Thread: kicking style martial arts

KFSSchaosmaster Guest

kicking style martial arts

hey everyone,
    i'm Joe.i was hopping if anyone know any martial art style that mostly work on the foot muscle? everyone tells me i kick like a donkey.and i think i would do good in a kicking type of martial art.
    thank you for your time.
    -Joe

tkd

well to be honest i've been reading into many martial arts to make myself more diverse and taekwondo is a very good "kicking" martial art. not to say there arent any better kicking ones, because i also heard caporia (check the spelling) which is an african martial art is also very good for kicking.

Just about every martial art involves kicks. If you're a good kicker then you could just play to your strengths in any art you choose.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Certain styles you won't be kicking much (Judo, Aikido, etc). There are also others that are known for kicking. Longfist styles are known for it as are many Korean arts (but be wary of the mcdojang). But for the most part, I agree with Chief Fox. Gung Fu styles are usually complete systems. So you will have plenty of room to develop your kicking in most styles. However, don't neglect everything else! Its best to be a well rounded martial artist. And first and foremost, try to find a good teacher. If you find several teachers of equal quality, then choose according to art. Happy hunting!
    Last edited by The Xia; 08-30-2006 at 06:52 PM.

Also Thai Boxing and Savate, in chinese styles I recommend eagle claw , mantis, monkey and generally the northern systems