Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ray Pina

response from other thread

"Shirkers,
    He said that all us praying mantis guys practice useless forms with no fighting applications what so ever. LOL dear Lord please educate him.

And taji is for old people with bad health problems and you cant fight with it... its too slow.................. "

Well I really don't want to get in between you guys and your conflict. But in response to green cloud, I simply say that when it comes to video taping in modern times it has a very useful service and helps dispell the myth or legend that closed door fights seem to have been spread throughout the years.

As for mantis guys and their training. I'm sorry to say that there is a lot of **** out there but there are a few who train well. I for one do forms on my own because well I'm by myself and it's just a part of training, but when I'm with partners it's all two man and driven towards fighting. On all levels of conditioning mind you. I feel what I do has worked for me and if my body was 100% I'd be using my style in a pro setting but injuries have taken that away from me. But that's my story.

So I think as fighters we all should know that styles, etc don't really mean **** and it boils down to the fighters involved and the style or whatever is just a tool for the fighter to use. So if someone wants to lump a style and say they all suck that's on them, I think ray stands up for himself and he's willing to put himself out there and I respect that. Deep down I think he knows that it's not about the style and more about the individuals and how they use their respected styles.

So in the end I'd like to say that I wish you guys luck in your fight next week, I wish I could be there to see it. I loves me some fights and I would really enjoy seeing this fight. Hopefully you guys resolve your issues respectfully by using what you train.
    Last edited by shirkers1; 06-20-2006 at 09:58 AM.
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...tofthejunk.jpg

LOL @ EarthDragon backpedaling after talking all his previous smack by now trying to convince Ray not to show up.

I doubt EarthDragon is half the fighter Ray is. I'm betting Ray will be there and will get a KO in under two minutes.

Ray may lose sometimes, but he walks the walk.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 06-20-2006 at 10:24 AM.

ATTN Hard Fist

I agree with you that showing up to someone's house and attacking them SHOULD lead to you being shot. Also, having someone welcome you into thier home only to ambush you with a room full of people is also a way to welcome someone to seriously hurt or kill you.

We're not talking about that.

We're talking about two martial artists who had a fundamental disagreement in regards to training. If you tell me you can be a chess master by reading books and setting up only your pieces and playing against the air .... I'll tell you, you have very bad odds of beating me if I've been studying chess by playing with a top master, and then spending my weekend playing speed chess in the park.

Now, we can agree to disagree.

But when I offer to play you and then realise it's not worth driving 8 hours to play someone who really believes that ... and then have that person say I'm not going because I'm scared. Well, if I'm nuts enough to make the drive -- which I am -- then we must play!

It is that simple. If Earth Dragon wrote me saying, hey, I'm with you, you need to be testing yourself against live resistance, of course you can't just fight an experienced fighter doing form, this would never have happened. That's what started it.

Now it has progressed to him placing himself above me, calling me a boy and out of his league. Look, I am calm and in control of my emotions. I had a no rules fight on June 4th. You can go check on Bullshido for yourself. This aint no thing. The hardest part is the drive. I like to fight, I enjoy the challenge. I enjoy the unknown, how the fight will unfold and the positions that arise.

I do admit that he has made this personal though. And I haven't fought someone that I had ill feelings against but I have plans to in the future. So this is a good experience for me all the way around.

I'm not unreasonable though. If Earth Dragon apoligizes and changes his attitude towards me, I will gladly stay in Long Beach and pray for surf. Either way it's no big deal.

As for those comments about Mantis and Taiji, I didn't make them. Those are Earth Dragon's words, not mine. I train Taiji as part of my E-Chuan training. My old crew of S Mantis only fought, there was no form. Every class full gear fighting with teacher interuptions.

I haven't put a style in a box after a TKD 3rd dan almost broke my coller bone with a cresent kick .... right time, right technique. It worked.
    Last edited by Ray Pina; 06-20-2006 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter
    LOL @ EarthDragon backpedaling after talking all his previous smack by now trying to convince Ray not to show up.

I doubt EarthDragon is half the fighter Ray is. I'm betting Ray will be there and will get a KO in under two minutes.

Ray may lose sometimes, but he walks the walk.
    Just for the sake of clarification, did i miss something? I didnt read anything that struck me as back pedaling. I am not saying he didn't but you know how we lose a lot of our intended meaning when we communicate through writing. So i was curious to see how you interpreted something he said differently than i did. My take was that he was being pretty upfront and aggressive with his acceptance of the challenge from ray. Now personally i try to stay out of these types of squabbles unless it is to interject a bit of light heartedness but i had to ask just for clarification.

However, I will say reading all the drama on this board has led me to think of a great idea. A soap opera kung fu show. think about it. it would be like day time trash for men. all those bored house husbands out there watching other men bicker and challenge and travel and fight . man that would be so great. can i get an amen?

I work my job Thurs, Fri, Sat night and Sunday day.

Every day, almost without a skip, I sit down to drink some very good quality Jasmine tea, eat lunch, and read these boards and was recently thinking it was just like a soap opera. Keep up the good work guys...
    A unique snowflake

don't pay attention to knifefighter bruce, he's an affirmed cma hater and carrys a card in his wallet that says so. If there's anything negative to be expounded upon about tcma, then knifefighter is the man!

lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

LOL!

This is the most stupid CMA vs. MMA crap I've ever seen...

but you should still fight...I like fights
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Quote Originally Posted by CaptinPickAxe
    LOL!

This is the most stupid CMA vs. MMA crap I've ever seen...

but you should still fight...I like fights

Yeah, but which is the CMA guy and which is the MMA guy? I think both are both, but both advocate a different (and in their belief better) mix of both. It hurts my head to think about it. This is the TCMA with a side of cross-training vs. a modern approach to training traditional concepts, I think. Anyway, I pray that this happens and someone posts video. Whoever wins, I think it will be a fun ass fight to watch.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

Quote Originally Posted by dwid
    ... Anyway, I pray that this happens and someone posts video. Whoever wins, I think it will be a fun ass fight to watch.
    I agree! Don't puss out on us guys. We're counting on the both of you.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

?

Hey ray I know you are collecting videos of yourself fighting for a future release by you or something along those lines and don't post your vids. But since this fight has direct ties to 2 individuals on this board could you please put this vid up on youtube or something for those of us in this forum to see? That would be ballstacular.
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...tofthejunk.jpg

Thanks for all of your responses and opinons To me this challenge is stupid but hey I will fight at the drop of a hat if need be always have and hopefully always will

knifefighter, where did I ever back pedal? actually ray challenged me in a PM then responded and said I wasnt worth the drive the next day so please for all of us cut and paste where you assumed this from my words, otherwise shut up! your posts are always negative and you never have anything good to say, so its always better to not say anything at all..
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson
    don't pay attention to knifefighter bruce, he's an affirmed cma hater and carrys a card in his wallet that says so. If there's anything negative to be expounded upon about tcma, then knifefighter is the man!
    LOL!! Ray IS CMA.

I'm not a CMA hater. I'm a hater of people who train BS stuff, make outrageous claims, and never back it up.

Ray is probably one of the very few CMA practitioners that actually is out there testing his stuff out and using it against others. He is probably one of the very few CMA practioners on this board who could actually use his CMA effectively. He is doing exactly what needs to be done to keep one's system real... unlike most of the other pontificators around here.

you know why i like ray pina? because it doesnt matter if he's gonna win or lose, he will fight. he is also fighting for what he believes "preserve good fighting and such" (at least thats what im getting out of his stuff) he's like 8 hour drive? no problem i'll do it this weekend!!!

lol man. you're hardcore!

note* im not agreeing with everything ray says about people. i find it interesting and committed he will drive 8 hours for a fight.
    Last edited by Shaolinlueb; 06-20-2006 at 09:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by shirkers1
    That would be ballstacular.
    LOL...he said ballstacular.

kniffighter, LOL!! Ray IS CMA.

Ray is probably one of the very few CMA practitioners that actually is out there testing his stuff out and using it against others. He is probably one of the very few CMA practioners on this board who could actually use his CMA effectively. He is doing exactly what needs to be done to keep one's system real... unlike most of the other pontificators around here.

how did you arrive at this assumption? You dont know anyone on these boards nor have you ever met them so its utterly impossible to say this, thats why no one takes you seriously. You make uneducated sweeping assumptions like that..........
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."