Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruan Dong...

Hi Mufahok,
    Good advice, as usual,, but tell me something????
    How can Ruan Dong’s student not know Ruan Dong’s System???

Peter

student or not ?

Interesting.

Ask Ruan for the full story when you meet him.

Let's not speculate. Not something you wanna do in Kung Fu; be certain.

As stated on our web site and elsewhere, the simple truth is Great Master Ruan Dong is the Technical Master and Advisor to the White Crane Research Institute. One of our members secured his services when he was in Fuzhou in 2005. We are currently negotiating to have great Master Ruan Dong visit Australia.

We are not interested in politics .... just the martial arts and further research and learning. We bow to those who have more knowledge than ourselves.

Mufahok, do you know Sifu Feng Wu? His Calling Crane is very good.

Mufahok, can you direct us to the Yahoo group for Calling Crane?

Many thanks.
    Last edited by Minghequan; 06-30-2006 at 08:33 PM.

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

I belong to one such discussion group comprising mainly of Crane practitioners from Asia. We use Mandarin.

When your name was mentioned, almost all members rejected.

Don’t know why but that the way it is.

Most overseas Chinese don’t acknowledge mainland MingHe. For us, the line there stopped the generation after Xia Zhong Xian.

Almost all his descendents left mainland and established themselves outside China.

Similar to Taiwan’s Feeding Crane and Malaysia’s Flying Crane, the heart of MingHe is possibly the Fuzhou community in Singapore which saw the biggest flock of MingHe masters during the communist political turmoil. Some of these Singapore masters might have returned to resurrect MingHe; I am not sure. For more exact history, you might want to talk to Li Kang, the Hong Kong Kung Fu researcher.

Just in case, I am not MingHe .

MuFaHok refers to “Plum Blossom Crane”.

I am curious; have you met Ruan in-person?
    Last edited by Mufahok; 06-30-2006 at 11:09 PM.

Mufahok,

Thank you for sharing the informatrion with me.

Can you ask the people on the Yahoo list you mentione3d if they have ever heard of one Jamie Scuffell.

Jamie Scuffell claims to be an "inheritor" of Flying Crane and claims to be a lineage holder of the "Shen Zhao Pai Fujian White Crane" (Feihequan) under a Master Lui Hong Shen (1923 -2002).

Cna you tell me more about Plum Plossom White Crane! Are you a teacher and where are you located?

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

When your name was mentioned, almost all members rejected.

LOL.....

What can I say, I have rather "controversial" views:

http://home.austarnet.com.au/tsuruken/p48.htm

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

Don’t want to repeat the details here but I think the consensus is that more than your views are controversial.

About your question; why can’t you approach the Flying Crane people direct? They are not that difficult to contact.

So again; have you ever met Ruan in person?

More on Ruan's MingHe:-

Calling Crane (Ming He)
    Master Ruan Dong
    Register for more info

“Calling Crane Wushu, or Ming He Quan, is characterized by the breathing techniques used to express energy - thus "calling" crane. Rapid, swirling hand movements combined with delicate jumps and the calling sounds result in a stunning display. It was invented by the famous Master Xie Zhong Xiang towards the end of the 19th century in Fuzhou City. Master Xie is a famous name in the history of Wushu, well known not only in China, but also in Okinawa and Japan, where he is given the nickname Ryu Ryu Ko, a variation of Chinese Ru Ru Ge. Many of Okinawan Karate styles draw their lineage from him.

WS Magazine Calling Crane Articles & Videos “

Taken from: - http://www.kungfu-taichi.com/servlet...on/SeminarHub/

Ruan is in the forefront in supporting the MingHe/Karate ties.

Cheers...

Hi Mufahok, Geneching, everyone else,
    I have made contact with Shifu Ruan Dong’s people and thank you for your help.
    Thank you…..

Peter

Brillant!

Hope you like Chinese tea.

Remember, no sugar and must be a little bitter.

I have no wish to get involved in the politics of my brothers but since Mr. Ron Goninan is not answering the question maybe I will for you.

Ruan Dong has “Never” met Ron Goninan in his life. Mr. Ron Goninan sent Ruan a video of himself. As stated by Ron Goninan in a post on Martialtalk forums,

Posted by Shifu (Ron Goninan 6-22-2006) Martial Talk Forums.
    “As stated clearly, I was viewed in May 2005. A Technical Advisor is just that, someone who advises on technical issues such as techniques and forms etc.”

“He is my Sifu. He saw me and made several rather kind statements, that is he "VIEWED" my White Crane.”

As far as we see this he has no teacher, never as. He is using Ruan Dongs name to further himself, but instead of this he is making a mockery of the art.

Hualong

Hualong,

You have only made two posts on this entire forum and both are about this subject. You don't wish to enter into politcs yet you make such a negative a post and personalised attack against me? Having never met me nor having any understanding of my relationship with great Master Ruan Dong you make negative and political statements.

Sorry Sir but you ARE being political. Are you asscociated with that Fraud Jamie Scuffell as I suspect you are? Perhaps you'd care to identify yourself by name instead of hiding behind the "Hualong" name? Perhaps you were known as "Jenner" on Martial Talk? If so then you were warned several times about your politics by the moderator there.

No sir I did not "send" any video to Master Ruan Dong! You are plainly and simply wrong. As clearly stated previously, Great Master Ruan Dong (Whom I respect highly hence my desire to keep his name out of the petty politics of persons such as yourself) has agreed to be the White Crane Research Institute's Technical Master and Advisor. This I have in writing from Great Master Ruan Dong. This is the degree of our relationship. One of my respected students and members visited Master Ruan Dong to learn his art and to return with such knowledge to share. I am in the process of having Great Master Ruan Dong visit with us to further both our knowledge and his art .... that is if you would keep your sad politics out of it as it is a matter between myself and Great Master Ruan Dong!

I'll not allow myself to lower myself, this forum nor the arts by entering into your sad and pathetic politics. I am here on this forum to learn, not play politics.

It would be appreciated if you would keep your sad and unfortunate politics to yourself.
    Last edited by Minghequan; 07-09-2006 at 06:00 PM.

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

You have only made two posts on this entire forum and both are about this subject. You don't wish to enter into politcs yet you make such a negative a post and personalised attack against me? Having never met me nor having any understanding of my relationship with great Master Ruan Dong you make negative and political statements.

Reply,
    I came on here to answer a post from ‘Mashi’ to contact Ruan Dongs students. Then you came on and answered him too. I stayed and watched when you were asked if you have ever met Ruan Dong, which you would not answer, or is it that you cannot answer.

Sorry Sir but you ARE being political. Are you asscociated with that Fraud Jamie Scuffell as I suspect you are? Perhaps you'd care to identify yourself by name instead of hiding behind the "Hualong" name? Perhaps you were known as "Jenner" on Martial Talk? If so then you were warned several times about your politics by the moderator there.

Reply,
    You are claiming to be a student of Ruan Dong and you are not. That’s not political, that’s the truth.
    I have never met Jamie Scuffell, nor Jenner, sorry.
    My name is Jonathan.

No sir I did not "send" any video to Master Ruan Dong! You are plainly and simply wrong. As clearly stated previously, Great Master Ruan Dong (Whom I respect highly hence my desire to keep his name out of the petty politics of persons such as yourself) has agreed to be the White Crane Research Institute's Technical Master and Advisor.

Reply,
    You said he ‘viewed’ you.

This I have in writing from Great Master Ruan Dong. This is the degree of our relationship.

Reply,
    Ruan Dong speaks a mandarin dialect (I think it is a local dialect), and does not speak English.
    Do you read Mandarin?

One of my respected students and members visited Master Ruan Dong to learn his art and to return with such knowledge to share. I am in the process of having Great Master Ruan Dong visit with us to further both our knowledge and his art …

Reply,
    How can you further the art of Whooping Crane. You don’t even know his forms.

It would be appreciated if you would keep your sad and unfortunate politics to yourself.

Reply,
    Sure, have you ever met Ruan Dong?

Hualong

Our Master caught up with Master Ruan Dong last week as they are friends - he was back in Fuzhou catching up with a few of the Zi Ran Men lads.

There was talk that he may be out in Australia soon.