Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ruan Dong...

Thanks for your response but again I state that I'll not enter into any negative politics. It achieves nothing and only lowers the arts.

It is good to know that Great Master Ruan Dong will have the chance to demonstrate his art. I care little for the politics of who is right or wrong regarding White Crane. All I know is from what I have seen of Great Master Ruan Dong's White Crane is that I like it a great, great deal. It has struck a chord in me. To me it appears very beautiful and internal and seems to match in with my personal belief of what I feel White Crane should be. I sincerely hope to learn more of this fascinating art in the future.

As for me as I have CLEARLY stated ... I am just a seeker, not an "expert". I have not stated that I am an expert of anything. I do not want to be anything other than I am ... a seeker. I am not seeking acceptance by others, I just seek to learn, seek and to be happy in life ... which I am.

My student passed on several items to Great Master Ruan Dong concerning myself including some photo's etc and that is when he made the comments to pass on to me. It was very kind of him to do so but I did not seek out his endorsement. Nothing mystical or magical!

Thanks again for your response. I have learnt a great deal from your posts. Thank you.

I wish you all the best.
    Last edited by Minghequan; 07-12-2006 at 09:12 PM.

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Hi,

I will not enter into negative politics. I am here for discussion and friendship.

Reply,
    I’ll translate that into English for you,
    “I will not enter into politics if it involves me”
    Why don’t you read some of your posts.

Sir, I have not been disrespectful to you at any time and have treated you with the respect you deserve. You have made 6 posts on this forum on this thread and not in any other area of this forum, which would indicate that you sir, have an agenda (troll?).

Reply,
    You have no understanding of that word. You were claiming to teach Minghequan, yet you cannot answer any questions put to you.
    You claim Ruan Dong as your Sifu, yet you have never met him.
    You learn from videos and books and then call yourself a Minghequan Sifu, that’s your respect for the art right there…

You post some old Internet crap as a means of attacking me. This is old and all involved have moved on.

Reply,
    You have obviously not moved on, you are still doing the same thing. So YES it is relevant.

To answer your question no I have yet to meet Great Master Ruan Dong who I respect greatly. All I am seeking is to learn and I have sought out Great Master Ruan Dong and am seeking to bring him to Australia to teach. What is wrong with that? Why must you attempt to ruin my and my students opportunity to link up with this great master of the arts?

Reply,
    There you go, feel better now… You have never met Ruan Dong…
    Mr. Goninan you ruin your own chances.

I have been lucky to have undertaken a modest amount of research into White Crane and other arts via various people such as, Sifu Yap Leong, Sifu Erle Montaigue (Dim-Mak), Sifu Paul Wollos, Sifu Gu-Ping, Shifu Lorne Bernard and Sifu Fai.

Reply,
    They are all good masters, Yap Leong (wuzuquan), Erle Montaigue (Taiji), Paul Wollos (Feeding Crane), Gu Ping (Wushu), Lorne Bernard (Flying Crane), and Fai (Wushu).
    How many of these have you trained with?

I have been with Sifu Fai for the past seven and a half years. He is a gentleman who keeps to himself (I can't blame him for this ... just look at all this Internet crap!)

Reply,
    Sifu Fai is a student of Gu Ping, he is not White Crane.

He teaches what he simply calls "Shaolin Baihe" or simply "Shaolin". He gave me his blessing to seek out Great Master Ruan Dong and there are many similarities between that Sifu Fai teaches and the Minghe of Great Master Ruan Dong

Reply,
    Sifu Fai studied with Gu Ping who teaches Shaolin Wushu (a very good practitioner may I add), are you saying that Ruan Dong’s Crane is like WUSHU?

With all due respect to Mr Eric Ling, he posted the following concerning Great Master Ruan Dong on Southern Kungfu Net:

Reply,
    I am not going to put the post up as it is already posted above.
    On the whole he is right, Ruan does over emphasis shaking. The mainland and overseas Minghequan systems differ quite a bit. When I first learnt Minghequan the emphasis was to make the shake big so one could understand the energy better and then over time the shake became smaller and smaller. Overseas Minghe is more internal then the mainland style and the shaking energy is very subtle but very powerful.
    But hey, you should know that…

Hualong, I have clearly indentified who I am in my posts and where it is I am located. You sir have yet to do so yet you accuse me? Identify yourself, Who are you? Where are you located? Who do you train with? How are you indeed connected to Minghequan? Or are you Jamie Scuffell (as I suspect) using another Internet name to further your sad agenda?

Reply,
    First of all I am not accusing you, you said all that I posted yourself, on other forums, therefore it is not an accusation. IT IS A FACT…
    My name is Jonathan Tendel and I am sorry but I will not have you harassing my Sifu like you do the rest. If I tell you my teacher you will only claim his lineage like you do the rest. This is one of the main reasons that many Asian masters choose to be a bit reclusive. As for my connection to Minghe, I have studied with various teachers and still do to this day.
    Now for the third time. I have never met the man.
    You have this paranoia that if anyone questions you, they are Jamie Scuffell or Eric Ling.

As for posting a PM, they are called "Private Messages" for a reason. I believe the moderator should have something to say about this.

Reply,
    Then do not write petty politics to me.

Mr. Goninan, I am not picking on you, I did not come to this forum to argue with you as I have stated above. But don’t tell lies about your association with Ruan Dong when there are people on the forum who have studied under him.
    And if your going to claim your teacher is Ruan Dong and that you are a Minghequan teacher you should be able to prove it.

And now you call me a TROLL…
    See there you go again with petty insults,

I have one question. Why are you signing your emails Gan Ren Nu?

Don’t tell me, I already know…

Posted by Ron Goninan on http://iaomas1.proboards14.com/index...5151143&page=1

Find out what your name is in Chinese and what it means.

Go Here:

http://www.mandarintools.com/chinesename.html

It is simple and easy to use!

The site also gives you the correct pronounciation if you click on each name.

My name is Gan Ren Nu. Ren is benevolent. Nu is exert, strive, make effort.

What's your name?

Minghequan, let me say it so you might understand it better,

Quack,quack,quack, quack, quack, quack,quack…

Hualong
    Last edited by Hualong; 07-12-2006 at 11:06 PM.

Oh man this is crazy, there have also been White Crane Articles in "Blitz" an Australian martial arts mag from these guys.

Okay that’s it.

I am going to contact Sifu Ling and ask for his side of the story.

I hope to be accepted as Sifu Chen’s disciple and that would make Sifu Ling my kung fu uncle.

Ruan is part of Sifu Ling’s White Crane family and I think Sifu Ling would not stand idly by knowing that Ruan’s name is dragged through mud by Goninan.

Hualong, on behalf of Fuzhou MingHe;

THANK YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Hualong

Minghequan, let me say it so you might understand it better,

Quack,quack,quack, quack, quack, quack,quack…

Hualong
    I just spat coffee all over my monitor.

Mashi

Hualong,

You and I have never met yet you attack me on this forum. What have I ever done to you?

Why must you ruin my opportuinity to train with Great Master Ruan Dong and to learn his art which is all I seek to do? Why?

Why are you making this so personal?

Sifu Fai by the way is not a student of Sifu Gu-Ping. Sorry.

By your own words may your true character be known.

I am here for non-political, non-personal discussion and to learn and it is on this platform that I will continue.

I will not enter into politics of any kind. I'm sorry.

If I have offended anyone with my posts then I humbly apologise. My only intent is to learn more about White Crane and to link up with other White Crane practitioners and to promote this wonderful art that is why I was so pleased to link up with Great Master Ruan Dong which you now seem hell-bent on sadly destroying my only chance.

I apologise to anyone whom I have caused offence to.

Sorry but I have placed you on my ignore list
    Last edited by Minghequan; 07-13-2006 at 06:24 PM.

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

Quote Originally Posted by Minghequan

Sifu Fai by the way is not a student of Sifu Gu-Ping. Sorry.
    http://www.e-budo.com/forum/archive/...p/t-20802.html

Posted by Paihequan (Ron Goninan) on E-budo forum. 08-26-2003, 09:27 PM
    I have had a fairly interesting if not scattered background in the area of the martial arts commencing in January 1970 in the art of Shotokan Karatedo through to the time spent with Mr. Yabiku Takaya of Okinawa pursuing his Okinawan Tsuruken (two weeks in October 1995), Sifu Gu-Ping of Guangzhou Province, China and his student Mr. Fai and onwards to the present time.

You said that he was yourself…

Maybe it slipped your mind.

Ron I found this and to be honest I could not believe your comment.

http://www.anyboard.net/rec/royaldra...posts/310.html

Posted by: shihfu
    01/13/2006, 16:04:12

What is the history of southern Tai Zhu style and what are the names of its forms how does it relate to Ngo Cho Kun and Fukien White Crane ? Here is a link to Tai Zhu style
    http://www.geocities.com/kungfu_gala...n/TaiChor.html

I don't know all that much about Tai Zhu but the postures seen on that site look kinda off to me!

Do you have any idea who that is?
    That master you are referring to is very famous.. his name is Quek Yong Hor (mandarin ‘Gou’)
    What qualifies you to say such a thing?

You really have no idea who that is do you, or do you?

Hualong

Hualong,

Sir, I was referring to one Gian Lencioni and not Quek Yong Hor, sorry. I have since come to respect Gian for being up front and open with his views and also the manner in which he reacts when people attack him. He is a fine martial artist.

Sir, there is more than one Mr. Fai. Sorry. The person in mention is Sifu Fai of Shaolin Baihe shown here:

http://home.austarnet.com.au/tsuruke...ary/mr_fai.jpg

You are making this a personal issue as you post on this section of the forum but will not write to me directly via my email which I have given you. Your politic are obvious. You have some style of a grudge against me and are doing your best to put me down. How terribly saddening. I hope that you eventually find happiness in your life and I will pray for you. Regardless of your on-gonig negativity, I offer you my respect and civility. I wish you well.

You are being political and attempting to attack me personally as you are trying to scrape up every thing you can against me. You must lead a very vacuous life if I am your main concern.

Reputation in our society is linked to income, ego and power; it is not a human right. This means one can be a cfriendishly political self-appointed authority on life and in this case the martial arts who daily gives his so called opinion on others rightly or wrongly.

I simply ask to be treated with civility as I attempt my best to treat others (yes even you sir) with due respect.
    Last edited by Minghequan; 07-13-2006 at 10:18 PM.

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

“What is the history of southern Tai Zhu style and what are the names of its forms how does it relate to Ngo Cho Kun and Fukien White Crane ? Here is a link to Tai Zhu style
    http://www.geocities.com/kungfu_gala...n/TaiChor.html

I don't know all that much about Tai Zhu but the postures seen on that site look kinda off to me!”

Goninan, did you really make that statement???

That is Grand Master Quek Yong Hor, one of the MOST RESPECTED masters of Fukien boxing. Revered as the most important master of Nan TaiZhu in many parts of Asia; considered by many to be of the same level with Ven. Sek. His descendents number in the thousands, yes thousands. Among them is none other than Sifu Teo Choon Teck, who for many years trained countless Lei Tai champions in Singapore.

Sifu Teo is a very close friend of Fujian White Crane Boxing’s Pan Family and his knowledge is sought by many even in mainland China.

WHAT QUALIFIES YOU TO MAKE SUCH A STATEMENT!!!

Now I am certain;

YOU ARE A FRAUD, A CON AND A QUACK.

As a ethnic Chinese, I am ashamed that we got a scum bug like you claiming to do Chinese art!!!
    Last edited by Mufahok; 07-14-2006 at 12:42 AM.

Oh dear

Okay everyone... lets have a reality check before the mud slinging continues.

The truth is, the year is 2006 and the internet is well established and there is a lot of information movement going around. It is also true there are people out there who want fame, respect and money. It is the natural way of things that someone will come along and steal something claim it as their own and try to gain these things from it. Although I haven't got an example I would happily place a bet that this has happened since the dawn of human civilisation. It is a negative part of human culture that we have to accept.

With regards to chinese martial arts, in the "old days" if people thought you were a fake, it would be up on the lei tai for a punch up and basically whoever lost was wrong. (Guess you are lucky to live in more civilised times Mr Goninan with the number of enemies you make, you'd either be constantly eating dirt or the best thing that ever claimed to be white crane.)

Anyway what it boils down to is, unless you are going to keep a style completely secret with no video footage and teaching in closed schools with handpicked students, people like Mr Goninan will keep popping up. There are probably more like him claiming to be white crane but have the sense to keep quiet and just do their own thing.

We cannot protect everyone in the whole world from charlatans like Mr Goninan. We must accept it happens and just go on protecting what we know and make sure it gets passed on to the next generation in the correct way.

As with regards to charlatans, its impossible to stop them. Best thing is just laugh at them, and if people believe him so what, do you honestly care what other people think when you have the real stuff. Personally I don't, its all hot air although very entertainng hot air. People who are experienced in CMA will be able to see whether they have it or not. Will Mr Goninan be able to perform forms with correct use of the waist and intention. Probably not but even if he does, Good luck to him, because at the end of the day he will never have what you have.
    Last edited by FunkySage; 07-14-2006 at 08:32 AM.

Bull$hit. Accepting liars and ignoring them will only make it worse. Of course, make sure they really are thieves and liars and it's not just misunderstanding before going on the attack (do your homework), but if you come across someone stealing your stuff and you feel you can prove it, you should tell people. Ignoring it just to avoid a bit of stress seems a bit cowardly to me. There's nothing wrong with being angry as long as it's focused in the right direction and you don't allow it to control you.

B-Rad, Ron Goninan has been around a fair while, not just here but on other forums. People keep speaking out about him but he's still around like the turd that won't flush.

What are you going to do? Go around and beat him up? That'll get you in trouble with the law.

Constantly follow all his internet posts and track him down? Well if you want to waste your whole life doing that then OK do it, but personally I think there are better things to spend with your time than tracking down losers.

What happens if 10 or 15 Groninans pop up at the same time? You going to keep track of all of them? Not possible buddy. Leave them in their fantasy world. The main thing is you don't let the real stuff die out, enough of it is disappearing already. Let Ron and his friends say what they want, its not cowardly its pragmatic.

Oh and I never said anything about accepting liars. What I said is you gotta accept that people like this always pop up and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Exposing a liar isn't any more of a waste of time than arguing about how big a waste of time exposing liars is Frauds do get caught and stopped, or at the very least, less people are taken in and hurt by conmen because someone exposed them. Just because someone keeps poping up online or elsewhere, it doesn't mean that actions like telling the truth about a career conman can't make a difference in other people's lives. The truth is, it's NOT impossible to stop charletians. It may be difficult, but it's been done before.

Thank You all for your views.

There is nothing wrong with seeking and researching an art and in seeking out a authentic teacher of same.

What is it you feel you have achieved by this thread other than to call out names and lower yourselves.. This thread (like many others) will die out and be replaced by others. In the general scheme of things, you will have achieved very little other than to show your true colours as people.Its all only word like so many thousands of words written in so many forums. Such is the nature of the Internet. I'll still be around, still seeking out my own truths and I'll still be happy long after this thread is dead and done with.

I'll bet that when this thread is done, you'll not see "Hualong" post anymore on any subject on this respected board!

The truth is there are far more important things in my life such as my family to continue to be involved in such negativity.

I am not a fraud , I AM however a seeker and regardless of all the name calling, the jumping up and down, the sad and pathetic smear campaign and all the ego-related politics this is what I will remain .... a seeker.

You can call me what you like, the fact remains that I will still be seeking and still be happy as I have this wonderful thing .... its called a life!

I have never said I was an "expert" of anything! I am simply a seeker, a real person and not some high and mighty "self-proclaimed "martial artist". I have the support of some wonderful people. I don't make claims to know anything about the martial arts. You see I am simply a seeker and am still learning.

I thank you all for your views as always I learn from others. It has been interesting and insightful into the nature of certain people.

My wife has read this thread and she is right when she advised I simply walk away from it and place my energy in my own pursuits and leave the politics and ego to the politicians.

I'll not engage in any more of your politics and let this thread die a natural death. Thank you all once again. Be happy with your life.
    Last edited by Minghequan; 07-14-2006 at 04:03 PM.

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way