Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ruan Dong...

Smile

Hi Blacktiger,

I hope that he does go down to Oz, it will be great for the promotion of his style. Ruan is a good teacher and a good practitioner.

Hualong

Hualong,

Please check you PM's.

Please send me your email address as I would like to write to you:

My email is:

tsuruken@austarnet.com.au
    Last edited by Minghequan; 07-10-2006 at 06:35 PM.

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Quote Originally Posted by Hualong
    You have only made two posts on this entire forum and both are about this subject. You don't wish to enter into politcs yet you make such a negative a post and personalised attack against me? Having never met me nor having any understanding of my relationship with great Master Ruan Dong you make negative and political statements.

Reply,
    I came on here to answer a post from ‘Mashi’ to contact Ruan Dongs students. Then you came on and answered him too. I stayed and watched when you were asked if you have ever met Ruan Dong, which you would not answer, or is it that you cannot answer.

Sorry Sir but you ARE being political. Are you asscociated with that Fraud Jamie Scuffell as I suspect you are? Perhaps you'd care to identify yourself by name instead of hiding behind the "Hualong" name? Perhaps you were known as "Jenner" on Martial Talk? If so then you were warned several times about your politics by the moderator there.

Reply,
    You are claiming to be a student of Ruan Dong and you are not. That’s not political, that’s the truth.
    I have never met Jamie Scuffell, nor Jenner, sorry.
    My name is Jonathan.

No sir I did not "send" any video to Master Ruan Dong! You are plainly and simply wrong. As clearly stated previously, Great Master Ruan Dong (Whom I respect highly hence my desire to keep his name out of the petty politics of persons such as yourself) has agreed to be the White Crane Research Institute's Technical Master and Advisor.

Reply,
    You said he ‘viewed’ you.

This I have in writing from Great Master Ruan Dong. This is the degree of our relationship.

Reply,
    Ruan Dong speaks a mandarin dialect (I think it is a local dialect), and does not speak English.
    Do you read Mandarin?

One of my respected students and members visited Master Ruan Dong to learn his art and to return with such knowledge to share. I am in the process of having Great Master Ruan Dong visit with us to further both our knowledge and his art …

Reply,
    How can you further the art of Whooping Crane. You don’t even know his forms.

It would be appreciated if you would keep your sad and unfortunate politics to yourself.

Reply,
    Sure, have you ever met Ruan Dong?

Hualong
    it looks a bit different, but is that you RD?
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

No

.................................................. .................................................. ...............................
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

No it is not Royal Dragon. He has been good enough not to enter into any politics which I respect greatly.

The matter has been dealt with directly.

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

Sorry. I Am Bad At The Quotes Also So Looks Like We Got A third. I Do Wish There Was A tutorial......,.!?!*#*/.......1

Who have you dealt with directly?

Hi Jethro,
    No it is not Royal Dragon.

Minghequan (Ron Goninan),
    When I got your email I was going to leave this topic alone and then you go and post something stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Minghequan
    The matter has been dealt with directly.
    You have not answered any questions that were put to you in this thread and you certainly have not dealt with me directly…

Where shall I begin?
    I came on this forum to answer Mashi’s post.
    Seeing as I have a contact for Ruan Dong and also belong to a discussion group on the subject, I thought that I would help him.

You said in an above post, and I quote, “It would be appreciated if you would keep your sad and unfortunate politics to yourself”.

You then send me private messages saying,
    message,

Hi Hualong (Jonathan),

Please allow me the opportunity of replying to your questions. I do so via PM as I have clearly stated that it is my aim to keep Great Master Ruan Dong's name free of the negative politics of others.

My student visited and trained with Great Master Ruan Dong in May 2005 and represented our White Crane Research Institute (WCRI) with honor and integrity. He also passed on my desire to link up with Great Master Ruan Dong and his Calling Crane Wushu Research Association of Fuzhou and passed on information regarding myself which was viewed very favourably by Great Master Ruan Dong.

Reply,
    Ruan Dong is a very good teacher and this has nothing to do with his good name.

message,

Great Master Ruan Dong agreed to become the Technical Master/Advisor to the WCRI and stated so in a letter given to my by my student complete with his seals etc.

Reply,
    Are these the same seals that you have photocopied onto your website pages?

We are now working very hard to have Great Master Ruan Dong visit Australia to further his art and to spread his art. We are quite serious about making this happen and in protecting our friendship with Great Master Ruan Dong so we naturally wish to avoid any of the unfortunate politics of others who seek to drag our efforts down or to cause harm to the good name of Great Master Ruan Dong .... One such person is the White Crane Fraud Jamie Scuffell and the other is one Mr. Eric Ling who has made several nasty comments about the authencity of Great Master Ruan Dong.

Reply,
    You say that you “wish to avoid any of the unfortunate politics of others”, and then you accuse Jamie Scuffell and Eric Ling of trying to cause harm to the good name of Ruan Dong. Can you prove this accusation?

I do not know Jamie Scuffell and the only reference to him that I can find on the Internet is by you.
    I believe that Eric Ling is a senior Fuzhou Minghequan stylist, and from what I have been told from reliable sources he is an excellent player. Where does Eric Ling make these “nasty comments”?

Then you send me another message.
    message,

How are you connected to Great Master Ruan Dong?

I am cautious of people using "Hotmail" accounts as this is what the absolute White Crane Fraud Jamie Scuffell uses, making out he is other people for the purpose of gathering info and plying his politics.

Reply,
    I’ll say it again, I have never met the man, but I have made enquiries.
    I have studied in Fuzhou on two occasions and found Shifu Ruan Dong to be an excellent teacher and a very good man at heart. Since you are claiming Ruan to be your Sifu I did some checking.
    Did you know that if you type in the words ‘Ron Goninan’ into google it comes up like a bad rash?
    Let me save you the time of looking.

12 – 30 – 2001
    You are the second ever westerner to gain access to ‘little known Lio, Chin-Long Family Paihequan Wuyangkuan Crane-Fist style and lineage of Taiwan’.

I believe this is Feeding Crane.

12 – 28 – 2003
    You announce that Dong Mu-Yao is your teacher.

I believe this is Fuzhou He Quan

06 – 23 – 2004
    You claim to teach and house the rare art of ‘Hood Chew Pak Hok’.

This I believe is Eric Ling of Fuzhou Minghequan, the one that you have been accusing.

2005, you claim that your teacher is a Flying Crane Sifu and he has just written a book.
    That would not be Lorne Bernard would it?

You must be a mountain of knowledge knowing all the main crane styles but yet you cannot say who your teacher is, baffling…
    If you would like me to post the links to these claims just say so.
    Just from the above you can see that you have claimed every White Crane style to be your own without any prior training in the art.

You are a liar and a charlatan, and when Patrick McCarthy caught you out you wrote this;

To: Patrick McCarthy
    Sent: Saturday, May 03, 2003 12:14 PM

To Mr. Patrick McCarthy,
    Please find enclosed my sincere letter of personal apology for the years of slander, underhanded behaviour and plagiarizing your copyrighted work.
    Having long suffered a lack of self-esteem, I have always wanted to be something I was not. An inflated ego fueled my ambition to seek out the kind of mail-order recognition that I could easily use to establish a guise of importance, made me feel important. Coming from a small community in country NSW, this worked particularly well and made me appear as if I were a big fish in a small bowl.
    Jumping from style to style over the years presented an opportunity for me to misrepresent my actual experience with each new instructor I met. So used to this did I become that I even began to believe it myself. Writing articles for martial arts magazines helped to generate a little more publicity, which not only solidified my opinion of myself it also gave me another way with which to accredited myself. My martial arts studies have been both diverse and dotted with false claims of outlandish rank from un-credible sources. I actually purchased a *Soke* rank from Rod Sarconoski's Juko-kai for $1500, and then several years later accepted an 8th dan Hanshi license from a complete charlatan in Okinawa named Takaya Yabiku, after only ever training with him once. It's probably of little interest to you, but this long and lonely road has finally caught up to me and I am now choosing to expose all, in an effort to escape the enormous chain anxiety that is negatively effecting every aspect of the life I truly want to live.
    I have knowingly carried out self-aggrandizing, unscrupulous and underhanded activities all in an effort to establish a reputation for myself, undermine your good name and protect my untenable background. I now regret this greatly. Such activities have included making pseudonym e-mail addresses in order to praise myself and criticize you, deliberately plagiarize your copyrighted material and present it as if it was my own, undermining your enviable reputation, and fabricating a history that did not accurately reflect my true martial arts background.
    I would like it to be known that I am renouncing all the derogatory comments that I have either said or written about you. It was just plain wrong and, as untrustworthy as I have been in the past, I am now appealing to your compassion to forgive me for my reprehensible actions.
    In truth, I am a great admirer or your accomplishments within the field of the martial arts and have, like so many others, been inspired by your work. I greatly admire your way of doing things, your research, the way you write, and the way in which you operate your organization. You've really had more of an influence on me then you may know. In a great many ways I have set you as a personal idol of mine. I idolized your work and the respect that was afforded to you and often wished to "be just like you." I guess that this is fairly evident. The problem was the way that I (incorrectly) set about to model my own life on yourself and your own research.

Now before you say that this is all in the past, and all that humble crap that spews from your mouth when you find yourself questioned, I will put it to you that you are still a LIAR and a CHARLATAN.

Can you give any proof of your connection to any Minghequan teacher?
    And this does not mean a student of yours talking to one.

The forms on your website can be found on the Internet, do you know any Minghequan that is NOT commercially available?
    That means not from books, video’s, vcd’s, dvd’s or the like.

Your website is a mish mash of white crane information from different styles and mostly plagiarized from books or others websites. I see that you were selling White Crane vcd’s, why did you not know the name of the form on the vcd when it was written plainly on the cover, I mean, this is the style you do, right?

Now this is not political, it is the TRUTH.

This is from just looking at the first couple of pages after typing your name in google.
    You like to say that you are controversial, you are not.
    Your whole website is your biography of yourself. The only accurate statement that you say about yourself is “ I am a person, not a martial artist”.

There is a saying, ‘Where there is smoke there is fire’, and the whole Whooping Crane community can see you sending serious smoke signals.

I personally don’t care what you do, but if you are going to claim Ruan Dong as your teacher then at least have the humility to be honest and open about it.

And don’t throw your petty agendas at me I am not interested.
    As far as I am concerned ‘ If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and goes quack, it’s a duck’.

If you wish to carry this on keep going, I will be more than happy to make sure that Ruan Dongs people see this thread, and then maybe he will see you for what you are…

A DUCK.

Hualong.

P.S. Minghequan, why do you sign you emails Gan Ren Nu?

Wowzaz

Yeah That Took 5 Pages To Get Through It On My Phone. You Came To Type!..........

Apologies

Hi ,
    I would just like to apologize to any Duck stylists who were insulted by my last post.

Hualong

I would just like to apologize to any Duck stylists who were insulted by my last post.
    I'm not a duck stylist, but I'm sure they'd forgive you . And you know what for the entertainment of your post in exposing Ron, hey I forgive you ... in duck... quack quack

Hi,

Decided a while back not to be involved in this thread but after reading Hualong’s post, I am back.

Only because Sifu Eric Ling is mentioned.

I met Sifu Ling a couple of times in Singapore. I was introduced and we spoke briefly about Kung Fu. He has since left Singapore and is now in Sarawak I believe.

I am, however, very close with his kung fu elder brother, Sifu Chen Tien Ngoon, the performer in the White Crane clips I posted.

Spoke to him before writing this; just to check on a few things.

And this is what I got from his Sihing:-

• Sifu Ling would not “pass nasty remarks” about Ruan Dong. Sifu Ling is taught by the late GM Xia Mu Tai who was directly (blood) related to Xia Zhong Xiang. Now the latter Xia is supposed to be Ruan’s teacher. In effect, that would make Ruan and Ling “family”. According to Sifu Chen, Eric is fully aware of this family ties and he would never make any disrespectful gesture of any type towards Ruan.

• Sifu Chen did mention that the only possible “conflict” is perhaps Sifu Ling’s stance on MingHe in relation to Ruan’s. Eric’s line believes that Ling Shixian was the founder of MingHe. Ruan, on the other hand, see Xia Zhong Xiang as the founder. Eric’s family is related to Ling Shixian.

Chen went on to explain that Eric got his first MingHe training from his father and uncles. This style of MingHe is now known as the “old” style among the Fuzhou in Singapore. Instead of doing the 4 or 5 forms commonly associated with MingHe, Eric’s line does 12.

Eric went on to train with GM Xie Mu Tai because Xie was, at that point, closely associated with another of Xie Zhong Xiang student, Huang Xin Xian.
    Huang introduced the Tai Chi elements into MingHe and Eric wanted to learn this “softer” version. The Chinese kung fu world knows of Huang more as a student of Cheng Men Ching.

Thanks.

Ps. now you know where I got info about MingHe system. Got them from Sifu Chen, my White Crane mentor at the moment.

I will not enter into negative politics. I am here for discussion and friendship.

Sir, I have not been disrespectful to you at any time and have treated you with the respect you deserve. You have made 6 posts on this forum on this thread and not in any other area of this forum which would indicate that you sir have an agenda (troll?).

You post some old Internet crap as a means of attacking me. This is old and all involved have moved on.

To answer your question no I have yet to meet Great Master Ruan Dong who I respect greatly. All I am seeking is to learn and I have sought out Great Master Ruan Dong and am seeking to bring him to Australia to teach. What is wrong with that? Why must you attempt to ruin my and my students opportunity to link up with this great master of the arts?

Hi Blacktiger,

I hope that he does go down to Oz, it will be great for the promotion of his style. Ruan is a good teacher and a good practitioner.

Hualong
    I have been involved within the martial arts in various forms and levels for the past 34 years. I started out training in Shotokan Karate before moving onward to Matsumura Shorin-Ryu and Okinawan Hakutsuruken (White Crane) on Okinawa before "discovering" my true love of Chinese White Crane.

I have been lucky to have undertaken a modest amount of research into White Crane and other arts via various people such as, Sifu Yap Leong, Sifu Erle Montaigue (Dim-Mak), Sifu Paul Wollos, Sifu Gu-Ping, Shifu Lorne Bernard and Sifu Fai.

I have been with Sifu Fai for the past seven and a half years. He is a gentleman who keeps to himself (I can't blame him for this ... just look at all this Internet crap!)

A photo of Sifu Fai and I can be found at the bottom of this page:

http://home.austarnet.com.au/tsuruken/p37.htm

He teaches what he simply calls "Shaolin Baihe" or simply "Shaolin". He gave me his blessing to seek out Great Master Ruan Dong and there are many similarities between that Sifu Fai teaches and the Minghe of Great Master Ruan Dong

With all due respect to Mr Eric Ling, he posted the following concerning Great Master Ruan Dong on Southern Kungfu Net:

No not that Ruan Dong. This is another Ruan Dong that communist China “installed” as the “official” leader of MingHe or Whooping Crane in China after failing to convince overseas Chinese to return.

Ruan Dong is a mainland Fuzhou claiming to be a descendent of Xie Zhong Xian and this is where most of us cannot figure out. Who taught him MingHe ? He is too “young” to a direct student of Xie and in all articles written either about or by him, there is no mention of his lineage.

He is very old now but those who have seen his earlier renditions of MingHe just cannot miss the heavy “Wushu” flavor – the excessive body shaking, the extra mimicking of Crane etc… Picture a mainland player doing Praying Mantis Kung Fu and you’ll know what I mean.

I think for some of us, the biggest issue must be his contribution in the book “He Quan”. His explanation of “MingHe” left many of us puzzled.

Many friends are saying that this is common; check any “traditional” Kung Fu materials from China and disparities are obvious. Not only in White Crane but in many different styles.
    Hualong wrote:

You have not answered any questions that were put to you in this thread and you certainly have not dealt with me directly…
    Hualong, I have clearly indentified who I am in my posts and where it is I am located. You sir have yet to do so yet you accuse me? Identify yourself, Who are you? Where are you located? Who do you train with? How are you indeed connected to Minghequan? Or are you Jamie Scuffell (as I suspect) using another Internet name to further your sad agenda?

As for posting a PM, they are called "Private Messages" for a reason. I believe the moderator should have something to say about this.
    Last edited by Minghequan; 07-12-2006 at 07:36 PM.

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

Here is a photo of Sifu Fai and I:

http://home.austarnet.com.au/tsuruke...ary/mr_fai.jpg

And here is Jamie Scuffell who also goes by "Wei Gui Hao" and "Lu Lu Ke" and who claims to be the inheritor of "Flying Crane".

http://home.austarnet.com.au/tsuruke...y/lu_lu_ke.jpg

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

I actually went into that website to read what Eric wrote.

He stated very unmistakably that he is reflecting the view of the Fuzhou White Crane community at large.

This is really the situation. Many in traditional Fuzhou Crane are asking this;

Where did Ruan Dong got his MingHe from?

Ruan himself announced that he has no record of any sort of his lineage.

And if you had the opportunity to watch Ruan in his younger days; I got a footage, you cannot help but notice how very Wu-Shu he was.

The fact of the matter is Ruan is popular mainly with westerners. I was told that this could have something to do with Patrick McCarthy; Ruan was mentioned in his book or something like that.

In the course of talking to his Sihing, I was also told that Eric is organizing some kind of a “Traditional MA” event next year.

One of the programs is a “Southern Fukien/Fuzhou White Crane Day”. This particular item is endorsed by the “World Fuzhou Association” – this is an international grouping of the Fuzhou clan. Yes the Fuzhou meets once a year on a roundtable basis. The last meeting was held in Sarawak and the current Chairman is a Sarawak Fuzhou.

Guess what? Ruan is on the invite list - a family gathering of MingHe.

So I guess we will all know the truth then when Ruan and Eric meet.

And speaking of truth;

- You stated you have never met Ruan.
    - You have never sent any video to Ruan for viewing.
    - Your only contact is via a student.

Yet we find this in your website:-

Great Master Ruan Dong of Calling Crane Fuzhou, China said: "Ron Goninan has strong Chi. Best wishes to you and your family and continued hard work."

So tell us, how this works?

Your student described your "chi" to Ruan ?

You sent Chi telepathically?

Or are you just "blowing Chi" in your website!

I really don’t understand what you are trying to accomplish. You got a bunch of incoherent cut/paste mumbo-jumbo in your website proclaiming to be MingHe.

And in the Southernkungfu forum which you so kindly pointed, I found you talking about your 1 form/1 principle paradigm of training?

IS THIS EVEN MINGHE?

I got it from the highest of White Crane authorities; I spoke to several Fuzhou Crane masters here and they all said this could only be Eric’s family “Fuzhou Ancestral Crane”.

So are you saying you’re “Ancestral Crane” now???

Minghequan, believe me when I say this; there are many who have spent years in proper BaiHe Quan training and they all know you are talking rubbish in your website and forums.

This is not politics, this is the TRUTH.

And as long as you don’t understand this, you will never be accepted in the White Crane circles.