Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: if you had a knife

if you had a knife

and say you had to kill this man cause youd get killed if you dont, and he doesnt have a knife but sees you coming toward him. How do you manage to stab him with it and prevent him from tackling you or picking you up and slamming your head into something?

http://ganggod.com/images/tookie_ijsc.jpg
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Williams

If I ever found myself in that situation I would consider myself a total failure in life, lay down the knife, hug the man and face my doom with the last drop of self respect I possess.

If you know how to use a knife the person would never see it. Only people who are scarred will flash the knife, this is a tatic to get you on the defense scarred afraid of you and for thenm to run, nothing more.

If you do have a knife and plan to use it you would palm it, stick or slash and run, anything else is fantasy land.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon
    If you know how to use a knife the person would never see it. Only people who are scarred will flash the knife, this is a tatic to get you on the defense scarred afraid of you and for thenm to run, nothing more.

If you do have a knife and plan to use it you would palm it, stick or slash and run, anything else is fantasy land.
    but he might see you coming toward him without the knife first though and posture up ready for you so youd have tof lash it beofore getting to him.

If you have the knife, then you should have the advantage (provided you know how to use it). Your opponent is not going to tackle you without trying to control the knife first, so that is what you have to guard against.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Well I guess as he's tackling me and picking me up, I'd be stabbing him the whole time.

But first, I would try to slash him and create some big cuts.

Oh wait, is it a throwing knife? I guess I would just throw it at him then.

Or is it one of those big Rambo knives?

Or is it a pocket knife like a Swiss army knife? If it's a pocket knife I would try to work in some way to use the cork screw.

Or is it like a butter knife? Not sure what I would do with that.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

What would you do?

A very good question Hieronim,

Maybe we need a little more detail though...why would I be killed if I didn't kill him first? In your scenario, does he have a gun? Does he want to harm you? Why? Is he mentally unstable? Intoxicated? Deaf? Are you in a dark alley and can't escape? How good are you with a knife? Why can't you disable him? Are there other people about? Why are you "coming towards him"? What are all of the variables here?

I love these "what would you do" questions put out there, which always presuppose that people only have two choices of action / non-action. In reality, you have many, many courses of action at each second of an ever-changing situation. More detail, please!

Quote Originally Posted by joedoe
    If you have the knife, then you should have the advantage (provided you know how to use it). Your opponent is not going to tackle you without trying to control the knife first, so that is what you have to guard against.

Ever heard of how Silverstein and Clayton Fountain killed those two guards on the same day at the same prison thus locking it down and forcing them to build the supermax new alcatraz at FLorence? Sopposevly before they did this they killed the dc black leader Cadillac Smith and the way it happened was Fountain slid under something and ran at him with a shank and cadillac smith stabbed him in the chest as he ran toward him than Silverstein tackled Cadillac while he had a knife and I think he dropped it than they stabbed him while he was on the gorund and they were on top of him.

http://www.peteearley.com/gallery/index2.html
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/1393970.stm

"Prison records show that Smith made several attempts to murder Silverstein, yet prison officials kept the two men in cells close to each other. Silverstein and another inmate, Clay Fountain, broke out of an exercise area and caught Smith as he was leaving a shower area. They stabbed him 67 times and then dragged his body up-and-down the prison tier so that other prisoners, still locked in their cells, could see the bloody corpse. Officer Merle Eugene Clutts was"

Quote Originally Posted by Ao Qin
    A very good question Hieronim,

Maybe we need a little more detail though...why would I be killed if I didn't kill him first? In your scenario, does he have a gun? Does he want to harm you? Why? Is he mentally unstable? Intoxicated? Deaf? Are you in a dark alley and can't escape? How good are you with a knife? Why can't you disable him? Are there other people about? Why are you "coming towards him"? What are all of the variables here?

I love these "what would you do" questions put out there, which always presuppose that people only have two choices of action / non-action. In reality, you have many, many courses of action at each second of an ever-changing situation. More detail, please!
    because according to prison rules if some people tell you to do it and you dont than the repercussions are that youll get stabbed and possibly killed. Or say he killed someone from your fmaily on the outside and you happen to be inside with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Fox
    Well I guess as he's tackling me and picking me up, I'd be stabbing him the whole time.

But first, I would try to slash him and create some big cuts.

Oh wait, is it a throwing knife? I guess I would just throw it at him then.

Or is it one of those big Rambo knives?

Or is it a pocket knife like a Swiss army knife? If it's a pocket knife I would try to work in some way to use the cork screw.

Or is it like a butter knife? Not sure what I would do with that.
    but my basic question is do you grab one of his arms first to neutralzie him and prevent him from lashign out at you like his left arm with your left arm do you grab huis neck or do you keep at him from a distance?

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronim
    Ever heard of how Silverstein and Clayton Fountain killed those two guards on the same day at the same prison thus locking it down and forcing them to build the supermax new alcatraz at FLorence? Sopposevly before they did this they killed the dc black leader Cadillac Smith and the way it happened was Fountain slid under something and ran at him with a shank and cadillac smith stabbed him in the chest as he ran toward him than Silverstein tackled Cadillac while he had a knife and I think he dropped it than they stabbed him while he was on the gorund and they were on top of him.

http://www.peteearley.com/gallery/index2.html
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/1393970.stm

"Prison records show that Smith made several attempts to murder Silverstein, yet prison officials kept the two men in cells close to each other. Silverstein and another inmate, Clay Fountain, broke out of an exercise area and caught Smith as he was leaving a shower area. They stabbed him 67 times and then dragged his body up-and-down the prison tier so that other prisoners, still locked in their cells, could see the bloody corpse. Officer Merle Eugene Clutts was"
    No, I have not heard about that.

Ad you never mentioned that it was a 2-on-1 situation
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronim
    and say you had to kill this man cause youd get killed if you dont, and he doesnt have a knife but sees you coming toward him. How do you manage to stab him with it and prevent him from tackling you or picking you up and slamming your head into something?

http://ganggod.com/images/tookie_ijsc.jpg
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Williams
    Seriously, if you have a fair amount of knife fighting training, military etc. it would be VERY hard for anyone to take you out empty handed. My suggestion is to find a kali or some such knife and stick type instructor to get you up to speed.
    Solid Brotha...

- Dolemite

Hieronim, your fascination with these topics such as prison life, knife fighting, etc., is a bit disturbing.

If you had done any research at all you would have heard of some people whose last names started with A and F who used to train commandos for the military.

At any rate ... ??? seriously it seems like you might need some counseling, or move to a bigger city or something.

Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt
    Hieronim, your fascination with these topics such as prison life, knife fighting, etc., is a bit disturbing.

If you had done any research at all you would have heard of some people whose last names started with A and F who used to train commandos for the military.

At any rate ... ??? seriously it seems like you might need some counseling, or move to a bigger city or something.
    Applegate and Fairbairn, exactly, I learned knife fighting from an army airborn guy, the principles havent changed in many years.
    Solid Brotha...

- Dolemite

Want to see what a real knife attack is like? Check out the Dog Bros site and watch the clip of the interface of knife, gun, and empty hand. Check out the segments showing the "sewing machine" and Dogzilla's demonstration of a knife attack.