www.jowtigers.com/movies/doubledaggers.wmv

Fa Kuen (1/2)
    www.jowtigers.com/movies/fakuen.wmv -

Siu Ying Jow Kuen (1/4)
    www.jowtigers.com/movies/siuyingjowkuen.wmv

regards
    Tai Lik

Thankyou very much!

Jow Ga videos seem very hard to get, eh!

Very nice clips and demos, Thank you, never seen jow ga videos before very similar to clf

and hung gar

Quote Originally Posted by DoPi
    Very nice clips and demos, Thank you, never seen jow ga videos before very similar to clf

Thanks Dopi
    Jow Ga is also referred to as Chow Ga, Zhou jia, and Chau Ka depending on the dialect or translation. Jow Ga has also been referred to as Hung Tao Choy Mei, which translates to "head of Hung and tail of Choy." It was labeled Hung Tao Choy Mei because the system incorporates two of the best southern styles of Kung Fu known as Hung Ga and Choy Ga. It also combines Northern Siu Lum.

Tai Lik

Quote Originally Posted by Siu Lum
    real nice stuff Tai-Lik!....realy enjoyed those...
    have not seen much jow ga, i realy like it...i can see the Hung Gar and CLF.....

thanks for sharing!
    Thanks Siu Lum
    went to your site today and watched your clips. nice job! Thank you for sharing as well.

regards
    Tai Lik

Siu Lum you'll welcomed at our event.

here are two more I meant to include from the opening demo (5 Tigers Tourny 06)

1/4 "Gwok Gee Kune" (the clip title says Chai Jong, but it's incorrect)
    www.jowtigers.com/movies/william_form.wmv

"Siu Fook Fu" (last 1/4)
    www.jowtigers.com/movies/siufokfu.wmv

Tai Lik

Thumbs up

Hello Tai Lik hope all is well, Don't have to tell you that those were nice clips. I definately see the choy li fut influence

Hope to see more clips there great

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud View Post
    I definately see the choy li fut influence
    Pffft… why do the CLF folks love jumping on the band wagon so much?...

There is no CLF “influence” in Chow Gar/Jow Ga. Chow Gar’s influence is from Hung Ga, Choy Ga and a sprinkling of Bak Siu Lum.
    It is a common myth that Chow Gar is derived from Hung and CLF. But this CLF connection is incorrect.

teen ha mo kung cheut siu lam

so almost all systems have 1 or 2 similarities, others more

anyways show us some jow ga fu pau sets please

i wanna see the differences with our ones and urs

Quote Originally Posted by Fu-Pau View Post
    Pffft… why do the CLF folks love jumping on the band wagon so much?...

There is no CLF “influence” in Chow Gar/Jow Ga. Chow Gar’s influence is from Hung Ga, Choy Ga and a sprinkling of Bak Siu Lum.
    It is a common myth that Chow Gar is derived from Hung and CLF. But this CLF connection is incorrect.
    Fu pau??? don't know what your talking about but I am very good friends with several Jow Ga sifus and based on my discussions with them they them selves admit to the hung and CLF influences.

Hung Ga Choy ga and Bak sing are all part of the CLF system.

PFFFFFT... you know do the math Choy ga + li ga + fut ga all = choy li fut stupid.

Don't tell me PFFT. That's just arogant, what exposure have you had when it comes to Jow Ga hell I've seen Jow Ga perfomed at Tourneys so many times I know the forms my self.

greencloud.net

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    "teen ha mo kung cheut siu lam"

-or at least we like to think so!

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud View Post
    Fu pau??? don't know what your talking about but I am very good friends with several Jow Ga sifus and based on my discussions with them they them selves admit to the hung and CLF influences.
    That’s nice

Hung Ga Choy ga and Bak sing are all part of the CLF system
    Really? You do realise that “bak sing” (branch of CLF) and “bak siu lum” (Northern Shaolin style) are not the same thing?

PFFFFFT... you know do the math Choy ga + li ga + fut ga all = choy li fut stupid.
    Isn’t the “Choy” in CLF a reference to a person (coincidentally named Choy), not the style Choy Ga? (I could be wrong?)

what exposure have you had when it comes to Jow Ga
    Oh, just a bit…

hell I've seen Jow Ga perfomed at Tourneys so many times I know the forms my self.
    Ok then… I guess the rest of us better just sit down and listen to you?

someone told me the choy in Jow Ga is different to the Choy as in CLF.

although, JG does look allot like CLF, then agian, allot of styles look like CLF.

thanks for the videos
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Of course Jow Gar and Choy Li Fut look somewhat similar, both systems are synthesised from 3 styles, and in both systems 2 of the styles are the same! The fusion of Hung Gar/Nan Sil Lum/Fut Gar or whatever you want to call it with northern Shaolin is the distinctive factor in both styles. The differences stem from the third system, Li Gar for Choy Li Fut and Choy Gar for Jow Gar, and the nature of the northern Shaolin. As is the way with kung fu history it never clearly specifies what these northern Shaolin systems were (people were obviously less concerned about lineage back then ), but from the styles today you would infer that for Jow Gar it was an orthodox longfist system, while for Choy Li Fut you would guess a more esoteric longarm system along the lines of Fanzi, Tongbei or Pigua. However, the blend is also different, as Chan Heung spent 8 years with Choy Fook studying northern styles, accounting for over a third of his training, whereas I believe the founder of Jow Gar only spent 3 or 4 years studying Bak Sil Lum.
    Both are great systems, and we should celebrate their similarities and their differences
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk