Thread: ATTN!!!!: Help Me! I'm drowning in a sea of cosmic chi

Hybrid View

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

ATTN!!!!: Help Me! I'm drowning in a sea of cosmic chi

"Master XXX has the rare ability to teach what cannot be taught to people from all walks of life according to their ability."

ok...so we have 'cosmic chi center' that is totally hippie'd out the ass and claims they follow the Tao but in the above statement totally disregards the primary tenet of Taoism...do they not? I mean, I'm certainly not the perfect taoist...but, of course, there really is no such thing...in as much as I am the perfect taoist but absolutely not at the same time.

c'mon....mantis108....SPJ...can I get a witness?!?!?!?!?!
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

If, when you move, he comes over and offers you brownies as a kind of welcome to the neighborhood thing. don't eat the brownies. those darn hippies put that marijuana in them. instead mayube you should do a preemptive i am in town good will thing and bring him some pecan pie...PECAN PIE OF DEATH!!

lol...yea...hippies suck...

but, seriously...'teaching the unteachable' is such a load of crap.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Oso, the problem is with you. Your mind is not ready to accept that which is unacceptable. Remember, there is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

yeah its all very advanced stuff and now you just blew your chance to learn it....in secret...with the master...oooooh
    Kung Fu is good for you.

The Tao that is said (defined) is not the Tao."

To teach something that is untangible or unspeakable is not easy if not impossible.

Something can be learned only from practice and first hand. And that the teacher may say a thousand words is still short of target.

The students may understand the meaning via practice overtime. This is beyond words.

If the school is close to the TKD and Chi center, you may have more students from these sources, too.

Good luck on moving and resettling into a new locale.

actually, I'm going to rip all the email addresses they have kindly provided me with for my own marketing purposes...taoism at work, baby!

If the school is close to the TKD and Chi center, you may have more students from these sources, too.
    I'm hoping so.

We are cheesing out a bit on our latest flyer and the ad we're going to take out in a city wide parenting mag

crap, just tried to upload the document but it's too big

Through an ancient art...
    Connect with the past.
    Build for the future.
    Find grace, speed, and skill.
    Develop perseverance and confidence.
    Asheville Martial Arts
    Traditional Kung Fu
    and the formatting doesn't carry over either.

watcha think? a little cheesy but i got to do something to get people in besides 'it's hard work, you'll sweat, get some bruises and no, there is no real guarantee you will succeed at this...it all depends on you'

"'it's hard work, you'll sweat, get some bruises and no, there is no real guarantee you will succeed at this...it all depends on you'"

Truth in advertising not working out for you? Eh, that's why I hate the marketing aspect of running a school. I'm not a salesman so I'll probably never teach officially. I'd just rather punch and kick and keep to myself.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I'd just rather punch and kick and keep to myself.

Reply]
    I find myself feeling the same way lately.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

well, I think it's worked with the last couple of guys to come in.

both of them asked me why I only had a few students...I started to try some BS but instead told them that it was because we're not giving anything away, you have to work for it and it don't come easy.

both of them signed up for our 3 month program...as in pay 3 months in advance for a discounted price.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    I'd just rather punch and kick and keep to myself.

Reply]
    I find myself feeling the same way lately.
    Well not totally isolated. Just not dealing with the stresses of having a school and teaching students en mass. You need to have good work-out partners and teachers to help push you to get better.

For me, we opened the school, and I was supposed to teach my stuff a few nites a week, but once that was inplay, I found myself hopeing NOT to get any students. I didn't, but I still help teach the Taiji classes.

During the Hung Gar class after, however, I tend to go off by myself, to my own little corner, and work on my Tai Tzu stuff mostly.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen
    Well not totally isolated. Just not dealing with the stresses of having a school and teaching students en mass. You need to have good work-out partners and teachers to help push you to get better.
    If you do keep a small group with no affiliation. Less hassles make it fun. To bad I found that out the hard way.