Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ATTN!!!!: Help Me! I'm drowning in a sea of cosmic chi

Quote Originally Posted by TaiChiBob
    Greetings..

Never judge a book by its cover.. i know some mighty mean folks that might be mistaken for "hippies"..

Be well..

Well, yeah, but if you were playing the odds. . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Cool Hi Oso,

Well, I think you did a good job on both ripping his e-list and recuiting new members.

My Dao is very simple - Eat (racks of lamb), Drink (vintage red), fight Men (by the way of no fighting) and flirt & ... with Women (hardcore!). Oh forget, die a happy man with no regrets. You can name it the Way of Eat Drink Men Women or the Fist of No Regrets! LOl...

I think it was Bruce Lee who said "I have nothing to teach because there is no method and there is no way, what's to teach?" and I particularly agreed with him that only through the realization of our ignorance that we'll learn the proper way.

I think you have found your way when you decided not to give BS speech to sign up new student. You made a moral decision rather than a financial one. Acting in conscience, how much more in accordance with the Dao can that be, my friend?

Warm regards

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by TaiChiBob
    Greetings..

Never judge a book by its cover.. i know some mighty mean folks that might be mistaken for "hippies"..

Be well..
    I don't ever judge a book by it's cover...but, crap still smells like ****.

You know the reason I spout about disliking hippies? Because, at least in this neck of the woods...I have only run across more hypocrisy in one other social group...martial arts teachers.

my case against this guy's statement was in the original post...he claims to be able to explain the unexplainable...****ing hogwash.

you may try, I may try but, if we're honest...we only say that we are trying.

LOL, and what JP said.

and, dayum, what my friend Robert said...that was great.

on one sense, I don't want to do this.....erghsdhshjdsljfd;lkj....ok, my conscious just won out again...the email that contained the quote had this pic of this dude that I just want to post and go {in my best Cartman voice}

'wha'...I...mean...just look at him'

I think I'll send it to GDA though, he'll get a kick out of it with his slap him in the mouth.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

http://www.artsofliving.com/ Hey OSO. is this what you are referring to? LOL if in fact it is i can see what you are talking about. i wanna attend the "big dipper" ceremony

"""The Big Dipper ceremonial form is a way to connect with the Big Dipper, and therefore its functions. In doing so, we may strengthen our life energy, release disease, and strengthen our jingàqiàshen to transform our bodies with the Dao, forming spirit. This is the way of immortality. By connecting with the energies of the Big Dipper and understanding the functions of those energies, we are able to better understand our own life path in terms of karma and allow for change""""

Well i definately want to get more "IN TOUCH" with MY " Big dipper" hehehehe

This is also an interesting seminar: hehehe

""""July 8th-9th Saturday and Sunday Morning "Meridian Chi-Kung" and afternoon "The Origin of Man/Woman and the Art of True Love Making", $233 (or $144 for morning or evening only) Cosmic Chi Center, Swannanoa""""(KY and Astroglide provided)
    Last edited by The Willow Sword; 06-22-2006 at 09:00 PM.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by oso
    I think I'll send it to GDA though, he'll get a kick out of it with his slap him in the mouth.
    what good is a hippy if you cant slap it in the mouth. ill tell you what good. none.

Quote Originally Posted by tcbob
    i wasnt talking about you bob ... i hope were still cool.
    where's my beer?

Ok here's the basic tactic to get more students and put this guy out. Buy a PA system and set it up out side for your "Grand Opening" event. As unbearable as it may be you need to go and blast the grateful dead and phish from your school. you will be like the pied piper leading thte hippies out of the cosmic shi center. then you need to entice the new students with a free hacky sack or frisbee for signing a contract. of course you need to hose them off before they step in the door bc you dont want your new school to smell like patchouli and a$$. then while they are all in your school lock the doors and leave. (hopefully you wont come back to them handling their big dippers). go to this guys school and release your trained bears on him. bc bears are godless killing machines (and we all know you have them). then go back to your school and start teaching the new students very old MA.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    yep, that's them.

this area is just rife with liberals and hippies and the heterodyning effect is just insane at times.

I've only met one tai chi guy that wasn't blowing smoke out his ass or think he was the next Immortal.

GDA, sorry, I deleted the email alredy....but, you can get the drift from the website.

FTR, when these guys first popped up, I posted a serious inquiry into their 'master' to see if he was perhaps some 'hidden' treasure. but no one had heard of him.

who know, maybe he does know how to commune with the big digger....

but, I doubt it...my master told me I was the only one he had taught that secret to......
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Well, to paraphrase a movie I once saw, "you can not truly know a hippie until you have slapped him." If you slapped TaiChi Bob, then I would bet he would let you know more about him pretty quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Dun know about the people discussed.

Eight brocade or Ba Duan Jin Qi Gong for health and fitness is popular since the Song Dynasty.

There are plenty of books, and video info and even seminars.

Even Shaolin monks are doing eight brocade every morning.

May be a trip to Wu Dang mountain in China?

My point is to include some basic Qi Gong in your class, too.

Greetings..

Well, to paraphrase a movie I once saw, "you can not truly know a hippie until you have slapped him." If you slapped TaiChi Bob, then I would bet he would let you know more about him pretty quickly.
    LOL.. well, i hope i don't give anyone a reason to slap me.. an unprovoked attempted slap would lead to an interesting conversation verbal and/or physical.. but.. most of us are beyond that level of testing..

I take no offense at being categorized as a "hippy", only at the prejudice it carries.. i share the same distaste for frauds and BS artists, but.. i know they cross all philosophical lines, not predominately "hippies".. unfortunately, the '60's were way too good to many back then, they are as gullible as as Chung Moo Do students or Falun Gong zombies.. WAIT!! dang it, those are Hippies, too.. You know, a good hippy is hard to find, nowdays..

Now, i may be liberal, but.. i'm a militant Liberal, the worst kind.. I buy into the fool's belief that this great nation was actually founded on a great principle, the inalienable right to "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness".. and, about that, i am militant.. this nation was once trusted as a beacon of truth and justice and prosperity.. now, we're not much different than others.. except we hold the trump card, power.. we've imported poverty and sold "truth" to the highest bidder.. and, Justice will soon be a publicly traded commodity, how much can you afford..

OOps, sorry, got a little wound up there.. This station will now return to its regularly scheduled programming.. Namaste, and.. Be well...
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Oso, the 'hook' for your new ad is good, and i think the best thing about it is, those few lines are simple and direct, but also convey a lot of meaning, and they are truisms, so the whole thing forms into a strong and concise idea, it states exactly what you offer with out a lot of bs'ing around. That stands up pretty well alongside the likes of big dipper ceremony seminars etc.
    also there is a possibility that the markets don't overlap...new-age religious escapism vs. time honored self defense CMA. There might be some crosstalk there but i think a lot of the people who set out to find an external MA school will gravitate to a more traditional curriculum than will wind up with the qi cultivators.
    **disclaimer: i enjoy chi kung and believe in its benefits. But for fighting, best to go to kung fu school. Start external and later phase into internal, just like Shaolin. Chi kung is good for some things, and martial arts & martial chi kung are good for something else. they both have their purpose. So i am asking in advance, don't flame me for 'siding' with Oso here ** sighh lawyer-fu. not that it would be the end of the world.
    Master...Teach me kung fu.

**** dirty hippies.

I need one of those "I Kill Baby Seals" T-Shirts to flaunt next time I'm over in hippieville, NC.

A few years ago me and a friend were in Nashville to drink some pints on bonnaroo music fest weekend accidently, which of course draws hippies that can't stand death metal. We were walking down Market Street towards Broadway when this UNSHAVED, UNSHOWERED hippie chick with flowers in her hair stopped us. Now, at this point we had a few good pints of various stout/porter and were having a grand time. She said something about taking a magazine and I responded, "sure, whatever". Grabbed it and walked on. She stopped me and said, "that will be $3 dollars". I prompted handed it back to her and muttered something about hippie propaganda while she said, "but we're here to save the world this week!". Immediately my beer ladened mind said, "so you here to save the world?!?!" and walked off as my pal muttered something
    about GD hippies.

Atleast I've not run into a camp of them out in the woods yet while I've been hiking. Thank GOD!

-Will
    Hippies can't stand deathmetal - Eric Cartman

I need one of those "I Kill Baby Seals" T-Shirts to flaunt next time I'm over in hippieville, NC.
    here you go .... dont click if you dont like dead baby jokes. seriously
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen
    Well not totally isolated. Just not dealing with the stresses of having a school and teaching students en mass. You need to have good work-out partners and teachers to help push you to get better.
    If you do keep a small group with no affiliation. Less hassles make it fun. To bad I found that out the hard way.