Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting footage

No, it's fine. I'll still be Gracie. If I lose to Matt Hughes, that's fine. Gracie can still beat 99.9% of people in the world in a fight, and there's always someone better, anyway.

PS. Free running rules and anyone who disagrees is a n00b!!!1!1!!oneone!
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist

PS. Free running rules and anyone who disagrees is a n00b!!!1!1!!oneone!
    quoted for true
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by dwid
    Tell me again why challenging someone to a fight, setting it up, and then reconciling/deciding not to fight after all connotes any more credibility than say, issuing one of the countless other empty challenges that have been issued here over the years.
    Maybe because in the wake of my backing out I left some evidence that I am certainly not adverse to comparing my skills in a variety of formats ... so maybe it had more to do with realising the fight was for silly reasons, and far, than fear.

But I would bet you were able to put that all together for yourself.
    Last edited by Ray Pina; 06-29-2006 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist
    Free running rules and anyone who disagrees is a n00b!!!1!1!!oneone!
    Like I said before, the thing I like most about these guys is the way they go against convention and see fun alternate paths that your typical over-weight American would never conceive.

I'm jelous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina
    Maybe because in the wake of my backing out I left some evidence that I am certainly not adverse to comparing my skills in a variety of formats ... so maybe it had more to do with realising the fight was for silly reasons, and far, than fear.

But I would bet you were able to put that all together for yourself.
    Certainly, I was able to put that together, and, as I said, I have nothing against you. However, in some respects, your challenge went the same way all internet challenges go (I suppose there's a lesson in there somewhere regarding the internet as a valid place for making challenges in the first place). All other qualifiers aside, that was the point I was making - simply that the logic initially presented was flawed.
    Last edited by dwid; 06-29-2006 at 07:23 PM.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

I suppose there's a lesson in there somewhere regarding the internet as a valid place for making challenges in the first place
    maybe even more so because of the fact ray fights irl.

if someone who really does sport fight doesnt bother ....
    where's my beer?

Wow. This is really interesting that this was posted...I actually came back to the kung fu forums to see if there was anything about Parkour. Small world.

Ive recently gotten into this. There is a small group that meets twice a week in houston. Really good stuff, and a lot to be learned. It teaches a good deal of things that can only compliment martial arts training.

The philosophy is great. This is the first time ive gotten to watch this particular video with english subs.

Do a simple search of Parkour and you'll get a ton of information. This is an exploding discipline all over the world, and really gaining momentum.

As for age, the group that im in has people from 18-35. Ive even seen a three year old do it :P

If anyone is interested or has questions, feel free to give me a PM.