Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bak Mei / SPM Stances

Quote Originally Posted by mantis108
    I am sure you are entitle to your own opinion. I am not sure who's Lung Ying or Bak Mei you have seen. I really feel sorry that you decidedly believe that they are ugly but then I can't blame you as I have seen some pretty "ulgy" LY & BM myself.

One thing to clarify. Lung Ying was not influenced by CLC. It's the other way arround. So.... Lung Ying in fact is one of the most beautiful and culturally rich Kung Fu systems there is out there. CLC's Bak Mei is also very beautifully put together IMHO.

Mantis108
    You're right, it's not so much that it's ugly, just that the teachers around who teach publicly I don't like their movements much.

Like that Bak Mei link that guy posted of the New Zealand teacher, his Bak Mei is very good, and I don't think it looks bad, but most other schools I've found I don't really like their movements.

That being said, I still don't think I like the Bak Mei Shen Fa that much.

I guess the bottom line is, after carefully analyzing it, I really don't like the whole dip gwut (bone rib) power thing.

I don't doubt that it's effective, but it seems very awkward.
    Last edited by neilhytholt; 06-29-2006 at 08:08 PM.

http://cmasnz.coolfreepages.com/sifulee.php

I liked the Pak Mei with Sifu Lee on this site, but the Lung Ying Mor Kiu video on there is neither Lung Ying or Mor Kiu. BTW, from what I have seen in person and video I personally think that KMF in NYC and his students rock.
    ________
    Toyota Opa
    Last edited by mantiskilla; 04-22-2011 at 06:01 AM.