Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Is Kung Fu Good Women Deterrent?

OT: Is Kung Fu Good Women Deterrent?

Just had lunch with a just turned 30 single woman-friend and a couple of her girlfriends ... evidently the women out there are getting desperate to find guys. She's got 3 single friends and they're going to start learning how to play golf next week so they can meet guys.

Conversation started leaning towards dating, etc, until I mentioned martial arts, upon which time "check", and that was that.

Is martial arts good women deterrent? Or are women out there just really picky. I'm not interested, but if I were looking for a woman it seems like it would be frustrating because they seem so picky these days.

I mean, 3 women complaining they can't find a guy but mention martial arts and they go running. ???

Maybe they went running because you're a d0rk.

Did you tell them that you were pretty good with a bow staff?
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

maybe she had problems with violent men in her past & when she heard 'kung fu,' she just thought she wanted nothing to do with any kind of fighting... i know that's a very narrow view of what kung fu is, but then never underestimate the general public's ignorance on any kind of martial arts subject.
    Some women, it has the opposite effect. They feel 'safe' around you and also like it that you are keeping up with exercise, so they don't have to worry about you having a stroke at age 50 and then they're trapped wiping your ass for you for the next 30 yrs.

you find the right match -up and all your worries will be water under the bridge.
    peace
    Master...Teach me kung fu.

Just mention you do Tai Chi, yoga for health and fitness.

not mentioning any fighting at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ

exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Yep, we were talking about kids, and some of them have kids, and I mentioned my kids, and then the talk went around a bit, and they asked what I was doing recently, and I said I was spending a lot of time with martial arts.

They all kindof looked at each other, and I didn't even have time to say that I was teaching my kids, and then one of them snagged the waiter and asked for the check. Very weird.

Don't know what's up with that.

Anyways if it is good women deterrent, then all the better. You can never have too few women in your life.

i think the fact that you're a misogynist is a good woman deterrent.

not that i fault you for it mind you.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
    i think the fact that you're a misogynist is a good woman deterrent.

not that i fault you for it mind you.
    I'm not a misogynist. I just don't think women in the U.S. are trained well.

Women in traditional cultures were trained to be nice to men. Women today are trained to be independent, in charge, etc.

So, personally, I don't mind too much women being independent or in charge. As long as they don't expect me to pay for them or put up with them nagging me about stuff.

It's a double-edged sword. They want to be the same as guys, then they get treated the same as guys.

The problem is women in the U.S. want to be independent and in charge, and at the same time have the benefits women used to have when men were in control (benefits such as being supported, getting big divorce payouts, etc.) That's what ticks me off.

Anyway, if I had to characterize what's happening, is that some men are wising up, and are refusing to marry women, or let women be in charge over them.

So I run now into a lot of single confused women, like the women at the table today. They want to be equals, but at the same time, they expect men to treat them like women used to be treated.

They can't find guys who are going to do that, or guys who live up to their huge standards, so they are single. They might date a little bit, but they can't find Mr. Right. Or Mr. Will Commit.

Since committing means essentially giving up a lot of your freedom and possible financial repurcussions, for what? So you can deal with a bossy lady and sleep with her when she feels like it?

So a lot of these women are single, and frustrated, and confused. I guess. Anyways, they hang around in cliques complaining about men a lot. LOL

I'm pretty sure they left the table because they thought you were a d0rk.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Fox
    I'm pretty sure they left the table because they thought you were a d0rk.
    Well, yeah, you have a good point. Because all these women are very successful, take a lot of pride in their appearance, spend a ton of money (more than they make, evidently), on nice new cars, have nice houses with lots of stuff.

I don't really want to go into debt for all that stuff. And with 2 kids, saving $ for their college, and all, It's hard to compete with that.

Basically they won't be happy with somebody who isn't as outwardly successful as they are. So they are alone.

So yes, I'm sure they thought I was a d0rk A loser d0rk who doesn't drive a brand new car and doesn't have a manicure, hair dye, Armani suit, etc.

But honestly, if that's what it takes to get a 30+ year old bossy woman who will just pile on the debt, then I guess maybe being a d0rk is good woman repellent.

Successful and monied women are a relatively new thing in society.

there's a lotta grey area out there and even women are still testing the waters with this whole new way of society.

It wasn't so long ago that ward and june cleaver were the gold standard of the social construct in the western world.

as for trained women, lol, maybe you should just move to dubai or saudi arabia or something. you aren't gonna find rosy honeysuckle dutiful wife and mother around no mo. she be gone, left with alice. back in 75.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

it sounds like those babes don't know what real ultimate power is. you should have showed them your huge ninja bo-staff.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ

Careful with that, she may think that you like men.

It has been my experience that 30 something women look at martial arts as something for kids. so when you start saying you are really in to them they equate that with you being childish or immature. if they are career driven most women also arent interested in men with hobbies that aren't related to their jobs. that is probably why they want to learn golf to meet men. the type of men they want to meet play golf bc a good many business transactions take place on golf courses. doctors golf, lawyers and judges golf. not to say that the average person doesnt also golf its just to say that you find a lot of professiosals out there. people that tend to be really into MA (unless they own a school that is making money) tend to look at the job as a way to pay for MA not as a hobby to suplement their life (and by life i mean job).