I purposely put a loaded title up so that people would take notice.

Here's what I really mean.

I used to believe that men and women could both become profficient in the martial arts. MAybe I was naive or too idealistic. Now that a few years have passed I'm starting to see that almost no women have become profficient.

I find it frustrating to train with the women in my school. They inherently have what most men don't, the most important aspect of kung fu...they're soft. They bend instead of break. They redirect instead of staying planted and getting knocked over. They're not over tense like men. Here's the issue. They don't seem to get past this soft aspect of things. You need the soft and the hard but women seem to lack the hard. They bend against force but then they don't hit back like a whip. They just bend and get pushed over.

I'm not sure if I"m explaining this in a way people can understand. I train with this one girl who literally weighs nothing. She's the size of a child...accept she's an adult. I don't feel I get any benefit from training with her. I get benefit from teaching her but not from training her.

Can women be trained the same way as men? If not then how should women be trained in kung fu?