Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate training with women.

you guys...

neilhytholt, boulderdawg: You guys are taking this waaaay too far. Maybe I'm to blame for starting it but you guys need to get over being hurt by your ex-girlfriends.

So what I'm getting from this is that women should be treated just like men. Hit them just as hard, as fast, cause them to bleed. I don't think most martial arts schools will allow this. Women are going to have to be the ones to step up and let us dudes know what the deal is. Most girls I come accross are just that, girly. They say they want to be hit just as hard as a man...but then I punched her in the stomach while chi saoing...and she got mad at me. I hit her as hard as I would a dude...and...she got hurt. I hit her pretty fuking hard. I guess I shouldn't generalize from this one experience but I do.

Another sensitive issue: Hitting women in the boobs. I have no problems with this and I'm not talking about from a perverted point of view. Every woman I chi sao with, I tell her she may take a few shots to the breasts. Most of them say they're okay with it...until it happens. Then I get called an *******. Where the heck am I supposed to hit you instead? I know. I'll punch you right in the face. How about that? When I strike I strike anywhere and everywhere accept the face and below the belt. That should be a standard rule when doing any activity. Some girls have big breasts that cover a majority of this striking area. Are women prepared to have sore breasts at the end of each night? I got a lecture once from my sifu that I could've damaged this girl's breast tissue which could've lead to cancer. It's not an exact quote but basically I got crap for hitting one of the girls.

I'm at the end of my rant. Women need to step up and stop acting so **** girly. Seriously. Men are uncomfortable as it is around women so women need to say, "Bring it on" and they need to mean it.

I don't think most of this is sexism as some are calling it. Some of the comments might sound ignant(ha!) but calling us sexist is a bit too liberal. Instead of labeling mens' comments why don't you get your gal pals together and toughen them up a bit. And then we'll have a kung fu battle of the sexes.
    A penny saved is... not much.

They can't take hard hits. They are weak is the bottom line. Hits to their tits hurts them. Hits to their face could break them.

They lack muscle mass and have smaller chests.

You've got weak spots too. Try somebody hitting you in the nuts, and it will hurt a lot. It doesn't take much to poke out an eye.

My comments have got nothing to do with some woman hurting me. I'm just pointing out the obvious, something evidently you and some others don't seem to realize.

Edit ...

You know, your comments are like ??? You're complaining they're getting hurt, and you're saying they should step up and stop acting girly.

But THEY ARE GIRLS. They are women. They are weaker than you.

Try taking big doses of estrogen for a while and watch what happens. Muscle mass goes way, way down, hair on your face and body starts thinning. Bone mass decreases. Prostate shrinks, so your chance of prostate cancer goes way, way down.

But you're weaker.
    Last edited by neilhytholt; 07-03-2006 at 04:51 PM.

When I train with the women at my training I dont play its on they most of the time like to avoid me but hey its real out there if someones gna rape u they arnt gna say now u do this and run or wateva so u train like u fight. Also I dont bring my emotions into training I wont let them cop the rap for pain ive experienced from relationships or women I know thats crap.
    Go hard or go home or some where else up to you

http://therandomandthefit.blogspot.com.au/

There is nothing personal here. I'm just stating fact.

As far as the girls toughening up: I've sparred a few ladies and I've never had one ask me spar them as I would anybody else.

I think the vast majority of women take up MA to improve physical fittness and advance in the art. I don't think many really get into martial arts to be able to beat up men.

Quote Originally Posted by viper
    When I train with the women at my training I dont play its on they most of the time like to avoid me but hey its real out there if someones gna rape u they arnt gna say now u do this and run or wateva so u train like u fight. Also I dont bring my emotions into training I wont let them cop the rap for pain ive experienced from relationships or women I know thats crap.
    It's got nothing to do with pain in relationships or anything, good grief, get your heads out of your a**es for a few minutes.

I used to treat women in the kwoon much like then men. Except, I hit my first sifu's daughter when training once, kindof hard, and gave her a concussion.

So then, I stopped doing that. I started going softer. So I didn't train for about 10 years (train striking with women, that is -- I did jujitsu and judo), and I got to this karate school that had a ton of female blackbelts. I was training with another guy, not a woman, and hit him with moderate force, and he acted kindof sniffy and said if I hit the women blackbelts like that, I'd be in trouble.

So once time during sparring, I did just that, I hit one of them with about 20% of force in the side of the face, just to see what would happen. She totally lost it on me, got extremely p*ssed off, etc.

You have to understand that women are weaker at the BONE LEVEL. It's not just their muscles, it's actually THEIR BONES. They have less bone density than men and it gets worse the older they get.

Women have bigger hips, smaller chests, less dense bones, less muscle and more fat. Pound for pound.

So you just can't train with them at the same level of intensity because you will break them.

None of my comments have anything to do with my relationships. It has to do from experience in the kwoon.

Good grief I was under the impression this was common knowledge, but I guess people are more ignorant than I thought.

I don't think many really get into martial arts to be able to beat up men.
    except for j-lo in that craptacular crapfest piece of crap crappiness she made a few years back. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

My daughter is almost 16. She has been a hard core gymnast, and into ice skateing PLUS, I ahve been beating on her her whole life (often hard). She is as sweet as they come, but also STRONGER than most of the guys her age. the only ones who surpass her are male gymnasts with same type of training she has gone through (not very common).

When she wants to kick ass, she has no problem taking down an adult, skilll, or no skill. She seems to naturally flow into painfull chin na's, and hit with great power without even thinking. She has all that structure, and full body mechanics from more than a decade of gymnastics behind her. even sparring hard, she can slip in a knockout shot.

any former gymnasts I'm sure would be just as tough. female gymnasts will hang with the boys anytime, and love to show them up.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    My daughter is almost 16. She has been a hard core gymnast, and into ice skateing PLUS, I ahve been beating on her her whole life (often hard). She is as sweet as they come, but also STRONGER than most of the guys her age. the only ones who surpass her are male gymnasts with same type of training she has gone through (not very common).

When she wants to kick ass, she has no problem taking down an adult, skilll, or no skill. She seems to naturally flow into painfull chin na's, and hit with great power without even thinking. She has all that structure, and full body mechanics from more than a decade of gymnastics behind her. even sparring hard, she can slip in a knockout shot.

any former gymnasts I'm sure would be just as tough. female gymnasts will hang with the boys anytime, and love to show them up.
    That's just because boys these days are wusses. Put a guy through the same training, see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt
    Let's face it ... women are probably inferior to men in terms of most things, but men don't have a womb or breasts to suckle children. So the human race can't do without women.
    You mean inferior athletically or what?

No, I meant inferior in terms of most things. IMHO we have given women 'equality' at the expense of men.

Instead of raising women up we've dumbed down men. I can't believe the idiots that are running things in this country now.

That doesn't mean women can't get better but IMHO it's not their priority. Their priorities run more towards socializing and raising kids.

Anyways, I'm not complaining too much because obviously it's better than people getting made slaves and all that nonsense. But still it seems like we are ill equipped as a species to solve the major problems of the world.

Anyways now I need to find these good women wing-chunners because my daughter needs good training.

I've heard that it was a woman's style and all that, but I never really took that mythology seriously.

Soo much anger gee wizz. If thats ur view then I wont say its wrong but it seems to me this threed some form of real life emotion in the convo to convey everyones ideals.

neilhytholt its hard to tell whether u speak from a purly ma point of view or a life view and with alot of the posts ive been reading from u id assume its a life view. Also if women want equlity theyll get it regardless of bones muscles whateva.

This conversation is kindof going nowhere. If women want to train hard then they train hard. There's lots of guys who whine and slack off in the kwoon as well.

I def agree with that I think there should be a rule made traditional in all schools slackers get hit by a baseball bat