Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: I hate training with women.

Slightly OT

When I plugged 'defense' in our forum search, this is what popped up. It's a random place to post this, but this China News photo essay is so random that it kind of fits.

And it's such a special photo essay. Srsly. I live for these kinds of posts here.

Shaolin monks boost rescuers self-defense skills
    (Chinanews.com) 10:25, April 27, 2016

Shaolin kung fu monks teach members of the White Swan Rafting Rescue Team working at the Yuxi Gorge in Central China's Henan province, April 25, 2016. Monks shared skills that the members can use to protect themselves from harassment. [Photo/China News Service]
    The coolest Shaolin monk rocks a White Swan Rafting Rescue Team T-shirt.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

What's going on in Shiyan Lake nowadays?

Clearly I have been practicing Tai Chi incorrectly. I should be surrounded by hotties in a beautiful setting, not by myself in the suburbs.

Tai Chi master leads lake performance
    2016-04-27 16:19Ecns.cn Editor:Yao Lan

Wu Jianhua (in black), a master of Chen-style Tai Chi, leads a show with other practitioners at Shiyan Lake in Changsha City, capital of Central China’s Hunan Province, April 27, 2016. (Photo: China News Service/Yang Huafeng)
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ttt 4 2016!

What the heck is going on today? These two posts above appeared on my newsfeed this morning, both photo essays from ecns. I've copied them from their respective thread - Info on Wudang & The Shaolin Defense

Man, I hope this is trend.

I should state that I LUV training with women. In fact, I'd prefer it if all my classmates were women, in skimpy outfits like what Shaolin has going on with the White Swan.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Travelsbyknight,

I have only read the first post, and not the rest. It's surely an interesting topic. Not every student should be trained the same, no matter what is the gender, age, and martial art experience. The instructor should have his student requirements to begin with. If a student is confirmed to be not suitable training material to begin with or somewhere during the course of training, then he / she should be let go.

Regards,

KC
    Hong Kong

Female teenagers are much easier to train than boys from my experience. Girls are at least twice as fast to pick up new techniques because they are concentrated and don't waste half as much time on their egos. Then there are some women who somehow enjoy hanging around training halls and don't seem to have real business.

Adding to the randomness...

This thread is officially hijacked.

Beauty and master: Bikini-clad sports graduates combat Shaolin monks to become rafting lifesavers in China

Gulongxia Rafting in southern China has established a team of bikini-clad lifeguards to ensure visitors' safety
    Candidates must learn martial art skills from Shaolin masters in a week-long training before being recruited
    Once hired, the sexy lifesavers will also work as personal companions to help solo tourists enjoy rafting

By TRACY YOU FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 09:52 EST, 20 June 2016 | UPDATED: 10:18 EST, 20 June 2016

A Chinese rafting attraction has established a team of bikini-clad lifeguards to ensure the safety of its visitors and accompany solo tourists to enjoy the water sport.

To become a member of the 'Goddess Lifesavers' at Gulongxia Rafting in southern China, candidates must wear bikinis and combat kung fu masters before being recruited.

Pictures emerged from the media showed a team of keen applicants practising martial arts skills with monks from China's famous Shaolin Temple on June 17 at the attraction in Guangdong Province, reported the People's Daily Online.

High kicks: A female applicant sharpened skills with a Shaolin master during a training session to become a rafting lifeguard in China

Total concentration: More than 30 lifesaver candidates attended the training at Gulongxia Rafting in southern China on June 17

All for life-saving: They must learn water wrestling and learn two kung fu styles before the company would consider hiring them

Flying fists: Most of the candidates, who will wear bikini while working, are graduates of sports colleges and have toned six-pack bodies
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips