Thread: Clerks II

Clerks II

So is anybody else looking forward to Clerks II as much as I am? Sure there's some good summer movies this year but this is probably the best of the comedies being released!

I've actually already seen an advance screening back in May and even though I'm a big Kevin Smith fan I'd say this outshines anything he's done so far (don't let the trailers fool you it's more than just jokes this time - there is a lot of heart in this movie... in fact that's what I liked best about it) - that unprecedented eight minute standing ovation it received at Cannes was totally deserved.

when is it coming out? i thought it was in thearters for like a week. i want to see it. i have liked his past stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

that unprecedented eight minute standing ovation it received at Cannes was totally deserved
    --Of course, they also think Jerry Lewis is a 'comique genius'
    Master...Teach me kung fu.

Kevin Smith

Never mind Jerry Lewis, what about Old Boy

I caught Smith giving a talk and showing a clip of Clerks 2, and I thought the bit aobut LotR was really funny. Here's the official website - it's two weeks away. I love Smith's work. My fav remains Dogma.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    Never mind Jerry Lewis, what about Old Boy

I caught Smith giving a talk and showing a clip of Clerks 2, and I thought the bit aobut LotR was really funny. Here's the official website - it's two weeks away. I love Smith's work. My fav remains Dogma.

dogma? but yeah its you gene, i can see why you love it so much.

then again my favorite of the series is jay and silent bob strike back. go figure!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

can't wait! jay and silent bob are the shizznit!
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

Berserker!

If that dude's in it, I'm gonna see it.
    I haven't seen that oldboy flick yet. gaaaaarrrrgh.
    We get such bupkiss up here.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Oldboy

Oldboy- fantastic film . Messed with my mind, but well worth it! Also well worth seeing Sympathy for Mr Vengeance too, part of the trilogy which also includes Lovesong for Lady Vengeance, which I haven't seen yet, but look forward to it.

I haven't read any of Kevin's interviews lately, but I bet the seed for this movie was planted after Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was released. I would like to see him come up with some new characters someday but I'm still looking forward to seeing him revisit Dante and Randal. And I'm sure none of the guys mind Rosario being in the movie either though I don't think any girl will ever be able to top Selma Hayek's dance in Dogma.

I hope the "Beserker" guy makes a cameo too!

--Li Kao --
    The Eye Half-Shut:
    Part of the Truth Revealed
    http://rubesroost.blogspot.com

My love for you is like a truck, berserker,
    Would you like some making f@ck, berserker.

awesome
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

I saw it last night.

Go see it.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Blog Entries
    Hilarious. If you've got kids....don't bring em.