Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: I met a princess from China

OT: I met a princess from China

So I was waiting in line to check out some books from a bookstore warehouse in east LA.

All of a sudden, a lady introduced to the store owner that this is Ai Xin Jui Luo. She is a Ge Ge.

I moved away right away and let her check out first.

The store owner said it is ok that I check out first since I am the next in line.

All of a sudden, I realized that it was Ming Guo (republican) and now "New China" and not Qing anymore.

We are all equal in social status.

If it is in the old time, we have to kneel and bow and say Ge Ge Gi Xian.

--

Anyway, it was very hot. so let an older lady ahead of me. It was no big deal for me.

But the store owner thought that it is not appropiate if I showed favorism or special treatment for her.

--

what do you think?

Last edited by SPJ; 07-03-2006 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ
    So I was waiting in line to check out some books from a bookstore warehouse in east LA.

All of a sudden, a lady introduced to the store owner that this is Ai Xin Jui Luo. She is a Ge Ge.

I moved away right away and let her check out first.

The store owner said it is ok that I check out first since I am the next in line.

All of a sudden, I realized that it is Ming Guo (republican) and now "New China".

We are all equal in social status.

If it is in the old time, we have to kneel and bow and say Ge Ge Gi Xian.

--

Anyway, it was very hot. so let an older lady ahead of me. It was no big deal for me.

But the store owner thought that it is not appropiate if I showed favorism or special treatment for her.

--

what do you think?

It was hot in the store?

In any case I don't know who the woman is. I would treat her no differently than anybody else.

I'm American, royalty doesn't mean sh*t. Being nice to old ladies is fine, though.
    MTV-Get Off The Air-Now

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    does she have a daughter, neice,spare concubine,fluffer?
    These are the important questions.

I don't think you want the Fluffer TT.

Or maybe you do, and that's ok too. There's nothing wrong with that I mean...nevermind.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers
    dun really know the family affairs of the former royalties.

I overheard that mostly are in northeastern China or Dong Bei and some are in Shan Dong.

---

There's still Chinese princesses??? I've worked with two Manchus, but I didn't think anybody remembered about Chinese royalty anymore.

I've never understood how people came up with the idea of royalty. I mean, how can one person be somehow 'special' just because they were born or their family commands a big army.

Does anybody else think thathumans must have some sort of genetic thing to follow people, like dogs (descended from wolves) do? How else would all this royalty / celebrity worship happen?

"when art and manners are lost in the aristocracy they may be found with the common people."

lol

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ

She is an older brother???

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers

fluffer! wow i havent heard that term in a long time.

but yes those are the important questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

There's still Chinese princesses??? I've worked with two Manchus, but I didn't think anybody remembered about Chinese royalty anymore.

Reply]
    Those who desended form Chinese royalty know who they are, and where they stand within the royal family. even though they have no power.

>>I've never understood how people came up with the idea of royalty. I mean, how can one person be somehow 'special' just because they were born or their family commands a big army.

Reply]
    I'm not sure either, but I do know the founder of my style became the Emperor because he basically conqured everyone around him. I guess it probably started with the first guy to kick everyone's ass, and continued from there.

>>Does anybody else think thathumans must have some sort of genetic thing to follow people, like dogs (descended from wolves) do? How else would all this royalty / celebrity worship happen?

Reply]
    Absolutely! I have freinds who are in Biker gangs, and you really see the primal "Pack" mentality there, but also if you look close at the corperate life, you see it too. Occasionally you have a guy like me who is a lone wolf (Or Roug Lion as I prefer), but for the most part Humans are pack animals.

Back to our discussion of women, i have notced if you want a relationship to last with one, you have to either find one who is also a Roug Lioness, get her totally submerged into your circle of friends (so they become comon to both), or make sure her whole pack likes and accepts you, or they will talk her into looking for another, in time.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

There were so many dynasties in China & Europe history. Royalties are everywhere in China & Europe. Emperors, kings, princes, dukes & barons etc. There were thousands of them. Who cares about those poor & powerless royalties?

Perhaps we are all royalties too!

One of my ancestors was a ******* child of Bonnie Prince Charlie... am I royalty?
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Yeah, and one of mine was the ******* son of Edward I (the Hammer of the Scots, and wasn't too nice on the Welsh or anyone else for that matter!) so does that make me a King? Or just a complete *******?

As for you SPJ, I think if you want to show that kind of respect and it seems natural for you to do so it's your right to do so. But then, it's also the right of the storekeeper to say he thinks it's stupid. Such is democracy. Dictatorships (and empires) were always much simpler!
    Last edited by Mr Punch; 07-04-2006 at 06:36 PM.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM
    One of my ancestors was a ******* child of Bonnie Prince Charlie... am I royalty?

Now am I missing something here? Unless we're talking about another "Bonnie Prince Charlie" he isn't old enough to have sired one of your ancestors!