Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: will shamrock even connect on a single punch tomorrow night?

will shamrock even connect on a single punch tomorrow night?

Ken has looked good lately, but only against people not named tito.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I off on my dates again
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

Looks like that fight is tonight. In the past season of "The Ultimate Fighter" I really gained a lot of respect for Tito and lost even more respect for Shamrock.

Remember when Shamrock fought Rich Franklin and he was throwing those high kicks but lost his balance both times. Then Franklin rocked and pumeled him.

I expect it to go a lot like that. It would be interesting if he won but I don't think he will.

I guess we'll see what happens.

I'm considering paying for the pay per view but I know that I'll be able to see the fight on the web tomorrow for free.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

I don't know names very well, but the tall huge guy is fighting the mad russian muscleman also tonight, I may have to buy it.

But like I said, I don't see ortiz/shamrock even being a fight. Last fight was like 3 or 4 years ago and I still feel bad for shamrock. He looked like he glued his face together in the morning, and then tito puched it apart that night. Sickening.

i saw that fight with shamrock were he fell a couple times. i happened to look through shamrocks book at borders one time. when he explained how to do a roundhouse kick he explained to plant your foot and rotate your planted foot to get more rotation. so the way he explained it, if you miss(maybe even if you connect) your foot is rotating on the floor instead of planted solid------slip and fall. make sense?????
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

you bstard, I thought you saw the fight

Quote Originally Posted by gwa sow
    i saw that fight with shamrock were he fell a couple times. i happened to look through shamrocks book at borders one time. when he explained how to do a roundhouse kick he explained to plant your foot and rotate your planted foot to get more rotation. so the way he explained it, if you miss(maybe even if you connect) your foot is rotating on the floor instead of planted solid------slip and fall. make sense?????

I haven't, anybody have an update!

gwasow -------I know Tito is ****y, but I like one his comments abotu shamrock. "Shamrock has never been a champ, oh wait he was the first champ"

UPDATE ANYBODY!!!!!!

sylvia won, ortiz lost

Quote Originally Posted by jethro
    sylvia won, ortiz lost
    Both Syliva and ortiz won.

Mir won too but it was a poor showing. He's going to be the next "Vitor".
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)

i dont know if any of you are shamrock fans but i have to say he got robbed on that fight. i wanted ortiz to win but not like that. they said ken couldnt intelligently defend himself. from what i have see of him he doesnt do anything intelligently. case in point getting in the octagon with ortiz after the last beating. all of that aside. he could have kept going. i think herb dean was overly cautious and i feel like i got ripped off for paying 40 bucks for the payper view.

2ndly i like arlovski a lot but he wasnt fighting his best. regardless, sylvia earned that fight. i like him too i just wanted arlovski to fight harder. sylvia deserves the belt if his top competitor isnt willing to bring his all when he fights for it. the only thing i can say is maybe sylvia really is that much better. either way i was disappointed.

anyone think we'll see ortiz shamrock 3? part of me hopes so and part of me is afraid the dumb side of my brain will be a big enough sucker to pay to watch it again. when will i learn.

Technically Ken didn't get robbed. The UFC rules state that you have to intellegently defend yourself and Ken wasn't doing that. He took 5 elbows to the face, his hands were down and he wasn't making any real effort to stop them. Herb did the right thing. Its purely Ken's fault.

Look that the Edwards fight. Yves was taking shots BUT he will actively defending himself the whole time. He'd catch one, block the next couple of ones, get hit again, etc. That not was happened to Ken, it was one shot right after another.

I think Sylvia and AA had too much respect for each other and they played it way to cautiously. AA needed to take Sylvia down and submit. I think he stuck to what he was doing so long because I had him winning two rounds in a row, but in the 5th round it was even and he either needed to really press the action or switch to going for the takedown.

Did I mention how dissapointed I was at Mir?
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)

Quote Originally Posted by gwa sow
    Shamrock fell doing those high kicks because he was leaning back to get A) get more hight and B) over correcting in counter ballancing himself. This will almost always land you on your hieny if you throw the kick with any intent... Had nothing to do with weather or not he was pivoting on his support leg. Watch that fight again: Notice that his spine was curved out behind his center of gravity, kindof hunched even? His head wasn't even over his hips for one of those kicks, though I can't remember which one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

They all suxored. I hate when fighters are so worried they get cautious. That's the problem with 'win at any cost' attitude. How about just fighting, leave the skating on the ice. I wouldn't exactly call it a big win for Sylvia, he just sucked a little less than Arlovsky.

The ref could have given Shamrock a bit more time. At that level those guys take shots like that and sometimes come back to win (not that I think Ken could beat Tito). He jumped in and stopped it like it was a couple of beginners. He probably had visions of the last fight but if Ken's up for it then give him some leeway.

Ken can try again if he wants but he's done. No shame, we all age. I think Couture might have provided some incentive for Ken but Randy's not human. Don't even try to follow his footsteps. :-)

Mir needs to lay off the donuts. Anyone think he'll get back to his former self?

All in all, very boring event. Maybe Wanderlai and Chuck can bring some excitement back to the Octagon.

*NOTE* Personal opinion. I certainly can't do better. I'm commenting from an entertainment POV.
    What happens in Gong Sao stays in Gong Sao.

"And then my Qi exploded, all over the bathroom" - name witheld

I think Mir (and Vitor) is one of the most dissapointing fighters ever.

It looked like Ken might have landed at least one punch last night. Tito started right back where he left off in round 3/4 last time, so did ken, on his back, doing nothing.

I dont think that decisions should goto challengers very often, and AA didnt do anything to win the fight.

strike!

Mir was tub of lard. What a fat @ss. They said he was 20 lbs heavier, but he looked about 40+ lbs over his weight before the accident. That whole fight looked like slow motion.

I hate Sylvia. I wish Arvolosky would have at least tried to take him down and actually do something in that fight. Andre even quit kicking Sylvia's legs after the 2nd round, and it was working very well up until then.

Oh well...I've wasted $39.95 on worse things.