Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: will shamrock even connect on a single punch tomorrow night?

Yeah Mir looked pretty Sad. They call themselves athletes and come out looking like fat a$$es. I was telling some of the guys watching with me, imagine what he would look like if he wasn't training, lol.

Yeah, the whole evening was a bit of a dissappointment. The Ortiz/Shamrock match was stopped way to early IMO, but Ortiz still would of won if you ask me. He's got to many tools for Ken and he's smart and trains mega hard..

The Silva/Arlovsky (?) fight was bit boring. I had Arlovsky winning in the first round but he was too busy trying to stay outside of Silva's range. He bobbed and weaved when he was out of range but when Arlovsky got in range to hit he got hit at the same time after the 2nd round, when Silva got his timing. I agree he should have kept up the legs kicks and maybe should have tried to take him down in the 4th or 5th round. Oh well..Monday morning quarter backs ah..

James

re SHamrock v Ortiz.... what's that they say about a boxer who can't win but doesn't realize it?

oh yeah "He's got a lot of HEART.." lol
    Master...Teach me kung fu.

I have a lot of respect for Shamrock, even if the guy loses the rest of his fights. Anybody that teaches the Marines on his own dollar is OK in my book.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Yves fight was a good one...not worth the whole $40 though.

disappointed that the big guys didn't put on more of a show but I could see the caution in their tactics.

Mir looked like I feel most of the time

however, I was inspired sunday and actually spent about 30 minutes reminding myself of what a heavy bag workout was like.

I figured Tito would win but that it would go longer cuz Shamrock looked pretty tight and had that opening flurry that backed Tito up.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I Think I Saw Shamrock Get In A Punch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

A big discussion has been that the fight should not haev been called. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judge for yourself though

http://youtube.com/watch?v=14dGib5fs...0vs%20shamrock
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

I counted 7 consecutive elbows that landed, undefended. Herb did the right thing.
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)

Greetings..

I would rather argue with Ken about the call than watch him drool mindlessly for the rest of his life, or worse..

Be well...
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

tai chi bob

I don't remember the last time a guy made it out of a round, then got to teh corner and they had to throw in the towel then. That is what happened their last fight. I am glad that I am not going to have new images of Ken's face to have nightmares about. Ken is a good guy and I agree, I would mucvh rather see him walking and talking.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

clip got pulled off of you tube. any more?????
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

Only one I can find is a vid of a tv...

real cr@p
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Quote Originally Posted by Asia
    I counted 7 consecutive elbows that landed, undefended. Herb did the right thing.
    I would have let it go another 2.7 seconds

His hands were never guarding his face and he ate two real big elbows, then he ducked (and he kept his hands were they were during this defensive move) and made two or three elbows miss or graze, then a few more landed when the fight stopped.

If he had stayed down for even a 2 seconds I would say it was stopped just in time. But he immediately sprang up in disgut.

Months training ... months sacrificing with diet, etc., etc. I believe he derseved another 2.7 seconds.