Thread: Looking for school/style ...

Looking for school/style ...

... that doesn't have a questionable background, false claims, shady characters, infighting, fanciful techniques, etc.

Anybody out there just train, fight and leave the drama to late night TV?

Last edited by Ou Ji; 07-09-2006 at 05:16 PM.
    What happens in Gong Sao stays in Gong Sao.

"And then my Qi exploded, all over the bathroom" - name witheld

No................................................ .................................................. .............................
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

ultimately, whatever you do is your style.

Quote Originally Posted by Ou Ji
    ... that doesn't have a questionable background, false claims, shady characters, infighting, fanciful techniques, etc.

Anybody out there just train, fight and leave the dram to late night TV?

1. background: just say what you have learned and practiced.

2. never claim.

3. characters. be yourself.

4. politics unavoidable, just have everything out in the open, people will know what is what and who is who.

5. usually, the simple techniques are the most effective and yet most difficult to master.

Quote Originally Posted by Ou Ji

Anybody out there just train, fight and leave the dram to late night TV?

muay thai from a muay thai coach
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop
    muay thai from a muay thai coach
    You're just trying to be controversial.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson
    You're just trying to be controversial.
    well he didn't say it had to be chinese

i've said it before, a lot of the muay thai inside-fighting, "dirty tricks" that I learned from my old thai coaches (khun kao from here as well as danny- a thai) were some of my favorite applications from kung fu. People who think it's just push kicks, round kicks, knees, elbows, and bad boxing are in for a rude awakening should they ever go over there.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.

well he didn't say it had to be chinese

i've said it before, a lot of the muay thai inside-fighting, "dirty tricks" that I learned from my old thai coaches (khun kao from here as well as danny- a thai) were some of my favorite applications from kung fu. People who think it's just push kicks, round kicks, knees, elbows, and bad boxing are in for a rude awakening should they ever go over there.
    Ok, but there are allot of shady characters involved with muay thai fighting. As well as any other professional fighting sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolindynasty
    Ok, but there are allot of shady characters involved with muay thai fighting. As well as any other professional fighting sport.

that's just the promoters