Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do other sifu's hate on other sifu's

Red face Why do other sifu's hate on other sifu's

You know I have seen a lot of hateing on here, and in real life.. There is a lot of either jealousey or something between a lot of sifu's well and masters too.. Can't we all just get along? LoL.... There is no room in life for hate. Life should be full of happiness, fun, and hard work.. We dont need to hate other people or be mean to other people.. If you have that much knowledge then you should share it.. Not act like 2 year old's with the whole "thats mine" crap.. Does anyone else have an opinion on this? Why do sifu's hate on other sifu's?

Dont be discouraged. very common place in the world of MA.

Competition, politics and ego. are the main drive behind this. Just normal human behavior.

Just look beyond it. focus on your self and you will be just fine.
    Everybody has a plan, Til they get hit.

im_dabich

do you not harbour a little ill will towards another?
    Is there not a person out there in the world who pushes your buttons and raises your ire?

In any line of practice, you will find detractors and supporters.
    Standing up for yourself isn;t always hating on someone, it can be refuting, rebutting, or simply a heated debate or argument.

there is competition and tehre are people who feel that things need to be done in a certain way while others find results with a different path and occasionally point that out and in the form of comparitive analysis which in turn will detract from what someone else is doing.

That's when the teardrops start...fella.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

When you get a bunch of fighters all together, they are goi'n to.....ahh.. FIGHT!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    When you get a bunch of fighters all together, they are goi'n to.....ahh.. FIGHT!
    either that, or they'll spend hours talking about flan. It's a toss up in most cases.

Greetings..

Mmmmmm... Flan!!

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

In theory, we are all students of the first teacher/ o sensei one way or another.

We may have different oppinions about theory and practice from our own "experiences".

usually, there are more things in common then we realize that are "different".

right or wrong? my way is da only way? may not be so?

Im da bomb or Im da man?

Actually, NO! We all can't get along. If we did, the world would be a very boring place.

I hate threads like this.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Fox
    I hate threads like this.
    I hate people who hate threads like this, and the people who start them!!!

In truth, out of conflict comes growth!

Greetings..

Indeed, growth comes from conflict.. but it can just as easily come from harmony, from common purpose and unified intention.. attachment to conflict is a conditioned perspective.. combined resources unburdened by reserves held against the prospect of conflict are much more useful toward common purpose and acheivement..

Be well..

As long as the purpose and intention of others agrees with yours, naturally...

Greetings..

As long as the purpose and intention of others agrees with yours, naturally...
    LOL.. absolutely, otherwise.. we dispose of the bodies..

Be well..

IM DA BYTCH hun

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ
    In theory, we are all students of the first teacher/ o sensei one way or another.

We may have different oppinions about theory and practice from our own "experiences".

usually, there are more things in common then we realize that are "different".

right or wrong? my way is da only way? may not be so?

Im da bomb or Im da man?

Sorry but I'm Da BYTCH is what my name means

Because all the other guys S@CK!!

www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Quote Originally Posted by TaiChiBob
    Greetings..

Indeed, growth comes from conflict.. but it can just as easily come from harmony, from common purpose and unified intention.. attachment to conflict is a conditioned perspective.. combined resources unburdened by reserves held against the prospect of conflict are much more useful toward common purpose and acheivement..

Be well..

Hi TaiChiBob,

We must not confuse conflict with battle/war. Battle/War is a subset of conflict, but conflict is not necessarily battle/war. Conflict is any form of disequilibrium, which is dissatisfaction with the status quo. Desire for something we don’t have creates disequilibrium it is this desire that creates conflict. If we are in harmony/equilibrium we feel no need for change. Change is the process of returning to equilibrium from disequilibrium.

For example, let us say I am sitting in the middle of a field. It begins to rain. I get wet and cold from the rain. If I maintain a harmonious attitude I am unconcerned with the rain and I will not be motivated to move indoors out of the rain. If I become uncomfortable due to the rain, that is, cold I am in a state of disequilibrium and I am motivated to move out of the rain. This movement out of the rain is change. It is motivated by a disharmony within me that comes about from my dissatisfaction with being cold. The conflict is the difference between what state I am in, wet and cold, with what I want, to be warm and dry. This conflict motivates me to change my condition by moving out of the rain. When we are happy (in balance) we have no inner motivation to change.

The process of equilibrium/harmony to disequilibrium and returning to equilibrium is the process of conflict. When what I have or want changes to what I don’t want I feel an inner conflict and this motivates me to change and/or grow in order to return to what I want. All change occurs due to this process. Change does not occur without some form of disequilibrium/conflict to motivate it.

Balance/harmony is not a static point. It is a subtle alternation between Yin and Yang conditions. Consider standing on one foot. If we focus our awareness on the standing foot we will notice that we are not actually standing still, there is a very slight and subtle alternation of the ankle from side to side that maintains an overall “appearance” of balance.

From harmony/balance comes disharmony/conflict, from conflict comes harmony; from Yin comes Yang, from Yang comes Yin. When observing the process of Tao in human activities we will observe that change is born from conflict. When humans are in a state of harmony there is no necessity for change and change does not occur.