Thread: Ot: Not The Same Bat Station?

Ot: Not The Same Bat Station?

OK, Is this human mind chess? I see that the song thread has moved, why that and not the other OT's?

Moderator PWND you!

It's called inconsistency in moderation based on personal bias of moderators as well as time to prune threads.

conversely, we have people like you who will always complain about a thread being moved even though it's not a big deal and usually there is a moved link tied to it.

You can't please everyone and some people it's ok to not try and please at all, other people, well you just want to attack them, and they won't be pleased about that.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I didn't move this one, but here's my take - look at all of the threads on the first page. Yours is the most blatantly OT, even out of the other two or so that say they are OT. When you are short on time, those blatant ones that stand out get dealt with first.

Next on the OT list was about somebody's death - that is acceptable.

There is an OT heironim posted.... As DJ said, there are some that you just want to attack. I will probably lock that one just because heironim posted it.

Birthday threads are also acceptable.

The threads about women probs are just interesting - in addition, we don't have an emotional support foum here. This forum is the most general of all of them, so it should stay here.

We do have a martial arts media forum. music is media....
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

"emotional support forum" ROFLMAO

'emotional support forum' indeed! That's hilarious 7star. That's why I love your work here. What our forum members need is a big hug. And they think I'm a taiji hippie...

Seriously, moderating is a difficult task (as DJ, or the moderater-formerly-known-as-KL will tell you). Many threads escape catagorization. Here's an example - should the Taekwondo vs WingChun thread go in Wing Chun or ORA?

Also all our moderators are volunteer. But therein lies the beauty of the internet. It's plastic. It's malleable. If you fixated in everything being in it's proper box, perhaps a CMA forum isn't the best place for you (although we really want to keep our female members RnTG, despite what our lonely hearts club male members might say on their emotional support threads )

As for mind chess, yes, that's exactly what the forum is. We are all trying to master chess boxing. And we aren't limited to humans. Any style can play.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

But why do *My* Women threads get locked, and everyone else's gets to stay??
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    But why do *My* Women threads get locked, and everyone else's gets to stay??

Because yours are ubiquitous.

Honestly, one thread is enough on your foibles with the fair sex. But you seem to put up threads about your love life on a far to regular basis.

So, some of them have to go.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson
    It's called inconsistency in moderation based on personal bias of moderators as well as time to prune threads.

conversely, we have people like you who will always complain about a thread being moved even though it's not a big deal and usually there is a moved link tied to it.

You can't please everyone and some people it's ok to not try and please at all, other people, well you just want to attack them, and they won't be pleased about that.
    DAVID JAMIESON,

NOTE MY SMILEY... I WAS JUST KIDDING, YOU NEED TO RELAX. SIR, PEOPLE LIKE ME? U NEED TO TAKE IT DOWN A FEW, IT'S A FORUM NOT YOUR NEXT NOVEL!

Quote Originally Posted by RUFNTUFGIRL
    DAVID JAMIESON,

NOTE MY SMILEY... I WAS JUST KIDDING, YOU NEED TO RELAX. SIR, PEOPLE LIKE ME? U NEED TO TAKE IT DOWN A FEW, IT'S A FORUM NOT YOUR NEXT NOVEL!
    Wow!! She IS rough and tough!!!