Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Has WWIII Begun?

These threads help toe get teh apocaplypse ball rolling.

people who haven't been around for months will come out of the woodwork for a good war thread.

apocalypse...no such thing. Certainly not an autonomous thing. People have to make a decision to let those missiles fly. I wouldn't put any politician on the level of prophet.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Well...I've been busy.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Did you get a note excusing you from the rest of the forum for the last few months?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

No no no. I just had eye surgery. They pop your eyes out like this didja know that? I sure didn't.
    -Thos. Zinn

-McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamison
    Not certain of the exact figure, but I have heard 14 - 17% of US oil is imported from Canada...
    Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster
    It is higher than 10 percent. I know that for certain.

excuse me while I bang my head on the desk for a moment...

ok

the numbers I posted were for March 2006

they vary a little month to month but only a few tenths of a percent.

the first number is barrels in thousands, the second is percent of imports, the third is percent of domestic product supplied.

canada supplies 10% of america's oil.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamison
    anyway, what does canadas supply base have to do with either supporting or not supporting Isareals actions?

dude...

you brought it up.

do you remember if you had a point?

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster
    HAMAS got elected.
    and the US immediately cut diplomatic ties...

making our "support" of "democracy" even more of a joke.
    Last edited by Crushing Fist; 07-17-2006 at 10:01 AM.
    Words!

Just words!

Angry protectors of freedom

The statement is "support for the democracies that agree with us". And if a regime agrees with us, lets support them too !. Like it happened many many times, and people seems to keep forgeting when demagogic speaches come along speaking about freedom for some country, justifiying a war that is so obvious its not about freedom.
    They keep forgeting the many regimes America supported and also established in the 60's 70's and 80's just because they needed friends against the soviets.

But well, that's what you get when you can only have two options to vote for. America should check the type of freedom they really have, before trying to impose a democracy somewhere else.

The Gingrich that stole Christmas...

http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.co...d_war_iii.html

Gingrich says it's World War III

Posted by David Postman at 12:54 PM

Former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich says America is in World War III and President Bush should say so. In an interview in Bellevue this morning Gingrich said Bush should call a joint session of Congress the first week of September and talk about global military conflicts in much starker terms than have been heard from the president.

(snip)

Gingrich said in the coming days he plans to speak out publicly, and to the Administration, about the need to recognize that America is in World War III.

He lists wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, this week's bomb attacks in India, North Korean nuclear threats, terrorist arrests and investigations in Florida, Canada and Britain, and violence in Israel and Lebanon as evidence of World War III. He said Bush needs to deliver a speech to Congress and "connect all the dots" for Americans.
    Words!

Just words!

You KNOW,

Every Piece of this is Man's Bullsh!t. They say this War is a Cloud over the land.
    Well they Made the Weather and they stand out in the Rain and say "Sh!t, It's Raining".

TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Well, the Americans have been involved in so many shady deals over the past century or more and now it is all locking into place and everything is hitting a boiling point. No doubt that the American ideal as a representation of teir empire is in utter decline. There was a chance to stand up and show the world a good honest organizational level of human society, but they have failed and the stark reality has been hitting home for years now.
    A close ally of America is Saudi Arabia...not exactly the most democratic of liberal of countries!

In an aside, Israel killed seven of my countrymen including four children. Go Israel!
    A unique snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by emisosa
    The statement is "support for the democracies that agree with us". And if a regime agrees with us, lets support them too !
    Well, yeah. Of course we'd only support those regimes/democracies/etc that agree with us. So? So does everybody else. Are we supposed to apologize for our self-interest? I don't think so. As a matter of fact, I think we should be even more self-interested than we are. Throw out the rhetoric, go balls to the wall Imperial, and scr3w what anybody else says about it [because, really, what *can* they say?]
    -Thos. Zinn

-McGuffey's Reader

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Quote Originally Posted by ZIM
    Well, yeah. Of course we'd only support those regimes/democracies/etc that agree with us. So? So does everybody else. Are we supposed to apologize for our self-interest? I don't think so. As a matter of fact, I think we should be even more self-interested than we are. Throw out the rhetoric, go balls to the wall Imperial, and scr3w what anybody else says about it [because, really, what *can* they say?]

That is exactly what America is and has been doing for years! Good observation!
    A unique snowflake

Angry

hell yeah!! you should apologyse for supporting for example a regime in argentina in 1983 that murdred 30,000 argentinians and kidnapped thousands of babies that (now grown ups) are still being returned to their real families through the most extensive DNA investigation ever.!

Yes, you have to apologyes to support people like Al-quaed that now became the most dangerous terrorist group.

Do you still think you shouldn't apologyse!!!!!!!!! sheesh!!!!!!!!

Pish. No we haven't. We still act as if you all matter in soem way, for one thing, and we still host that farce of a UN for second...

Argentinans. LMAO ROTFLOL

That was pretty good, I have to admit.
    Last edited by ZIM; 07-17-2006 at 11:57 AM.
    -Thos. Zinn

-McGuffey's Reader

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Unhappy Self-interest

If what america does is only self-interest, then say it, and stop screaming that America only wants freedom for everybody and to bring democracy to remote places.... Because i don;'t get it otherwise.

What would you say if Al-Quaeda sais "What we do is just self-interest, scr3w what anybody else says about it".
    How far can they go on "self-interest"? Can they go as far as America?
    Or is it that killing children with bombs wraped to your chest is worst than killing them with laser guided bombs? (quoting something on this forum)

I hope that you get your feets down to earth a little.

Angry Where's the fun?

Argentinans. LMAO ROTFLOL
    That was pretty good, I have to admit.
    What's the fun in that? i don't understand...

Visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_War

This guys tortured and kill thousands of civilians. learn some history, then make an opinion in politics.