Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MTV2's FINAL FU

It's a pretty sucky show. It makes MA look really lame and nerdy. I doubt it will make anyone want to learn it with those fights. The contact level is extremely limited (I used to think the Taji Legacy refs were restrictive on contact).

Even with all that....I haven't missed an episode. I feel like I have to support it even though it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo
    I am sure i will watch it again.....its like slowing down for a car crash. Kinda the same way i get stuck watching benny hinn perform his christian healing majic. Its so horrid but i cant make myself look away......

I agree with the Benny Hinn comment; but it's not like watching a car crash.

It's like watching 2 retards driving bumper cars made out of nitro glycerin with babies strapped to the front.... I just could not stop watching.

I've only watched maybe 1 or 2 full episodes. From what I've seen so far the girls had the best fight, with the young latina scoring a knockdown off a nice body shot.

I'd love to get an audition by kicking like a TKD/XMA dweeb and then show up to the taping, bust out a full ram muay, and break some of them metro-lookin dudes.
    "WARNING! No head contact! uhhh i think we're gonna have to wake him up.... Can anyone call a doctor?!?"

Poor Ernie Reyes man... He's fought under Saekson & can really go... I guess it's karma tho... i mean he did help bring about the era of the sport karaddy...
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

I don't have MTV

I feel like I have to support it even though it sucks.
    I hear ya, Shaolindynasty. MTV is a novel platform to showcase martial arts. It's an interesting sign of our times. But I haven't seen anything yet beyond the youtube stuff. That looks entertaining, but it's only a few minutes long. A whole episode might not be so. I'll withhold judgement until I see it. It reminds me of this old episode of Fantasy Island where these two martial artists had to duel through a breaking obstacle course. They were actors so it was totally fake. I saw it with my cousin, the one who actually got me started in kung fu, and we laughed our heads off. We found it very entertaining, even though it wasn't 'good.'
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

final do

i remember when this came out, i got a call from one of the producers, who i met a while back, they told me they got alot of mmixed ma and other style but no kung fu! when i sent them some guys i knew who were good at kung fu, they didn't want them cause it didn't look like tkd! suck right!!!! that shows you they don't even know what they want

But I haven't seen anything yet beyond the youtube stuff. That looks entertaining
    Yeah it's entertaining. It's entertaining in an extremely cheesy way. I find myself yelling "oh c'mon!" at the tv allot with a disgusted look on my face.

From an entertainment standpoint there is only one real problem. I don't know what the hell is going on and how do you win? I'm not talkin about the matches but the whole show.

For instance if you lose the challenge then you fight. Makes sense right? Yet if you lose your challenge but win your fight you'll end up with more points than the guy who came in first. So in order to win you need to lose the most?

It's hard for me to understand. I know people without MA tournament experience are gonna be like, WTF?

I feel like I have to support it but it'll probally be a long time before MTV does anything with MA again.

BTW, I expect the TKD style to be prefered in the contest. That's Reyes main style

What is Final Fu?

I just saw the last 10 min of this show on MTV2. It was like a reality show with stunts and eliminations and they had to spar at the end, but no head contact. It's hosted by Ernie Reyes Jr., but I didn't recognize him until they gave his name at the end.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Go to the Martial Media forums... there's a topic in there about it.
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.

Lucky Numbers 11, 8, 39, 46, 5, 17

The name, Final Fu, SuxAzz.
    The stunts and challenges highlight what's wrong with most.
    And the fighting at the end makes me cringe.

It's everything that I hate about the martial arts rolled into one horrible show.
    The only good thing that I can say about it is it's only 30 minutes long and not an hour. If they really wanted to show how bad what is currently taught in many martial arts schools, they'd have them doing musical kata dressed like Teletubbies.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue
    The name, Final Fu, SuxAzz.
    The stunts and challenges highlight what's wrong with most.
    And the fighting at the end makes me cringe.

It's everything that I hate about the martial arts rolled into one horrible show.
    The only good thing that I can say about it is it's only 30 minutes long and not an hour. If they really wanted to show how bad what is currently taught in many martial arts schools, they'd have them doing musical kata dressed like Teletubbies.

Lol, I love watching bad MA's, I will have to check it out.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Hmm, appears to be a US remake of a British show called "fightschool" from about 4 years ago.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Man, they might as well call this show "slap fu", because that's what a lot of the fighters were doing when they "fought" each other.

This show isn't bad. I can understand the point based system, its in place to give the girls in the show a chance against the guys when they fight each other.

The obstacle courses determine who's going to fight, and it also gives you points. The entire competition is point-based. If you win the courses, and the fights, you'll win the competition overall.

One thing this show proves is that hot girls still prefer TKD over any other MA.

You know what the sad part is? I find myself watching the blasted thing. I do the samething with some info-mertials.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

If there were any kung fu they would be punching the targets that were head high and kicking the targets that were waste level. just a-nother example of a great TKD guy with money trying to make his korean art the best. Kung fu rules. this show has potential and I see where the head judges descision is final but it is so gay they should call it make an ass of your self fu. and generally discrase all martialarts fu to get on TV.

when the hell is this on???
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

They really made a mistake by not including nerf weapons and mexican wrestler masks.

heavy on the ghey that show is. lol

america's martial arts are sooooo commercial. The value of them is sucked right out and tossed in the trash in favour of the flash and stupid ass posing.

too bad, But then, I guess it keeps the herd away from teh good stuff if they are always wtareing themselves at that trough.

hahaha. suckers.
    Kung Fu is good for you.