Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2006中國功夫vs泰國職業泰拳爭霸賽

Well ****... and to think I thought something revolutionary (or possibly very stupid) was about to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch
    何ってクソッ垂れ馬鹿野郎!超失礼じゃない?少なくても結局何か「功夫」に関係あるのが現れたのにお前は文 句ばっかりって言ったろう。特に問題は何っなんだろう、テメー?!通訳してんじゃ!差別じゃん じゃあ!

Thanks for the post Dexin Wong, and welcome to the board. Let us know what happens. And thanks for the translation K.Brazier.
    I love how Japanese always looks like the character encoding was broken or something. Half of it is characters and half is "random" squiggles. Schizophrenic freaks.

Seconf favorite font I can't read is probably Russian. It looks like it SHOULD be the regular English alphabet but with backwards letters and stuff. I figure Russian looks like the way English must have looked to Chinese folks in the 19th century.

Quote Originally Posted by DexinWong
    i use google searched something about this.

边茂富       朗斯科维    徐延飞

PS;边茂富is 2005年武术散打世界锦标赛冠军

泰國選手“添雄”

more information you can see this:
    http://dadao.net/php/prtime/temp_new...rticleID=30698
    Just put up your **** Chinglish and get on with it already. Nobody cares if your English is poor. Insisting on writing stuff like "PS;边茂富is 2005年武术散打世界锦标赛冠军" is bad manners. At least TRY to explain what it means.

何ってクソッ垂れ馬鹿野郎!超失礼じゃない?少なくても結局何か「功夫」に関係あるのが現れたのにお前は文 句ばっかりって言ったろう。特に問題は何っなんだろう、テメー?!通訳してんじゃ!差別じゃん じゃあ!

Thanks for the post Dexin Wong, and welcome to the board. Let us know what happens. And thanks for the translation K.Brazier.
    Sorry, Omar, completely forgot to translate my post...

"What a ****-dripping idiot punk. D@mn rude aren't you? At least at last something related to kungfu has appeared, and even then you can only complain! So what exactly the **** is your problem: it was even translated! Isn't that racist? "

Part j/k

Quote Originally Posted by Omar
    I love how Japanese always looks like the character encoding was broken or something. Half of it is characters and half is "random" squiggles. Schizophrenic freaks.
    Yeah, odd innit? The hiragana (like たとえば) at least looks flowing... that's used for grammatical endings and some native words which don't have kanji. The katakana (like the same example: タトエバ) just looks like Matrix kind of nonsense, and is used for foreign words or often Japanese words they would prefer not to associate with themselves (now that's schizophrenic! ) like swearwords or something exotic.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

I always put notes on Kanji or I will read it in mandarin.

such as nan, shizule, ima, o ma e wa etc.

Sorry, Omar, completely forgot to translate my post...

"What a ****-dripping idiot punk. D@mn rude aren't you? At least at last something related to kungfu has appeared, and even then you can only complain! So what exactly the **** is your problem: it was even translated! Isn't that racist? "

Don't even try to associate these Sanda vs. Muay Thai "friendship" matches with "my" kungfu! Especially one with a fighter that looks like he might be Bukau standing in the middle:

http://www.dadao.net/php/prtime/uplo...4/0714B7-2.jpg

If that's him them there's a Sanda guy who doesn't know it yet but is in over his head.

Anyways, the "problem" remains. It wasn't translated by the guy who posted it. It was just some other dude having fun/showing off. Posting some Chinese thing and asking for translation is one thing but just posting in a foreign language as if it didn't matter is annoying as hell. Unless the topic IS the foreign language, it's bad "nettiquette".

Is that going to be the new standard? If it is, that's cool. We can go multilingual. At least that way we can more easily get around the language sensors. We can have threads in Portuguese, Chinese, Russian (are there enough posters who speak it?). What the heck! This board is international right?

Not repeating this for you actually, more for "Dexin Wong". Maybe he's gunshy because of the way the people on Chinese boards will net-rape you for perceived English errors so he figures here on an actual English board we'll just laugh him into oblivion which is not true....ok, so maybe YOU and I will but most people don't really care how poor your English is as long as we can understand it.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    My Great grandfather's name spelled in Russian reads BOPBUK is pronounced Vorvick-which they changed to Warwick for him at Ellis Island. I wonder if Dionne Warwick spells it BOPBUK
    ya think she's jewish?

Quote Originally Posted by omarthefish
    Just put up your **** Chinglish and get on with it already. Nobody cares if your English is poor. Insisting on writing stuff like "PS;边茂富is 2005年武术散打世界锦标赛冠军" is bad manners. At least TRY to explain what it means.
    So, as ek skryf in 'n taal wat min mense hier sal verstaan, is ek eintlik 'n poephol?

try translate that
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    So, as ek skryf in 'n taal wat min mense hier sal verstaan, is ek eintlik 'n poephol?

try translate that
    How dare you say that about my mum? Stoats just don't come into it - and certainly not into her!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

the cool thing is, I can actually swear on here without worrying about being banned

I said, " If I write in some language very few people on here would understand, would that make me a dumb[a$$]"
    course if you're from either Belgium or Netherlands, you would probably understand

some people on this forum probably just need a holiday. Either that, or they need to get girlfriends
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

What is the difference between Chinglish and Engrish?

I am trolling the thread.

As pointed out, any other non English text should have an English text followed.

Quote Originally Posted by omarthefish
    你说话也不必这么苛刻,英语并不是世界上唯一的语言。你的中文不是不错么,何必那么计较。
    失礼のはお前なんだよ。

eng: You really shouldn't be so condescending. English isn't the only language in the world. I thought your Chinese is pretty good, why being so demanding?

You are really the one being rude.
    Last edited by gfx; 07-20-2006 at 09:38 PM.
    http://individual.utoronto.ca/gfx/logo1.jpg

"A witty saying proves nothing."
    - Voltaire (1694-1778)

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    some people on this forum probably just need a holiday. Either that, or they need to get girlfriends
    You got a sister?

Quote Originally Posted by gfx
    你说话也不必这么苛刻,英语并不是世界上唯一的语言。你的中文不是不错么,何必那么计较。
    失礼のはお前なんだよ。

eng: You really shouldn't be so condescending. English isn't the only language in the world. I thought your Chinese is pretty good, why being so demanding?

You are really the one being rude.
    It's the language of this board ya schmuck.

Other than making jokes like Eddie did or maybe asking translation, there should be no pure Chinese posts. And yes, my Chinese is fine. I can speak and read just fine. The fact that I am completely fluent in Chinese isn't really relevant. The only think that shows is that my "demanding" nature is not based in any kind of frustration at not being able to read the post. The fact that I could read the original post without waiting for a translation doesn't mean that it was any more intelligeble to the vast majority of other posters.

As far as Eddie's comment:

I said, " If I write in some language very few people on here would understand, would that make me a dumb[a$$]"
    Yes. It would. Free get out of jail free card on the post though because he was making a joke which is not the same as just showing up on an English language board posting in Chinese.

Regarding his other comment:
    I am sitting around at home with too much time on my hands because I am on vavcation. I talked it over first with my girlfriend, in Chinese since she won't speak English with me, and she agreed that posting like that was being a major SB so there.

as far as Chinese posting along with English.

My Chinese software sucks. Sometimes it works fine. Sometimes it will not change back to English once it is turned into Chinese typing keyboard.

My pin yin sucks. My Xin Hua Han Yu Zi Dian is not always available or I am too lazy to brief thru the dictionary.

It is an English forum.

It would be nice to post something that "everyone" may understand.