Thread: i never learn

i never learn

i am a dumba$$..

and my knee is a filthy ba$tard.

ok so i have a kungfu tournament this weekend coming up. i am only doing one form. its not even a particularly difficult form. today i was practicing it and pop there goes my knee. it actually moves side to side now and hurts like a ba$tard. the hel of it was that i stopped after it popped and went that couldn't have just happened so i did the move again and sure enough it had just happened (which i believe does, in fact, qualify me as a dumba$$). so there i go falling to my side and gimping around. o man it hurts. to further the case against my intelligence i have every intention in the world of manning up and doing the tournament this weekend. knees be d@mned.

this leads me to a bit of introspection and supposition regarding my subconcious and its fear of failure. i think i sabotage myself so that in the event that i fail i have a reason for it. i have mentioned that i always test injured in whatever martial art i am studying and here i go again. in Judo i dislocated my shoulder landing a throw wrong and then walked around for a week and a half wondering why my shoulder was so bruised and uncomfortable. then i happened to land the same throw wrong again and pop it was back where it was supposed to be. then a week later i sprain my ankle. at the time i was in both aikido and judo. and coincidentally i had tests in both on the same weekend. both require a lot of use of the shoulder and though it was where it was meant to be didnt stop it from hurting a lot. and they both require that you can shift weight from one foot to the other. and not just your own weight either. so there i am testing on a sprained ankle. i did pretty much perfectly on the Judo test and was told it was one of the best belt tests at that rank the senpai had ever seen. so in shaolin i had to do a lot of kicking and 33 minutes of holding stances (among other stuff) for my first sash test. i did the entire test with a seriously pulled groin muscle. like there is any other type of pulled groin muscle. in my last test in my new school i wasnt injured per se but i had just been cut into the day before by my dr so he could biopsy a tumor they found so i had a couple stitches in my head and a heck of a lot on my mind. and now this. my sash test was going to be (still might be) soon after the tournament. maybe next week. i dunno.

anyone else have an 'injured in a clutch moment' story? we can comiserate

Well i think that the Official title of DUMBA$$ will be bestowed upon thee if you decide to do the tournament with an injured knee.

Knees cost alot to repair and they are never the same after. best to wear a brace and take it easy. there will be plenty of tourneys.

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword
    Well i think that the Official title of DUMBA$$ will be bestowed upon thee if you decide to do the tournament with an injured knee.

Knees cost alot to repair and they are never the same after. best to wear a brace and take it easy. there will be plenty of tourneys.

Peace,TWS
    Yeah, didn't we have this same thread a while back??? Don't do a tournament with a messed up knee. Please ... wait.

i went to the dr and he said i just partially dislocated my knee cap. he said it will fix itself and that if i feel able to perform in the tournament i won't do significant damage to it. he did say that if i am foolish enough to do it i will be in a lot of pain for a few days after and that it will most likely impair my performance. so if it is ok by friday i will be ok to go if it isnt fine by then i will just go and watch and curse a lot.