Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Holy Trinity also in chinese chi kung?

Is Holy Trinity also in chinese chi kung?

Hi Yall,

I dont know if anyone has any information or where i can buy a book or read up on this information, if anyone has done a in depth study into the Father , Son , Holy spirit if it connects to the chinese Jing , Sun, Hei of internal work?

Thankyou
    Garry

lets not confuse apples with oranges here
    matt bugg

Exactly. Different animals altogether.

animals??? WTF

Smile Careful...

It could be considered an act of blasphemy by the fundamentalist just by pondering such a connection.

Qigong in modern times doesn't really have to have any spiritual connection whatsoever. This is why you have all those new age bio feedback stuff. Let's face it, Qigong isn't exactly meditation. You don't need a spiritual perspective to work on energy. Only if you are interested in where the energy come from or trying to find the source, then you come into the realm of ontology. By then you have entered a different level of practice way beyond what Qigong has to offer. So the question is what does the Holy Trinity, an aspect of Christian theology, has to do with Qigong?

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Hi Mantis

I dont see chi kung as a simple breathing exercise its about connecting to the source for me anyway thats what i think!

Oh im not christian im daoist but was looking at some intresting info i came across and thought might have some connection in ways when the christian pray etc?!

comments?

Had the Chinese Rites controversy been resolved in favor of the Jesuits rather than the Dominicans, there would probably be some authentic relations to discuss here. But since it wasn't, any such connections are almost certainly ad hoc.

FT
    Are you talking about connections to chakras possibly? I have read about the connection from Kabbalah to Chakras and energy work, so considering the earliest Church was founded by Jewish disciples of Jesus, it is not inconceivable that there could be a connection to Christianity considering Cabalism pre-dates Jesus. However, the 'Bible' as we know it is a collection of only a few of several hundred scriptures thrown together under Constantine. So who knows what is missing and how that could link together the 'Trinity' with chi gung. Ancient religions (pre-Chrisitianity) were so incestuous that it is very possible something like that could have 'leaked' into Christianity.
    ________
    Hotels In Mexico
    Last edited by mantiskilla; 04-22-2011 at 06:02 AM.

Chinese:

Heaven
    Earth
    Man

Christian:

Father
    Holy Spirit
    Son

When you translate Holy Spirit into English you lose the masculine or femanine tones. Holy Spirit is a female theme.

So, you have the union of Father (god), Holy Spirit (goddess/mother nature) and Son or Children of God/Nature/Tao/Divine whatever you want to call it.

The Chinese is not so different:

A union of Heaven (God), Earth (Mother Nature/Goddess) and Man or son of the above.

Yes! I am aware that there is more to the concept but the above is just some ideas.

Holy Spirit is often symbolized as the Water of Life. In India they call this water of life Kundalini. In China its Qi.

This is a HUGE subject. Not one that can be answered by anyone but the person who experiences the Phenom/Transformation themselves. Certainly Qi Gong has a spiritual connection or connections. It is the study of Yin/Yang and Alchemy. Zheng Qi cannot be activated unless one has collected his thougths and this does relate to a meditative practice IMO.

Comparing Meditation and Prayer of religion one needs to figure out what do they both strive to achieve? Whats the different between a mantra in Buddhism and a prayer in religion? Both strive for Peace of Mind or the Quiet State or Stillness etc..

Also! If you check out the symbology each of these use for the process you will see the Serpent. In Christianity its the Serpent on the Tree of Life inthe Garden of Eden. In Kundalini its the Serpent. Etc.. Same synbol for the same concept just from a different POV. Some focus just on the spiritual and some are physical and spiritual.

Just some thoughts!

Peace,
    Jim

Jim
    Have you read anything regarding connections?:

Holy Spirit ------- Upper Dan Tien

Father-------Middle Dan Tien

Son---------Lower Dan Tien
    ________
    M60
    Last edited by mantiskilla; 04-22-2011 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mantiskilla
    I have read about the connection from Kabbalah to Chakras and energy work, so considering the earliest Church was founded by Jewish disciples of Jesus, it is not inconceivable that there could be a connection to Christianity considering Cabalism pre-dates Jesus.
    Kabbalah begins in the 13th century and it had little to say about energy work. The association of Kabbalah and energy work is a result of the former's fusion with Yogic methods by 19th century European occultists, and the product is often called Qabalah to distinguish it from the original Jewish tradition. However, there was certainly Jewish mysticism in general which predates Christianity, and there were certainly Christian contemplative trends which included, like the contemplative trends elsewhere in the world, some remarks on what we would call energy work.

However, the 'Bible' as we know it is a collection of only a few of several hundred scriptures thrown together under Constantine.
    Close. The New Testament is a collection of twenty-seven scriptures assembled at the Council of Carthage.

So who knows what is missing and how that could link together the 'Trinity' with chi gung.
    Someone who reads books from that period other than those found in the Bible?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I'm not going to add to the discussion as far as the holy trinity is concerned, but I will mention that there are spiritual forms of noi-gung/san-gung, and it is not simply energy work. There are methods of attaining enlightenment, opening up psychic centers,uniting heaven,earth, and man, etc.
    So, is it ontology, or theology?

Hello,

Yes, I have heard about the 3 dan tien relating to H/E/M.

It is also interesting to note that Yeshua was reported to cast out the 7 demons or sometimes called; 7 lights from Mary Magdelene. Some spiritual teachers regard this as the complete un-locking of the 7 Charkra's.

Yeshua also mentions:

When the male and the female become one, then you will enter the Kingdom.

Is this the the same idea as what we are talking about?

Some cultures call Stillness the Kindgom. As Kung Fu/Qi Gong practitioners we may be able to relate the Wuji State to religious concepts.

More possiblities!

Peace,
    Jim

The sun god was also part of worship from many different religions even christianity. I have heard that the Gods Son/sun IS the Sun that brought light from darkness and reicarnation etc.

Maybe there is no real religion just energy that we must get in tune with and be TRUTHFUL?

Garry

Hello,

Today we celebrate Christs birthday as Xmas but the date of celebration is not is birthday. Its the Pagan "Sun" God day and not the "Son" of God birthday. Our Christian "Easter" is more related to "Ishtar"! If you look at old Christian foto's with the Halo above their head this is also the Pagan Sun Disc. Its worth looking into Pagan and Mithras traditions to see what the Roman's installed as our "Christian" holidays.

I think Religions are or were all the same same concept until the heads and followers start telling everyone who the right way or only way! This goes against all the conecpts we are supposed to learn. Christians, Muslems and Jewish tradition all come from the same line but all fight over who's right. Tisk Tisk.

Maybe there is no real religion just energy that we must get in tune with and be TRUTHFUL?

Shoot for the Wuji State/Stillnes/Great Void/Kingdom etc. and maybe we can understand what great teachers like Christ called; The No Name Realm. These old guys had great love for Genesis. What you mention is similar to that idea!

Just some thoughts.

Peace,
    Last edited by Jim Roselando; 07-25-2006 at 09:16 AM.
    Jim