Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Holy Trinity also in chinese chi kung?

Here is a link with regards to this topic:

http://www.sol.com.au/kor/14_02.htm
    Jim

I'd be very surprised if the jesuits didn't use the chinese rites on thier own. As for using anything correctly the odds for that are slim and none.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM.
    I'd be very surprised if the jesuits didn't use the chinese rites on thier own. As for using anything correctly the odds for that are slim and none.
    In this context, 'rite' is a cultural tradition of expressing Christian belief. In non-Protestant sects of Christianity, there is an explicit distinction between sacramental theology and a rite. Sacramental theology is the meaning or supposed "truth" that is being expressed in religious practice. The rite is the cultural expression of that meaning or truth. Hence there is the Latin rite, the Greek rite, etc., where the Latin rite includes elements of Latin culture generally (that is, elements beyond those proposed by Christianity proper), the Greek ones use elements of Greek culture, and so on.

Appropriately, the questions debated by the Jesuits and Dominicans was whether they could speak similarly of a Chinese rite (that is, an expression of Christian belief through Chinese cultural symbols), and whether the particular rites which had developed in China at that time constituted as much.

With this in mind, it's unquestionable that the Jesuits practiced Chinese rites, alongside all the other Chinese Christians. It's nonsensical to wonder whether they practiced them "correctly," since the rites originated in that very practice. It's unlikely that the Jesuits would have brought back the Chinese rite and practiced it in Europe, since the entire sense of the rite was to express a culturally Chinese Christianity, and the Jesuits were culturally Latin. All available evidence certainly suggests that Jesuits practice the Latin and not the Chinese rite.

I was "born" into being a cathlic. I went to school at our local church after I was done "regular" school every wed not to mention on sun every week from as long ago as I can rember. I became numb to the whole idea, all ideas that "they" had on the topic. I slowly perswayed my mother to get me "homeschooled" for religon class. My sisters helped here because they liked it just as much as I. Soon after I had too much homework from my real class' and so forth.

Skip ahead to not so long ago I have been introduced to first shaolin kung fu and then chi gung and finaly bagua. I found taoism through chigung origins, then yoga through the origins of bagua and along the way I read a few books on the subjects. I first want to point out the halo. Jeasus has one, all saints also have one. The budda has one in some pic's I've seen there is at least one diety in the indian religon(s) that has a halo as well. In Dr. Jang Juing Mings (spelling) book on "the route of chinese chi-gung" he mentions that when you preform the "religious" chigung you can lead enough chi to your upper dan tian that it ionises the particles in the air around your head making them "glow" faintly. Now I'm not saying that Jeasus was a chigung master, but I'm not saying he wasn't eather. Maybe I'm saying he might have just (and I don't use the term lightly) been a saint. I always felt a connection between all religions. The way I feel about it has been put quite nicely by Aesop Rock "Watching a thousand flavers of the same god fued, I figure altimate pieces is the common theam so its a no brainer piece when the blood hit the screen." he's talking about how there is similaritys between all religions but they all fight over the little unimportant details, thuse not even following the rules set forth by their own version of "religion".
    seccondly I'd like to point out that praying and medatation are the same exact thing as far as I'm concerned, I sit in almost the same position and in one version (the Taoist) I try to let my thoughts float by as they come, and think of nothing. The other I repeat over and over (in my head) the same virces I've memorized sence I was 3 years old. Is it not common knolage that repeating or having certian words repeated over and over again and again can cause a hypnosis like state? when I am trying to let my thoughts go in the taoist medatation I am literly saying to my self "dont think! dont think! dont think!" Maybe it's because I don't meditate too much, but I never did pray too much eather. Well compaired to the bagua I do, 1-2 hr per day, 10 or so min twice a week praying doesn't seam like much to me anyway. After all this I think I'll start meditating more often, after all I think of my self as a taoist if I have to choose a religion. Though I could save myself time by just thinking/saying I'm religious.

Smile correction

Quote Originally Posted by mantiskilla
    Jim
    Have you read anything regarding connections?:

Holy Spirit ------- Upper Dan Tien

Father-------Middle Dan Tien

Son---------Lower Dan Tien
    holy spirit/ earth/ mother nature should be the middle dan tien ..... the father / heaven should be upper dan tien

are you kidding me??

Quote Originally Posted by mantis108
    It could be considered an act of blasphemy by the fundamentalist just by pondering such a connection.

Qigong in modern times doesn't really have to have any spiritual connection whatsoever. This is why you have all those new age bio feedback stuff. Let's face it, Qigong isn't exactly meditation. You don't need a spiritual perspective to work on energy. Only if you are interested in where the energy come from or trying to find the source, then you come into the realm of ontology. By then you have entered a different level of practice way beyond what Qigong has to offer. So the question is what does the Holy Trinity, an aspect of Christian theology, has to do with Qigong?

Mantis108
    you realize that this is most of the problem??

very good

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Roselando
    Chinese:

Heaven
    Earth
    Man

Christian:

Father
    Holy Spirit
    Son

When you translate Holy Spirit into English you lose the masculine or femanine tones. Holy Spirit is a female theme.

So, you have the union of Father (god), Holy Spirit (goddess/mother nature) and Son or Children of God/Nature/Tao/Divine whatever you want to call it.

The Chinese is not so different:

A union of Heaven (God), Earth (Mother Nature/Goddess) and Man or son of the above.

Yes! I am aware that there is more to the concept but the above is just some ideas.

Holy Spirit is often symbolized as the Water of Life. In India they call this water of life Kundalini. In China its Qi.

This is a HUGE subject. Not one that can be answered by anyone but the person who experiences the Phenom/Transformation themselves. Certainly Qi Gong has a spiritual connection or connections. It is the study of Yin/Yang and Alchemy. Zheng Qi cannot be activated unless one has collected his thougths and this does relate to a meditative practice IMO.

Comparing Meditation and Prayer of religion one needs to figure out what do they both strive to achieve? Whats the different between a mantra in Buddhism and a prayer in religion? Both strive for Peace of Mind or the Quiet State or Stillness etc..

Also! If you check out the symbology each of these use for the process you will see the Serpent. In Christianity its the Serpent on the Tree of Life inthe Garden of Eden. In Kundalini its the Serpent. Etc.. Same synbol for the same concept just from a different POV. Some focus just on the spiritual and some are physical and spiritual.

Just some thoughts!

Peace,
    this shows if you look at the similarities and not the differences then there are more connections than most people want to admit

As you can tell,

I agree with you!

hehe
    Jim

Has anyone read the book the "Jesus Sutras"?