Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tweaked my back!

Tweaked my back!

So I've got this nagging little shoulder injury. As a result I haven't been doing my normal weight workout which includes high rep push presses.

So about a week ago my shoulder was feeling better so I went ahead and did my normal workout. Well I felt a twinge in my back. I was very sore the next day but thought nothing of it. The soreness was going away so i decided to have a camp out with my son in the back yard this weekend. BIG MISTAKE!

I wake up on Saturday morning in the tent and I can barely freakin' move. Holey Cr@p! I spend the rest of the day trying to loosen up my back. I had my class with my instructor on Sunday. My back was feeling fine during the class but yesterday morning was so bad I called out of work.

It's feeling a little better today but man. I sleep on the ground for one night and it destroys me.

I've been using one of those heat patches as well as a heating pad and some Aleave and it's been working so far.

I'm gonna lay low for the rest of the week and hopefully I can get back to a somewhat normal workout this weekend.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Well, don't do that then, ya back tweaker.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

SI Joint problems plague martial artists see a "GOOD" Chiropractor or PT to get it put back into position KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

So I'm an idiot. Today my back was feeling much better. Still some minor pain and stiffness but not bad. So I go to the park at lunch. I warm up a bit, run through my staff form and then 4 mantis forms. The plan was to step through them slowly. BUT caught up in the moment and knowing how fast mantis forms are supposed to be, I picked it up a bit. Somewhere in the 3rd form I tweaked my back again.

So now I'm sitting here at work in pain. I've got a date with the heating pad tonight and this kinda ruins all of my workout plans for the next week or so. D@MNIT!

Live and learn.

I hate learning like this!

yeah, I think you've figured it out now - just rest dude.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

hey at least you can drive a car.

mine got tweaked so severely I coudln't push the peds, sit down, or get in bed without extreme pain.

That sucks man.

Yeah, I'm just gonna chill for a while. I've been pushing too hard lately anyway.

Maybe I'll catch up on some Xbox action.

You might want to consider acupuncture. My back went out at a seminar once and my coach used acupuncture to fix it up real nice. Sev was there, he can tell you how bad my back was.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Thanks for the advice. I'll consider the acupuncture. Right now I'm doing pretty good with the heat patches. By the way, I've tried a lot of them. The following is by far the best I've used. http://salonpas.us/products/salonpas-large.html

Backs feeling better today. I may step through some tai chi tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon
    You might want to consider acupuncture. My back went out at a seminar once and my coach used acupuncture to fix it up real nice. Sev was there, he can tell you how bad my back was.
    Good ol MJ - has anyone heard from him?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I haven't talked to him in about a year. He's married, has a Shorty, and is up in New York studying TCM.

I haven't talked to him in about a year. He's married, has a Shorty, and is up in New York studying TCM.

I wore a heat patch on my back for most of the day. Took my son to see Superman Returns. Good movie. Then we went to the pool. My back is feeling so much better right now. I'm gonna do a light workout on the rowing machine and see how I feel after that.

I think swimming around in the pool really helped.

CF,

I have started to sell some of my formulae and I have one of the strongest injuries jows out there.

Check them out at: Http://www.coilingdragoninternalarts.com

be well,

Dale
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Thanks Dale, I'll check it out.

On a good note, my back is doing much better today. I was able to do a rowing workout last night and felt no related pain.

I'm still a bit sore and I do feel pain when I do certain twisting motions. You don't have to twist too much to practice kung fu do you?

Anyway, I'm on the mend. I realize that this thread really only served the purpose for me to write about this but it helps me to get through an injury when I can talk about it. Thanks to all who commented.