Thread: Brief clip of Alan Jensen

Hybrid View

Brief clip of Alan Jensen

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkUSCVZXGg4&mode=related&search=>

A brief instructional clip of one of the senior Alliance guys, and head of the Danish WT organization. Interesting motion.

Andrew

OK, since I'm getting grief about my "anti-WC" sentiments, how about we start a rational discussion using the various WC clips shown on that page?

What does everyone think are the negatives and positives in each of the clips on that page in terms of applications to real fighting?

Hi Dale,

I don't know about "rational discussion" , and I'm not sure if we all see the same clips on the side when we open the original video.

Quite frankly I'm not overly impressed by a lot of the demo clips. In a "real fight", I think the opponent might actually fight back - call me crazy. We often see a single attack, then the counter, as the opponent freezes or drops their hands while the defender goes nuts. They are supposed to be doing a demo and if the attacker actually fought back, it would be a fight, not a demo. I still think the attacker could be a lot less passive. So, to answer your question, there's not a lot of real word application being shown.

It's easy to be critical. In the clip that started this thread, we are looking at instruction where the sifu is breaking things down and explaining some of the details of WC theory. So it's not subject to the same comments as some of the "demo" clips.
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'

Yeah. He seemed to be just teaching the basic techniques to students in a seminar rather than trying to demonstrate how to beat up someone. It's fairly standard applications like tan and punch, lop and punch etc.

Why are we constantly looking for proof of ability demonstrated in video.

Why not reality?

Frankly, I'm tired of internet WC videos.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by AmanuJRY
    Why not reality?
    Justin,

The question posted by Dale was whether these demo videos reflect some people's view of reality. I think it's a valid question.

If you're tired of the videos, that's cool. I think they offer some insight of how others interpret Wing Chun theory and principles.
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'