Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Chi translates as what?

Smile Chi translates as what?

good morning gentlemen i hope all is well with your practicing of learning.

just 1 question to see what you are learning,either self taught/realisation or taught by your insurficient sifu.

what is the translation of chi?or what does it mean to you?
    the reason i ask is that i see on tv or read that its far from the truth unless any can prove me wrong,i'm sure some one can.

your nice sui.

"breath".

This is the literal translation.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries
    Chi translates as breath, however, it is more than that.

The motion of breathing out is caused by a contraction of the diagphragm which creates a pressure differential in the lungs. As you relax the diaphragm air can rush in causing an expansion.

Breathing, when done correctly, is a whole body motion. Its a contraction and expansion starting from the very center of the body.

So when you do qi gong (breath work) coordinated with motions of the body you create this expansive and contractive motion through your whole body to the very center.

This has the effect of moving more blood and lymph around through your body, which is very healthy and cleansing to your body.

What we feel as "chi" is actually more blood getting out to your extremities and you are feeling the whole hydroelastic quality of your body in unison.

People want to equate "chi" with the electricity of the body. There may be something to this. If the body is evenly hydrated electricity may be able to flow more evenly and smoothly through the body.

However, keep in mind that originally Chinese medicine had no concept of nerves. The body is electric in a sense but alot of that "electricity" is actually the chemo-electric functioning of nerves.

Life!!!! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sui
    good morning gentlemen i hope all is well with your practicing of learning.

just 1 question to see what you are learning,either self taught/realisation or taught by your insurficient sifu.

what is the translation of chi?or what does it mean to you?
    the reason i ask is that i see on tv or read that its far from the truth unless any can prove me wrong,i'm sure some one can.

your nice sui.
    BY the way, is it really necessary to be an ass about it?
    You presume that we are idots and front that you have the answers.
    Not very polite.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

an ass?

presumption is a fine thing to those who answer with one word,is it not?

have you proved me wrong?

presumption of bad breath = bad chi,colgate and a good tooth brush would be the anser as for idiots you are not.

if you accept this answer

what is "hei"?

F.t you never fail to dissapoint. "life" Mmm that sounds so good.so does every living thing have chi?

To me YES, we are all one!

How you been these days sui, hows the Internal going?

Quote Originally Posted by Sui
    an ass?

presumption is a fine thing to those who answer with one word,is it not?

have you proved me wrong?

presumption of bad breath = bad chi,colgate and a good tooth brush would be the anser as for idiots you are not.
    you said:"just 1 question to see what you are learning,either self taught/realisation or taught by your insurficient sifu."

you asked what does "chi" mean.

I told you, despite the fact that you come across like you got something on everyone else with your position above.

But that's cool, be whatever you want to be.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Besides 'Life-force' and 'Breath' ...I'd also transalate HEI as energy.

DRleungjan
    It is amazing for me to understand that "unexplainable" no longer has to mean "nonexistent". pp172
    Grave's End: A True Ghost Story by Elaine Mercado, R.N.

Mr Whiskey
    deem me as you may,if you deem me above then thats your way of interpretating by reading of words.
    to answer with one word maybe surfice for your young studs,but please tell,does that read as a "know all" above those who care to ask?who is the insufficient sifu,seriously you can deny that there arn't?
    what i want to be? what i choose to be?what "you" presume me to be?(no one else has wrote)

cust
    anglais?i am no beef herder.lol

F.t,always good to see that your on form although i've not seen you rite much worth reading(maybe insurficient topics?)you could of struck some threads and teach a little you lazy gam mo(or gon tau).some will respect,even if only a small %.

HEI as energy.whats your take on this bro?i hear trav's teaching god help'em.i bet they're all black an'blue after you knockin im about.lol

Dentist man,good for you.taken a step to a bigger world.

Somebody please put this Sui fella out of his misery
    No matter what you have been told YES, there are stupid questions.
    First smooth,then fast.
    Smooth is fast.

why?custom 156?still working this out

thou art intriguing funny bunny that you talk,ye talk in old. i travel with Nessa and not with Ulmo,
    ainsi, oui j'ai été là and many other lands.

tell me do you know the Muffin man?

Ly and Pm?post or pre communism?

and please don't call me Shirly.lol

oh please yeshe put me out of my misery,are you sure you can,or is it a waste of your preciouse time?insuficient?again is it stupid or can't you answer.lol know all but can not help but to come and opinionate his worry that his studs will find out.tell me how many have you mis-led?
    what,you read and underchieved?lol
    please write some more,i'd love to waste my time on a little brain excercise.lol

and YES you may leave now your father has spoken.lol