Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Chi translates as what?

wow. lol. just say no dude. seriously.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Thumbs up

yes thought as much,

your wee smells.lol

stick to guns.lol

hey cust some-one asked me to write this and it might mean something,i don't have a clue who this girl is.

heard you slept with "vicky pollard"?

who's vicky pollard?

Quote Originally Posted by Sui
    fish,some do grow on trees.
    Name one.

did you know or have experience picking your own bush tea leaves?
    Actually, yes. I do.

what tea do you drink?how much is that tea to buy?
    Currently I am drinking this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17497713@N00/205264945/

This is what it looks like after it's been processed:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17497713@N00/205261899/

I can't tell you what it costs as I bought it wholesale directly from the guy who grows the stuff around the foothills of Mogan Mountain in Zhejiang province. The tea is called "Mogan Huangya" and my wholsale price was around 350 yuan (about 35 dollars) a liang. One liang = a little over an ounce. I tried to google a retail price but didn't find anything.

chances are you haven't?research on the internet is insurficient.
    That's true. I did my last bit of tea research here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17497713@N00/205266233/

That picture is me walking up the trail from the dude's house into the hills where the tea is grown.

chances are you don't drink tea?how can one comment.
    *cough* *cough*
    ever heard of the 2 day virgin tea?
    You mean like this?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17497713@N00/205275787/

Since you're enjoying rambling like this, perhaps you can tell us all what is so signifigant about this photo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17497713@N00/205276173/

I mean, being such a tea expert and all. Can you tell us what that structure is called and what it it's defining characteristic? Anything?

Meh. You drink black tea. What do you know.....lol.
    Last edited by omarthefish; 08-02-2006 at 05:13 PM.

The spring pick of high mountain tea is my favourite...but alas, it is hard to find.

all tea is originally green. it is time and processing methods that turn it darker.

Black is the lowest quality for the most part. tea in a bag you may as well drink your own pee, it's garbage. sorry red rose, it's not a pity. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

If I'm not mistaken, and alas I often am, Pueh-er tea is grown on trees, old, large trees. Maybe even with monkeys in them? It is often considered the most medicinal of the chinese teas. Camellia sinensis can grow to 30 feet when mature. It is simply the cultivation of the plant that keeps it small, the constant pruning generates the freshest foliage, and thus the prized green tips, and keeps the crop easily managable.

Tea originated in the border regions between india, SE Asia and China, so everybody can claim what they want, as the borders have changed many times since the Tang Dynasty when tea first came to prominence.

There are different teas, and to simply say fermented tea is worse than green tea is narrow minded. Fine semi fermented Oolong and indian darjeeling can be more expensive than all but the freshest green tips, if you simply want to talk about price, but again, it has a different taste. "De gustibus non est disputandum." Granted, I prefer green myself, but I drink both, but not with milk or sugar, and always washed.

Tea is like wine, only the uninitiated judge tea on price, tea is to suit the time of day, the mood and the individual taste and to lift the spirit of your companions. Not to mention the fact that tea is what brings people together, it provides a framework for friendship and mutual understanding within a social structure that moves beyond class and station, yet recoginses individuality, generosity and elegance. That vastly outweighs pretentious judgements of value and social posturing.

Also I would rather share a tea bag with an honest man than the finest fresh green with a thief.

I drink mostly Teet Gun Yum, but upon Sui's earlier recommendation, I've had a wide sampling of Bo Li as well, and do find it very pleasing. Neither are exceptionally expensive, yet both bring me a lot of joy. Friends bring me a lot of teas I don't remember the name of, mostly the little balls, the little tips rolled into needles 1 cm long, and things like Pueh er, and occasionally fermented and semi fermented samples from india as well. I'm very lucky my friends have a standard option for a simple gift to bring me.

I would like to try more powdered teas, and I would love to have a japanese tea ceremony one day.

yes the plants are called tea trees and they are bush size for the most part because of the constant pruning and picking and so on.

in fact, any leaf or plant part, soaked in boiling water to extract the what nots can be called a "tea".

such as parasite teas for instance. which are not from tea plants but from a lot of different plants.

bo lay is so so. typical restaurant tea if they don't have the jasmine.

also, the genus "tea tree" which is all over oz and south east asia is not actually for "tea" it's just a name.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Thumbs up

oh my,my still suffering with irritating bladder.lol rescude by a tea expert?sukk my donglies.lol

tut tut fishy fishy how can you play the bullll ss****e game.after this you will be eating your own exsistance.do you want to win so badly?

remember "TRUTH"?where is it now?

Camellia sinensis is an evergreen shrub, which, if left to grow wild, can reach heights of more than thirty feet. On farms, tea bushes are generally kept trimmed to a comfortable picking height of two to four feet. from this link you can read more too.lol

http://www.inpursuitoftea.com/Tea_Ty...efits_s/18.htm

35 dollars?
    "The Iron Goddess of Compassion, Tieguanyin

Oolong ("black dragon") teas have long been considered the most complex, and the most prized tea in China and Taiwan. And among all oolongs, Tieguanyin is by far the most famous. A recent gold medal winner at a Tieguanyin oolong competition in Fujian sold for RMB 120,000/100 grams -- that's an astonishing $43,000.00 per pound! (Unfortunately, we were outbid by about $42,900….) " from this link

http://www.inpursuitoftea.com/Produc...0&Redirected=Y

i warned you there are many teas.lol deluded?
    still want to play??? i told it wouldn't go your 2s way

well done yum cha-there is still life in the old dog yet
    p.s bo li is not what i drink.the one i do drink i'll save another day.lol

lol

smells of wee

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson
    My guess is that fortune cookie dude here doesn't have the slightest idea of how tea is picked or processed. I mean, by reading what he's saying he has demonstrated a fundamental lack of basic knowledge that is available on the internet. lol.

sui, i have to admit, you're irritating and a babbler. Thanks for coming out. maybe take it easy on smoking the hash too much, it dulls the mind you know.
    if you say.lol

smells of wee

"mind" you have no idea.
    irritating bladder.lol

what do i have to prove?

told you the trap was laid truth and all that

"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.
    ~Leonardo da Vinci~

Men are not born brave, but become so through training and force of discipline.
    ~vegitius~"

might want to change that smells of wee?your name too.

Spot on Kung Lek,

Tea tree is really a eucalyptus I believe, and the oil is used for everything, including a great natural disenfectant, much like the namesake.

Yes, Bo Li is what you order at a chinese restaurant if you don't want to drink the jasmine (hmong pin?). You can usually count on it as an option, and the quality varies significantly.

Sui,
    The Teet Gun Yum I drink isn't quite that expensive (I hope), but I must redouble my thanks to the individual that brings it back from China for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Sui
    "mind" you have no idea.
    irritating bladder.lol

what do i have to prove?

told you the trap was laid truth and all that

"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.
    ~Leonardo da Vinci~

Men are not born brave, but become so through training and force of discipline.
    ~vegitius~"

might want to change that smells of wee?your name too.
    maybe it's your communication skills...or rather lack of them in a place where the only way we have is to write. And so, being as their is no tonality, etc etc in what we say, what you are typing is difficult to read and even harder to understand.

you type like a mildly retarded or schizophrenic person would talk.

But that's cool. lol. entertaining anyway.

Kung Fu is good for you.

i may send you some tea of 5 different ingredients(3 barks 1 root and 1 leaf) it will help to balance your ying and yang(for your back)as you may not be so active.but then again i may not.

"Quote:
    Originally Posted by David Jamieson
    My guess is that fortune cookie dude here doesn't have the slightest idea of how tea is picked or processed. I mean, by reading what he's saying he has demonstrated a fundamental lack of basic knowledge that is available on the internet. lol.

sui, i have to admit, you're irritating and a babbler. Thanks for coming out. maybe take it easy on smoking the hash too much, it dulls the mind you know."

you may not drink it then it would be a wasted gift.

smells of wee

"you type like a mildly retarded or schizophrenic person would talk."

don't insult these ppl,you are no better

if you can't read then thats cool,don't change the subject then realise the subjuct that you chose to ridicule me backfires.
    this thread is larger than you and i.you brought it on yourself and yes i hear your heart beat frantically.

still want to play? not so wise now?knowledge is weak,poor man no-one can listen to.