Thread: Stance

Stance

In my lineage (LT) the stance is the horse one with the knees and sole inwords

i downloaded a book for the dummy techniques where Yip man has just the horse stance. I was wondering why my lineage has that difference and which of the two is better (yip man stance is a bit more suitable for body structure)
    Who dares Wins

Quote Originally Posted by sir-elrik
    In my lineage (LT) the stance is the horse one with the knees and sole inwords

i downloaded a book for the dummy techniques where Yip man has just the horse stance. I was wondering why my lineage has that difference and which of the two is better (yip man stance is a bit more suitable for body structure)
    IMO, and from my experience with LTWT, the footwork is too rigid and doesn't allow natural movement. The stance does develop good adduction and balance, but it's not for fighting. Try doing the dummy with the LT footwork and then with a more natural movement and see. Also, I can't get the same power from LT style footwork as I can from a more natural stance (like that in the WSL line).

In addition, in the LT line, you're supposed to learn 'advanced' footwork concepts at 3-4 tech., which is a little late in the game IMO.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

Interesting ?

which of the two is better (yip man stance is a bit more suitable for body structure)
    I think you may have answered your own question my friend !

Go with what works for you.
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

Do u reckon that yip man had that stance due his age or he was always standing in that way
    Who dares Wins

Do u reckon that yip man had that stance due his age or he was always standing in that way
    He was probably standing in the best stance that was supported by his structure. If you see the video at the time he is doing to forms, you will see he is quite frail.

It makes sence to use the stance that provides the best support (body aligned and linked) with the least amount of effort if you arn't in athlete mode...so to speak.

Just my opinion though
    S.Teebas