Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Royce speaks out on the UG

Jaguar Wong Guest
    Hey Ralek, what video was that again?

Jaguar Wong

origenx Guest
    Actually, I thought Kimo was doing pretty well in that fight until Royce pulled his ponytail out! But who knows what would have happened had Kimo had short hair and Royce not have taken that "cheap shot..."

Dragon Warrior Guest
    kimo was doing good, but he should have been smart enough to shave his head before fighting royce.

what i thought was amazing was how royce seemed to overpower kimo while they were standing. Royce had him pinned against the cage the whole fight. He definitly proved technique is more important than strength.

For years, religion did nothing but divide. (killa priest)

Religion is like a prison for the seekers of wisdom. (killa priest)

Xebsball Guest
    Xebsball says Sakuraba is superior.

-------------------------
    "You will never need to feel weak, helpless, indecisive, not fascinating or ashamed of your genital dimensions. GOOD-BYE Humiliation. Bullies, Karate Experts, Boxing Champions, traffic wardens will melt to pulp as you master every situation."
    Master Deltoo
    http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Stadium/2477/

Knifefighter Guest
    Many of the best, bloodiest, and funniest beat down challenge matches are on video tapes at the academy. Some of these are pretty hilarious. Many are fights between students and challengers that came into the academy.

Dragon Warrior Guest
    is there a link to any of these fights. ARe they on the internet?

For years, religion did nothing but divide. (killa priest)

Religion is like a prison for the seekers of wisdom. (killa priest)

Grappling-Insanity Guest
    For all the guys making fun of Royce's typing. Remember english is his SECOUND language.

Ralek Guest
    Yeah. There are a lot of challenge matches at the gracie academy that aren't even for sale. Most of the videos are sitting in Rorion's office.

My favorite challenge match is Royce vs. a guy who claimed to be undefeated and had 15 years of experience in some kung fu style. Royce whopped him. Rorion reffered to him as "the kung fu representative wearing yellow trunks"

Rorion has loads of videos of challenge matches. I wish he would hurry up and make In Action Part 3 so i could see all of them.

Brazilian jiujitsu is superior.

Kung Lek Guest
    Personally, I think the only Gracie who has even an ounce of class and respect for martial arts is the old man Helion.

the rest of them are just into it for money and for the most part act like thugs and car salesmen.

Like school on sunday, No class.
    Ok, let's fight by my rules! :D yeesh.

Gee, I think Helion learnd Japanese Ju Jutsu too on top of it all.

anyway, not that grappling is bad, it's not, it is totally useful, but in a "reality" situation, like on the street, I'll take Kung Fu every time.
    Stand up, keep up, and watch out for the thugs buddies.

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links

Watchman Guest
    Rolls,

That "kung fu guy in the yellow trunks" was Jason DeLucia. You're slipping man!

qeySuS Guest
    Kung Lek: I dont agree totally, i agree that Helio is one bad ass guy :) He's still soooo alive and kicking at his old age, i can only hope for this :) And yeah many Gracies are in it for the money, but since this is a thread about Royce i wouldnt say that he's in it for the money. I think Rorion was the one who got all the profits from the whole Gracie hype in the first UFC, all the T-Shirts, the academy and all that.

Only overpriced stuff i've seen Royce do is www.roycegracie.tv net club, i think it's like 500$ for a year membership, you get some seminars on tape, move of the month and chats with Royce. But hey he didnt get any of the money of his original hype, why not let him profit from this :)

Free thinkers are dangerous!

Ralek Guest
    Yes. Rorion is the only one who has turned BJJ into an advertising campain.

Most people have never even heard of Carley Gracie, Relson Gracie, Rickson Gracie, Ralph Gracie, Machados, Renzo, Royler, ect. Because they just teach and fight.

Brazilian jiujitsu is superior.

Grappling-Insanity Guest
    Yah Kung thats why you Crosstrain !!

JWTAYLOR Guest
    Rolls, what video was that again?
    JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

gazza99 Guest
    "Personally, I think the only Gracie who has even an ounce of class and respect for martial arts is the old man Helion.
    the rest of them are just into it for money and for the most part act like thugs and car salesmen."

I agree with this, although the Gracies deserve the money,the main problem is that much of the thuggish traits seem to roll down hill the amatuer side creating entities like Ralek for example.
    Gary

"Of course thats just my opinion, I could be wrong"-Dennis Miller
    www.pressurepointfighting.com