Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Royce speaks out on the UG

BAI HE Guest
    Like I said, this is America, you want to talk, talk, but this is what I have to say, if you are such a tough guy, show
    up when I am in town and tell this stuff to my face, talk to me insted hide behind fake names, and fake e-mail
    addresses.

Like Emin Boestepe did?

The guy needs to stop whining, don't cry about talking crap when he and his took MMA public.
    If he doesn't llike the ruls F-him.

Speaking of rules, all these rules that favor the grappling arts in these tourney's suck. Guys can shoot at will without worrying about strikes to the spine and neck. Nice.

Now go to Sherdog.com and watch Rickson's highlight tape. In one of the fights he has this big guy on the ground and knees him full strength directly in the spine. Watch the grimace on the poor *******s face.

I got hit VERY lightly on the spine before, my back and legs were stiff and pained for about a week. Rickson (Ralek's Hero) could have crippled that poor guy. So much for the rules.

I'd like to see this "famous" Rickson (the pinnacle of BJJ according to Rolls) actually fight a top guy.
    9 fights against who? Who? Oops I'm an Owl.

He needs to:

Stick to the rules.

1 Fight Vanderlei Silva or Sak or someone
    who can fight.

2 Pray Kimura-San never comes back from the dead

3 Learn how to strike and then teach Royce

4 And... keep his brother from whining.
    What an azzholle.

Jaguar Wong Guest
    The Rickson fight (with the spine knee), was in an earlier event during the beginnings of MMA. There were no rules protecting the spine. Just like in the old days of the UFC. Also, Rickson is boasting a supposed 400+ fights undefeated. I don't know all the details, so I won't comment on the validity. I do know he's a pretty smooth fighter from what I've seen of him.

Jaguar Wong

BAI HE Guest
    Jag, It's still rotten. That poor ******* could have been paralyzed. For what a $3000 purse?
    400+? He's smooth but not that smooth.

In today's information age people demand VALIDITY.

Boestepe is guilty of this as well. He claims to have had hundreds of street fights. Who saw them. Do you know how much time you would have to spend looking for a game opponent, much less actually fighting them?

Does he think he's Roberto Duran?
    Anyone in Panama will tell you Roberto fought 500 times in the street and 100 times in the ring.

Royce fought alot of inexperienced, 2nd tier fighters in the early UFC's. Things have now heated up, real pro's have come out of obscurity and set the stage. Where is Royce?
    Ryan at least has balls.

Where is Rickson?

Where have all the BJJ good times gone? They started an evolution that has passed them by and they know it.

Watchman Guest
    That poor ******* you're referring to was David Levicki.

That event was surely Night of the Tomato Cans!

BAI HE Guest
    Watchman -
    I gasped when I saw that shot. That was nasty, thoughtless and abhorrent.
    What was he thinking?

It's one thing if the tells the guy this is a real fight (to the death) but come on!
    That was horrible.

If Rickson is so good, why has he only fought ( shemps?

I give Royce and Ryan props. Rickson should represent.

Watchman Guest

BAI HE,

I gasped when I saw that shot. That was nasty, thoughtless and abhorrent.

Well, Levicki (who incidentally happened to spun out on meth for that event) made a few "choice" comments to Rickson before the fight, so Rickson schooled him with that shot when he had the chance, and used punches from the mount to submit rather than go for his patented rear naked choke finish for the same reason.

Ralek Guest
    You guys are mad at Rickson? What for? I can tell you that none of the Gracie's are thugs except for Rorion.

Rorion is the ONLY Gracie that is a thug. Some people say that Ryan Gracie is a thug becuase he stabbed that guy with a knife in a street fight. But he stabbed the guy in SELF-DEFENSE. Ryan was un-armed and the guy came at him with a knife and Ryan took the knife away from the guy and stabbed him in self-defense. That is not being a thug. That is self defense.

Rickson is probably the nicest of all the Gracie's. He is nice to everyone. You guys are a bunch of pusies if you hate him becuase he kneed that guy in the back. It's a Vale Tudo fight. Getting kneed in the back is no big deal. David Levicki was a wing chun expert that out-wieghed Rickson by 100 pounds. Rickson easily took him down and kneed his back. No big deal.

Rickson is the man. He is undefeated. He is in his forties and he beat Funaki who is 10 years younger than him and was a top NHB fighter who had defeated virtually all the other top NHB fighters. But Rickosn destroyed him and choked him Funaki unconsious. This was about a year ago.

Brazilian jiujitsu is superior.

Watchman Guest

Rolls,

David Levicki was a wing chun expert

If you call a washed-up meth addict with less than a full years worth of Wing Chun training (which he quit because it was "too demanding") an expert, then I suppose you and I have different ideas on what the term "expert" means. :rolleyes:

Fact is, Levicki was a novelty because of his size - nothing more.

BAI HE Guest
    "Well, Levicki (who incidentally happened to spun out on meth for that event) made a few "choice" comments to Rickson before the fight, so Rickson schooled him with that shot when he had the chance, and used punches from the mount to submit rather than go for his patented rear naked choke finish for the same reason."

Didn't know the Meth angle. Fortunately it hasn't caught on out here in the East yet.
    "Choice words?" C'mon Watch, words are words. Unless they involve my Wife or my Sister, I can't be worked up.

If Rickson could have taken him "Naked" he should have.
    I don't like that spine shot at all. Under any circumstance other than saving one's life or the life of a loved one. THAT IS A LETHAL AND PERMANENTLY INJURIOUS TACTIC.
    Rickson was clearly in control of the match. There was no need.

There is such a thing as " Buddah's law of Brutal compassion". It didn't apply here.

MMA is a sport. One not need lose the use of their legs for $1500. If so, they should be told this is the case.

We always agree Watch, but I can't stand with you on this one.

If you wan't to talk Islamic extremists and the the logistical viability of the 50 cal. in the the ground theater. Hell I'm right back at Yah!

Regards,
    Your favorite Yank,
    Pete

Knifefighter Guest

Spine shots

BAI HE:
    Have you ever seen anyone paralyzed by a spine shot? I've seen many delivered and taken quite a few myself. Never seen anyone close to paralyzed.

Watchman Guest

BAI HE,

I wasn't justifying Rickson's knee shot to Levicki's spine - just relating what Levicki personally told me.

As far as the "morality" of it is concerned, my simple opinion is if you don't want to get hit in the spine don't particpate in vale tudo matches.

One not need lose the use of their legs for $1500. If so, they should be told this is the case.

The fighters are, in fact, required to sign permanent death and disabitity waivers before they are allowed to fight. If someone wants to put their body on the line for the potential payoff, then as far as I'm concerned, go after it.

chokeyouout2 Guest

bai hai

This is such old hat.But it still irks me too think there is people like you who choose to believe that emin bostepe challenged any member of the gracie camp to their face.At the time of these allegations, there was a open door policy at the Gracie Torrance Academy.Lots of people showed up to test their skills.Emin never showed anything but his mouth.A alternate venue was offered, the LAPD training facility.Again Emin didn't show anything but his mouth.This is why royce called him a clown.

When you'r telling one of your little stories, here's a idea; Have a point, it makes it so much more interesting for the reader.

JWTAYLOR Guest
    KF, I have, recently, seen a shot to the back of the neck that left a man paralized for some time. Surgery was able to fix this, but only after fusing vertebrae together, leaving him quite permanently unable to bend his neck very much at all. This was during a test at our school.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

BAI HE Guest
    Vasco - It's all out there on the web. Maybe the Gracie's don't have access, but I find that hard to believe. They are after all Master Marketers.

Roycs has the time, presence of mind and net savvy to find out when he's being slagged. How does he run a google search without finding Boestepe's challenge?

Knife - Paralyzed? Daryll Stingley NE Patriots, courtesy of Jack Tatum, by NFL rules that was a clean hit. It makes what Rickson did seem like a hug.
    Watch that guy's face when that knee lands.

The Rickson thing? I don't like it. Never will.
    He could have paralyzed that guy. If it's a sport, where is the sportsmanship?

Rickson is tough. When he proves it against the best of the best (Sak, Silva, Belfort etc..) Then he can smile.
    Hell Knife, you've probably fought more than 9 times and probably against better opponents.

Stranger Guest
    Bai He,

Rickson is too old to have to prove anything. You fight in a cage to build a rep., his is already made. It wouldn't be safe for him to get hit by a young powerful striker at his age. We let boxers retire, why not let Rickson do his semi-retirement thing?

Rickson kneed him in the spine, but he would not of hesitated to drop an elbow on Rickson's spine if a sloppy double leg attempt had been executed. Spine shots were legal and both fighters knew that before they entered the ring.

I don't get mad.
    I get stabby.