Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Royce speaks out on the UG

Grahf1 Guest
    Kung Lek -

Saying that Helio is the only Gracie who respects the martial arts is an ignorant statement.

Bae He -

Why don't you tell all the Kung Fu guys that complain about the UFC rules how barbaric they are?

BAI HE Guest
    I'll take it from you Stranger.
    Unlike say, Ali, these guys can no longer back it up. THE SPORT HAS EVOLVED AND BLOWN BY THESE GUYS.
    I don't care if he tapped Royce in his underoos every X-mas morning for ten years. IT DOESN'T PROVE SHEEET. So Ralek should find a HERO who actually walks the walk like RUTTEN, SAK, F.SHAMROCK, ORTIZ, ETC.

As far as Rickson goes? Well never up, never in.
    And if he actually fights Sak? He'll find out the meaning of the word "evolution". Take a look at his record on Sherdog.com. Wow! He really wrecked on some household names there

Just remember Rickson fought 9 times. His family is one of the biggest crap talking syndicates on record. tHEY INVENTED A GAME THAT THEY CAN'T EVEN COMPETE IN ANYMORE.
    In the early days they could...then the serious MMA guys started to get involved and...bye bye Gracies.

I suppose the money wasn't right for any of the twenty Gracies to fight Raus?

BJJ - Superior? Ask Sakuraba.

!

BAI HE Guest
    Steffi Graf - "Why don't you tell all the Kung Fu guys that complain about the UFC rules how barbaric they are?"

Nobody bothers with the UFC anymore, because it's crap. MMA has outgrown the UFC.
    Why fight for chump change?
    Serious MMA's don't.

Are they to ***** to fight SanShou or Sabaki or K-1? Are they?

Maurice Smith had the balls to fight in these "NHB" tourney's.

Why can't some speedo head like Befort fight K-1?
    It pays good. Why not?

THE RULES.

At least Frank Shamrock is giving it a go. What about the rest?

:eek:

Chang Style Novice Guest
    Yeah! And how come Pete Sampras doesn't play pro football, what's he afraid of?

The RULES!

Why doesn't Barry Bonds compete in the PGAA tour?

The RULES!

Why doesn't Michael Jordan play baseball?

The RU...wait, never mind.

My point is, people gravitate toward what they are good at, even if the different circuits are pretty similar in intent. If you're not suited to K1 rules or what have you, why embarass yourself and spread your energy thin when you can concentrate on Pride and make a real go of it?

HuangKaiVun Guest
    Everybody can talk trash about the Gracies, but who'd be dumb enough to go seek them out and challenge them to a true fight?

I applaud Royce Gracie for reminding us all that the Internet makes bullies out of cowards - but REALITY makes cowards out of bullies.

BAI HE Guest
    Chang -
    Yet strikers are improving...we're seeing a lot more KO and TKO in these matches. Or have you been sleeping?

Bas Rutten was the prototype...the rest is history

Chang Style Novice Guest
    Sleeping, I guess. I don't follow these competitions much. I'm just saying if I were a professional fighter-athlete, I'd experiment for a little while, find my niche, and stick with it.

Xebsball Guest
    From what i've heard Ryan's thing wasnt self-defense and BTW the other guy was a BJJ dude too.

400+ wins??
    BOOOOO****!

But i've heard Rickson is nice and humble and stuff from a Tai Chi person that spoke to him.

One more thing, i've heard from very reliable sources that a WING CHUN person defeated a BJJ GRACIE TOP STUDENT some time ago. The name of any of them can be revealed, the wing chun then made an agreement with the gracies.

-------------------------
    "You will never need to feel weak, helpless, indecisive, not fascinating or ashamed of your genital dimensions. GOOD-BYE Humiliation. Bullies, Karate Experts, Boxing Champions, traffic wardens will melt to pulp as you master every situation."
    Master Deltoo
    http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Stadium/2477/

Watchman Guest
    Yup, that was me.

Ooops! Rorion© is going to sue me for revealing my identity!! :eek:

chokeyouout2 Guest

If it's on the net, it must be true.

What a load of ****.What is true is the fact that lots of guys showed up to take the challenge.Emin didn't.Ryan,Ralph,Renzo,Royler,Rickson,Relson, and even Rorion have all put their skills on the line.I have seen them all fight on different occasions.When has Mr. Bostepegone betond internet challenges and put his skills to the test like any of the aforementioned people have?Screw the gracies anyways, there is a new breed of fighters coming from every part of the world.The list is to big even to mention.You need to realise the times have changed since 1994.If you are truly interested in MMA, or want to learn a little, you'll have to look betond your local video store.These guys don't fight for free and have very little time for has-beens and never will be's.Not too say Bostepe can't fight or teach, but the challenge is a hoax.

peace

When you'r telling one of your little stories, here's a idea; Have a point, it makes it so much more interesting for the reader.

Badger Guest
    Royce is still the King. You people aint nothing but hounddogs.Don't be cruel or Royce will send you to the heartbreak hotel.Don't get his temperture rising.If any of you went 1 round with Royce you would be all shook up.Royce is itching like a man on a fuzzy tree getting ready for his next fight. Remember when closing the gap wisemen say only fools rush in. Let's Rock!Everybody lets Rock!HEEYYY!!!!

f[IMG] [/IMG]

Badger

ยจ

Support The Economy. Buy A Gun.

chu yun Guest

ROFLMAO

LOL! Now that was funny!

Merryprankster Guest
    Bai He, (sorry if I've misspelled; I am too lazy to make sure)

First: The rules do not favor grapplers any more than strikers. There are rounds in place now, which means that a grappler has to give up the ground game to go sit in the corner, and get exposed to the kicks and punches of his opponents yet again. Some tournaments have mandatory stand-ups if the fight is too long on the ground with "inaction." That certainly doesn't benefit the grappler! I realize that some strikes are illegal, but if your punches and kicks aren't doing the job, something is wrong with your punches and kicks. Don't fault the rules.

Here is the common argument:

"My martial art is about more than vital points! We punch and kick as hard and as well as anybody. We counter grapple too."

"Ok, then show us. Here is a set of rules both parties agree to. Are you game?"

"What? I'm not allowed to strike to vital points? These rules are too restrictive and favor grapplers. You've limited my arsenal."

"But I thought you said it wasn't all about vital points?"

"It's not."

"Then show us..."

AD NAUSEUM

My Point: You can't have it both ways. The other argument I hear is that certain techniques are too dangerous for the ring, then they ***** when they are included as unsportsmanlike. Again, you can't have it both ways.

Second: The early events had the following rules: No eye-gouges, no fishhooks, no biting, no time limits. There was nothing about vital points or anything else. Those rules don't favor GRAPPLERS. And yet the victories Royce and Severn and some others won in those early UFC's were all against tomato cans? There were a few well trained fighters in those events, Orlando Weit, Guy Metzger, Remco Pardu, and that one full contact Karate guy. SOME of the opponents were tomato cans. Some were not. Watch PRIDE now, and you'll see the same thing still. Some are highly skilled, others are not.

I do agree that the NHB game has evolved beyond strictly grappling, but to say that the rules somehow favor grapplers is silly.

Ralek Guest
    They just say that rules favor grapplers to help them cope with the emotional stress of seeing all their kung fu and karate hero's get beat up.

I think Kung fu guys are ashamed becuase they lost in the early NHB tournaments where vital points and neck breaks were legal.

Then all of a sudden there are rules against spine shots and the kung fu guys start protesting!!! Why couldn't the kung fu guys win when those "lethal" targets were allowed?

And why are they complaining about a Vale Tudo held in japan with few rules? I thought kung fu guys loved their fights to be free of rules?

Brazilian jiujitsu is superior.

Merryprankster Guest
    Thanks for backing me up Ralek. Everything I just said lost credibility now.