Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Intent or No Intent

Intent or No Intent

Hi Guys

Few question regarding chi kung and meditations, do you practise with Intent or No Intent if so what do you feel is better and what is some of the feelings you get or dont get that related to using Intent and No Intent.

Do you feel one should have intent or No Intent, which is considered higher level if there is any?

Is the Intent just made up in your own mind anyway and not real?

Hope this made sense....

All have a pleasent weekend!

Garry

Greetings..

Intent is that which inspires thought, action and purpose.. no intent and nothing gets done.. but, too much intent and the experience becomes contrived, mechanical, and closed to possibility... the understanding of intention is crucial to advancement in the internal arts..

Be well....
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Intent is learned through the process of getting things done.

Is Void state intent or no intent?

Quote Originally Posted by fiercest tiger
    It is both and neither!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown
    It is both and neither!
    That is both true and false and sometimes true and sometimes false.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus
    No Nexus, it is at once true, false and true/false. We may perceive it in any of its separate conditions, either true, false or as true/false, but that is a product of mind. How we perceive it does not change its condtion of being only our perception changes.

That is why it is said that Void is Non-Void and Non-Void is Void! It is both One and Divided at the same time.

Since it is a predominant condition of "our" minds to perceive in a linear fashion, we are normally only able to perceive one state at a time, but as I said that is a conditon of our mind and not a condition of "Void of Non-Void"!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown
    No Nexus, it is at once true, false and true/false. We may perceive it in any of its separate conditions, either true, false or as true/false, but that is a product of mind. How we perceive it does not change its condtion of being only our perception changes.

That is why it is said that Void is Non-Void and Non-Void is Void! It is both One and Divided at the same time.

Since it is a predominant condition of "our" minds to perceive in a linear fashion, we are normally only able to perceive one state at a time, but as I said that is a conditon of our mind and not a condition of "Void of Non-Void"!

You are correct, LOL!!

It appears I interpreted your comment differently than you had intended. It appeared to me you were speaking of separate condtions occuring one at at time rather than all at once! When in fact they occur "one at a time AND all at once"... all at once!

like light existing as both particle and wave: how it appears depends on how it is observed.
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

The earth and the moon smile, the light between them bends gracefully.

Quote Originally Posted by qiphlow
    like light existing as both particle and wave: how it appears depends on how it is observed.

Greetings..

What is "void state"? If there is an observer, there is no true "void".. there is that which is, and.. that which is not..

Intent, is the signature of the spirit.. in inspires thought and deed.. it is the nature of the spirit expressed through the filter of the mind and interpreted as action..

Be well...

Hi TaiChiBob,

Void is not empty, it is full! It contains all things, not nothing, therefore it does contain intent because intent IS something and Void contains ALL somethings, not nothing! But more than that! When we are speaking of Void here, I am assuming we are speaking of Void of Non-Void.

If we speak of Void alone then we are still caught in dualism since speaking of Void presumes Non-Void. Therefore, we must address it as the paradox Void of Non-Void!
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 08-07-2006 at 08:25 AM.

Greetings..

Hi Scott: I agree, and.. that is why i do not favor the term "void".. it's the Universe, "void" and all.. there is the nothing that cradles the something.. but, even then, science confirms that even in the emptiness of deep space, there is activity that exceeds the notion of "void".. so, "void" as used with the understanding that there is no "true" void, is a voidless void... gads!!! that made my brain itch..

Be well..

Greetings..

I think i will "avoid" this issue..

Be well..