Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "choy lee fut kung fu" the Movie

"choy lee fut kung fu" the Movie

who has seen this movie? it is on the trailer package of movies to be released for rarescope btu I actually found this movie from groundzero.

I am wondering how true it is to real choy lee fut kujng fu. Cliff Lok is the star and while he usually blows, this is easily his best performacne I have ever seen.

Also the REAL female Bruce Lee shows up and it eneded up being such a sweet movie. The final fight with Phillip Ko is one of the best and has like this 2 minute long slow mo sequence. And jackie's dad from Drunken Master.

WHO HAS SEEN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Who is the REAL female Bruce Lee???

I don't know he name, btu her leg work is like Bruce, Silver Fox, and Whang in-sik rolled into one. You have to see this movie. She comes in at like the 40 minute mark and has maybe the best scene of the movie. The REAL master killer
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

Cool , will track it down.
    It's my birthday, woo!!!

nice, have a happy birthday su lin.

It is a double pack. Tiger claws is the other movie. Looks ok. But I am definitely a Cliff Lok fan now.

Excellent, birthday almost over now!

5:00pm here, hope it was fun.

Had a good one,went for a great Chinese buffet and out for drinks, too tired to do much today though, as Im not getting any younger!

I went ahead and got this dvd from hkflix for $12.90 (includes shipping). looks like it was made in the late 70's. both movies are ok but low budget.

in "choy lay fut" cliff lok does CLF. this movie will not be considered a classic but because the price was real cheap it's worth seeing at least once.

in tiger's claw there are no tiger techniques. Shek Kin (from enter the dragon) characters name is tiger hence the title. shek kin actually does 7 star mantis. all you northern mantis practitioners may want to check this one out.

thank you for your input

I figured they were using real styles but with clif lok I didn't know if this was possible

I have to disagree and say that this movie is a classic and that there are just too many things to list that make it a great one. The first fight of the movie is brilliant and the finale oh man. Also Cliff Lok is just super f****** good in this one.

And I will have to check out tiger claws. When they aren't wearing cool kung fu clothes, I usully don't watch it right when I get it

I would give it like an 8.5 out of 10 for kung fu. Was it the picture quality that was distracting you? Rarescope is actually re-releaseign this movie in about a month or 2, picture on their movies has been pretty good.

Thumbs up

FYI:

In the movie CLF, the person playing the senior student to the sifu that cliff lok's character was trying to learn from was Lee Koon Hung, the late GM of CLF. he should have been given the lead role instead of C. lok. it would have been a better movie.

the reason I said it's not a classic is because i'm not imprerssed with cliff lok's "on screen" kung fu. his kicks are slow and stances sloppy. maybe it's the director telling him to slow down or the camera angles don't do him justice. I don't know anything about him, if he was a martial artist or an actor that learns on the set. but I think he was a good friend of bruce lee.

compare him with "the prodigal son" (with sammo hung, yuen biao, frankie chan, i forgot the guys name who played the female role in the opera but he was great too) now this movie is a classic with great fight scenes or marco polo (with gordon lieu, his first movie and he plays the bad guy) or 5 shaolin masters.

but I recommend the 2 movies just to see lee koon hung do his CLF and sheik kin 7 star mantis.

Quote Originally Posted by poorboy
    FYI:

In the movie CLF, the person playing the senior student to the sifu that cliff lok's character was trying to learn from was Lee Koon Hung, the late GM of CLF. he should have been given the lead role instead of C. lok. it would have been a better movie.

the reason I said it's not a classic is because i'm not imprerssed with cliff lok's "on screen" kung fu. his kicks are slow and stances sloppy. maybe it's the director telling him to slow down or the camera angles don't do him justice. I don't know anything about him, if he was a martial artist or an actor that learns on the set. but I think he was a good friend of bruce lee.

compare him with "the prodigal son" (with sammo hung, yuen biao, frankie chan, i forgot the guys name who played the female role in the opera but he was great too) now this movie is a classic with great fight scenes or marco polo (with gordon lieu, his first movie and he plays the bad guy) or 5 shaolin masters.

but I recommend the 2 movies just to see lee koon hung do his CLF and sheik kin 7 star mantis.

I can't disagree with you more. I have seen Cliff Lok in some decent performances. None like this though. Add in Jackie's dad from Drunken Master who I had no idea he could fight, a master who is a very enjoyable character and a good fighter, and then Phillip Ko, I have to call this a masterpiece. I agree Cliff is no gordon Liu, but who is? The guy is a master. Cliff is an actor and, and you would never know it from watching this movie. His movements are slow, but if I compared him with say Jackie Chan, I say he is right up there with everything that Jackie brings. I have to admit that the training sequences could have been a bit better, but you didn't even comment on the female bruce lee, how was her form?

The girl in it is Yeung Pan Pan, who was a student of my sifu, Lee Koon Hung. Most of the students in the school were my sifu's students as well with one being my wife's uncle. Sifu worked with the action directors as well on this and is playing the drum when you see Cliff Lok's "hands" only.

As a CLF person I find the movie okay at best but I like to watch it from time to time. My sifu gets killed way to easy.

I have a copy and although I'm not a big fan of Cliff Lok I liked it. I agree there wasn't enough LKH in it but then a hot chick doing KF distracts me and I forget all about his character.

I was surprised to see a younger Shek Kin in Tiger's Claw. I bought it for the CLF and LKH so it was a real bonus for me being a NPM practitioner. Especially since I didn't get distracted by a hot chick doing KF in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    I have a copy and although I'm not a big fan of Cliff Lok I liked it. I agree there wasn't enough LKH in it but then a hot chick doing KF distracts me and I forget all about his character.

I was surprised to see a younger Shek Kin in Tiger's Claw. I bought it for the CLF and LKH so it was a real bonus for me being a NPM practitioner. Especially since I didn't get distracted by a hot chick doing KF in it.

cliff lok is pretty good(in thsi movie) but that girl is like HOLY SHlT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!