Thread: Should I be worried?

Should I be worried?

Ok, about a year ago I collided shins while sparring one of my classmates (we both threw roundhouse kicks at the same time.) His shin was fine, mine later swelled up to look like I grew another calf muscle. Didn't help that I tried to shrug it off and walked on it for about a half hour after class. When I got home and saw how it swelled I made sure to apply ice and compression, started to "massage it out" (ouch!) and later started using Dit Da Jow since I was told it was good for breaking up blood clots at the skin level. I did this just about every day until the swelling had gone down.

It's almost a year later, and now there's still a dark-ish spot on my shin where the lump used to be. Should I be worried?

For reference, here is a picture of the bruise 1.5 weeks after the collision. http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...LegBruise1.jpg
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

Aagh, that looks really painful. Im beginning to think that shins are really odd. I crashed shins with someone and thought I had done some damage to it, nearly a year later I still have an odd bump too after applying oil.
    Does it hurt at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Su Lin
    Aagh, that looks really painful. Im beginning to think that shins are really odd. I crashed shins with someone and thought I had done some damage to it, nearly a year later I still have an odd bump too after applying oil.
    Does it hurt at all?
    It actually feels quite a bit stronger. Not that I'd do it again, but either the bones recalcified, or I killed some nerve endings. Maybe both? I found massaging the bump, though painful does help to kind of "work it out." The most helpful (but excruciating) thing I did was taking a rolling pin and rolling it over. Keep in mind it was a soft, firm bump, so I don't know if that has anything to do with this being a wise idea or not. I hope yours feels better though.
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

Rubbing scar tissue helps apparently! I have odd shins anyway after years of playing hockey at school. Good luck with yours!