Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Q & A with me.

Q & A with me.

I often recieve a lot of PM's and emails asking for training advice, etc. and I'm happy to say that if you're interested in asking me questions there is a new forum dedicated to combat sports

http://www.mma-nhb.com

I'm the moderator of the MMA and Judo forums and I'd be happy to help you make your training more successful.

I'm currently training for an upcoming fight on October 14th and I'll be blogging info there.

Take care, train hard.

-Bill Easlick
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

I'm currently training for an upcoming fight on October 14th and I'll be blogging info there.
    I have a fight on Oct 14 also. But I'm trying to get another before then, I also want to do a SanDa fight because I think I've been favoring grappling too much. (Last half my wins are by submission, got keep things balanced. )

Now for my question:

Many MMA fans have long awaited the return of the entity know as "Old Vitor." It appears the seconding of this being is not coming. Given his last two fights, is Frank Mir the new Vitor?
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)

Here's one for you:
    Is your fight with Abel still on?
    If so, when and where?

Quote Originally Posted by Asia
    I have a fight on Oct 14 also. But I'm trying to get another before then, I also want to do a SanDa fight because I think I've been favoring grappling too much. (Last half my wins are by submission, got keep things balanced. )

Now for my question:

Many MMA fans have long awaited the return of the entity know as "Old Vitor." It appears the seconding of this being is not coming. Given his last two fights, is Frank Mir the new Vitor?
    I like Frank, but he's no Vitor..

Here's one for you:
    Is your fight with Abel still on?
    If so, when and where?
    I doubt it KF. The problem is he'll just keep pushing it back and giving reasons why he couldn't travel etc..

and I'm moving forward. I'm going to spend time training for actual fights that will occur and that's the difference between us. I fight. He doesn't. talk is cheap.
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

have you considered traveling to meet him?
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

I said I would and I even contacted a venue less than 10 mi. from him that was having an event during the time frame he agreed on, but he kept backing out and pushing the date back.

I want to fight people who also want to fight! The whole point is to compete so that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to keep fighting.
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

So we shouldn't wait for the second coming of "Old Frank"?
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

Frank was never "great" imho so there isn't really much to go back to. He had 2 mediocre performances vs. Wes and a pretty easy sub on Tim Sylvia a guy with 4' arms.

"old" vitor beat guys liike Silva, Herring, Couture.. and he did it with impressive fashion!
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinTiger00

"old" vitor beat guys liike Silva, Herring, Couture.. and he did it with impressive fashion!
    What alternate bizarro universe are you living in? Randy spanked Vitor both fights!!!!
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

D'oh. that's right!..

well still addd Yvel, Matsui, etc. and he was a phenomenon in that time.
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

So we **** the false god Mir and keep waiting for the return of "Old" Vitor.
    (I realize this would be a much funnier joke on MMA.tv)

ok,,,, I got a question for all you MMA types

How's the injury factor in MMA....

When I was in the military I had a friend who wrestled a lot...
    His back was screwed up hard core....bad disk obviously this was at an early age...sucked the high hog....

My father in law missed the 1952 Olympics in wrestlng, by one man...wrestled very seriously for many years...

His back is so bad He has to sleep proped up on his side ....(takes a **** load of pain meds...to boot ...

I've read that ...Frank Shamrocks back is wasted, same goes for Royce Gracie's

I can't help thinking that your bodies are under some serious stress ...yet, I could be wrong.... I've read its a safe sport as far as fatalities, but what about BS injuries........I look at boxing and its long term effects....I look at the long term effects in wrestling.. ......sport fighting seems to have both.....and it isn't like pro football with the giant payday...and even then I question "is the giant payday worth it?

that old saying "damage done in your youth comes back to haunt you in spades.. seeing my father in law.. really brings that home.....

what's up?

is thier a high injury factor...?

How long do most of you plan to compete?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinTiger00

I doubt it KF. The problem is he'll just keep pushing it back and giving reasons why he couldn't travel etc..

and I'm moving forward. I'm going to spend time training for actual fights that will occur and that's the difference between us. I fight. He doesn't. talk is cheap.
    I see my fans are still masterbating to my picture. And KF is the lead wanker.

my questions
    So are you still a motorcycle tire on the hip wearing uncle fester? Are you going to put any muscle on those twig legs of yours? While you are moving forward does you belly jiggle alot? Its noble that you are training to lose another fight. So how are you going to lose the next one, KO, submission?
    Last edited by SifuAbel; 08-03-2006 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hung-le
    ok,,,, I got a question for all you MMA types

His back was screwed up hard core....bad disk obviously this was at an early age...sucked the high hog....

My father in law missed the 1952 Olympics in wrestlng, by one man...wrestled very seriously for many years...

His back is so bad He has to sleep proped up on his side ....(takes a **** load of pain meds...to boot ...

I've read that ...Frank Shamrocks back is wasted, same goes for Royce Gracie's

I can't help thinking that your bodies are under some serious stress ...yet, I could be wrong.... I've read its a safe sport as far as fatalities, but what about BS injuries........I look at boxing and its long term effects....I look at the long term effects in wrestling.. ......sport fighting seems to have both.....and it isn't like pro football with the giant payday...and even then I question "is the giant payday worth it?

that old saying "damage done in your youth comes back to haunt you in spades.. seeing my father in law.. really brings that home.....

what's up?

is thier a high injury factor...?

Injuries can be expected to be higher in an environment where the application of what is learned is more of the focus than not.

any place that puts a lot of emphasis on application of martial art will naturally have a higher injury number than those places that do not emphasize applcation so much.

in either of these, some injuries are sustained because of mistakes, the wrong move, zigging when one should be zagging etc etc.

In cma, in my experience, the harder contact application of what is taught is only allowed to people who can demonstrate an understanding of what they are doing to a degree of some proficiency and so, injuries are reduced.

In mma, mat time is almost immediate in the training cycle, opening the door to less experienced and less knowledgable people learning the hard way.

It's a trade off, although it is my opinion that a person will learn how to fight quicker in an environment that emphasizes contact with more frequency and more intention.

In any martial training there are risks of injury. Those risks are reduced with mindfulness payed to those with less experience and ability.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Pretty much the same as any other strenous sport.

I think its just the luck. I wrestled in the Army, did Judo, boxed, MMA, etc I never had a serious injury and my back is fine, if I don't strain it during conditioning. However there are others in my gym that have had nagging back problems along with other things.

MMA is safer than alot of other sport with only one fatality to its name, that was mainly do to preexisting condition. Still its a COMBAT Sport so there is going pain. Its not for everyone and, I know I might catch flack for this, its not suppose to be.not everyone is meant to be a warrior or fighter. Many pple study combat (MA) but few really have the knack for it. So those who do compete have a love for it.

Until they drag my broken body out the cage or off the mat.