Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: what cheers you up?

OT: what cheers you up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBXeQ...elated&search=

This is a very funny/cheerful musical video/MV by Liang Jin Lu.

Liang frequented the bookstore till close because she likes the guy. The first girl friend slapped him because of Liang. The guy was clueless.

---

a song, a poem, a joke?

with all the gloom and doom on the news or all the problems in the world;

what cheers you up?

a cup of tea, a piece of music or just a love story?

---

the first girl friend knew and was happy for both Liang and the guy to be together. It is a sacrifice. True love is about knowing and doing what is the best for him or her.

---

Last edited by SPJ; 09-19-2006 at 09:52 PM.

shaving the elderly.

all of them.
    where's my beer?

what cheers me up?

Weimaraner Puppies........................................... ......oh yes and boobies.

TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

practicing my martial art
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Kitten's whiskers, daffodils and puppies.

No, seriously, kung fu never fails to cheer me up.Plus getting out on my bike.
    And buying my first actual issue of KF magazine!
    And chocolate
    and gin.... I could go on!

the best part of every day is when i walk in the house and hear "DADDY!!!!" adora then makes two full runs around the house before she jumps and i spin her around my head and get a big hug.

at 7 years old adora is 37lbs so i'm hoping to be able to do this for a while.
    where's my beer?

Aah, cute! My niece really cheered me up yesterday when I surprised her meeting her from school, her eyes lit up,she ran at me and gave me a huge hug! In lieu of having children, my nieces and nephew cheer me up ! Apart from my nephew just starting karate and my niece starting tkd soon.

Talking/playing/having fun with my kids.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    shaving the elderly.

all of them.
    With or without their consent!

Smile This ALSO Cheers me up

It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

An hour of seated meditation usually does the trick for me. It didn't when I first started, but now that I'm a seasoned veteran, it usually gives me good results.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

In August when I was waking up in the early morning shivering from anxiety attacks the only thing that could calm me down enough to go back to bed was the movie Elf with Will Farrel. Movies that have also helped include Fight Club, Dawn of the Dead, Van Wilder, Beer Fest, the Notebook, Novacaine, Avenging Warriors of the Shaolin (5 venoms), and Gladiator.

This summer taught me that my family is a lot more important to me than I ever thought they were. We're a lot more close knit than I ever realized.

Listening to Okinawan Eisa music (folk music with small hand-held drums) reminds me of who I really am and what I've been through. I have a lot of music that I've been jammin to lately- rancid, op ivy, social d, fort minor, linkin park, bob dylan, q lazzarus, mazzy star, metallica, misfits, dead prez, wu-tang, dmx, hank williams, hank williams III, rascal flats, johnny cash, sex pistols, buzzcokcs, the kinks, barry mcguire, rage against the machine, dieselboy, weezer, audioslave, roy orbison, the smiths, chilli peppers, and my irish drinking songs cd. My i-pod's somewhere between 5000 and 6000 songs at the moment.

Certain friends I can talk to and if they're really listening, it does a lot for me.

Driving on long road trips has been theraputic.

I like eating my favorite dishes- like Singapore Mei Fun, Yum Yum Fried Rice, penang curry, chicken parmesan sandwich, pizza hut, chia xiu bao, and pho.

Cute girls of course are one of the best cheer-er-uppers.

I've found an appreciation for remembering to breathe and relax, telling myself that things are going to be better.

The heavybag is another avenue for catharsis.

Over the past 10 years or so, anytime I've gotten depressed, angry, or just plain upset I went out, got drunk, and smoked cigarettes. For the past 5 or 6 weeks I been on zoloft and i really don't feel the urge to go out and do that stuff anymore. A good therapist and the right prescription can really work wonders.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Gung-Fu has always been my rock of gibraltar, my solace, my sanctuary. On Fridays, I get to go into Chinatown and train with my Sifu, on Saturdays, I go back into the city to my Si-Hing's school and get more, on Sundays, I again go into the city to train in the park with some of the greatest masters I have ever met, and then we all go out for yum-cha.
    Putting on "Eruption", into "You Really Got Me"-or "Mob Scene" loud as a bastid, gets me pumped.
    Old VH brings me back to the days of ripping around town in my '69 AMX, with the sound cranked up trying to drown out the noise from the headers!
    (If ya don't like the way I drive, stay off of the sidewalks!)
    Sittin out back, or with a good friend,sippin on port, or B&B, and a good premium cigar, like a Fuente, or Romeo, or Fonseca-it's not a habit-it's an indulgence.
    Lately, I've been going to this blues jam on Monday nights and playing my guitar-and when I'm in my groove, it really cheers me up-especially when other musicians compliment me, and ask if I'm pro.
    head.
    going to the range and blowin off some brass, or skeet shooting
    getting on my '73 Harley and just cruising the back roads.=just clears my head.
    Getting up early in the morning, running at the track, doing the three S's and being out of the house, while it's still early morning0just gives me a feeling of accomplishment.
    Cleaning the school, or my office, etc-not the cleaning itself, but looking back at what I've accomplished, is very satisfying.
    Hearing my daughters say, "I love you , Daddy"-sh1t, I cry just thinking about it.
    Hearing my daughters play music-
    http://www.thekungfugirls.com/ and also hearing them thank me for teaching them guitar!!!

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I was in this group, called Personal Dynamics. Well one of the exercises we did was to write a letter, just a short note to each person in the group-something personal, something special, about their greatness. Well, there were about twenty-five of us, so you end up with an envelope filled with these notes telling you how much you mean to each person, how incredible you are, how this, or that. These are called "Rainy Days"-whenever I am blue, down in the dumps, have that Rainy Day feeling inside, I pull out my big manilla envelope and pour out my Rainy Day letters on the bed, and read each one.
    Everybody should do this.

I can retreat into training most times life's giving me a rough time, but my toughest times have been when I couldn't turn to training for whatever reason:
    injury, argument with people i was training with, living somewhere with no training, or like this last case where someone convinced me I was a hot-tempered jerk making me hate training and anything in my life that wasn't "nice".

starting to get addicted again so let's see how this goes.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting