Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: China clubs 50000 dogs to death because 3 people got rabies

China clubs 50000 dogs to death because 3 people got rabies

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14139027/

"Dogs being walked were seized from their owners and beaten to death on the spot, the Shanghai Daily newspaper reported."

China probably consumes that many dogs a year, anyway. They slaughter them in rather brutal ways, too. They think that if the dog dies in a violent manner, it's adrenaline will be pumping like mad, which when eaten will make little Chinese ****s harder. I've heard about the tiger *****, they make wine out of it too. Ground stag horn, too.
    Deviant little *****es.
    Last edited by Hieronim; 08-02-2006 at 03:51 AM.

well this is just lovely. you know i never thought that the chinese culture was the most perfect and harmonious culture on the planet. yeah they got martial arts and taoism and all these really cool things for the good of humanity, mind body harmonization

You would think that all this wisdom and knowledge woudl transfer over to more common sense methods of dealing with rabies

oh yeah they eat cats as well,, how charming

TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

What makes eating a Cow a Chicken or a Pig, different from eating a DOg or a Cat,
    They're all animals. Unless you're a vegetarian the consumption of animals is not a strange or deviant thing.
    What's bad is the brutality. But that's based on my prejudices as well.

Starchaser dont be so narrow minded now

You KNOW as well as I do that this country domesticates Dogs and cats. Albeit that there is a level of animal abuse in this country with respect to dogs and cats , we STILL have fond relationships with these animal species, and instead of brutally BEATING dogs to death to deal with a rabies problem we use more humane and scientific methods.

Canines stand with humanity and serve us and we are stewards of them. get that through your head starchaser.

yes we eat cows and chickens and pigs and fish. there is a natural order and cycle of life that is consumed so that all things in this life are sustained, even in the plant kingdom.

oh and this country does not eat cats or dogs. you know why the chinese culture eat cats? well another defect of the mindset of that culture is that they seem to think they they get some sort of extra vitality by eating a cat. Just like they feel like they get an extra sense of vitality and nourishment from consuming tiger pen!s and bear gall bladders it is STUPID and has no basis on any sound and rational scientific OR nutritional basis.
    oh and before you start playing the TWS is a racist card, keep in mind that i think that all races of the planet who engage in such frivolity, even my own, are worthless. its not the race i look at but the mindset of the culture.

TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

My friend, Anything can be domesticated. And I do understand in the West people tend to make pets of certain animals and frown on the consumption of them. I live in the west and I've never ate a dog or a cat, not to my knowlege anyway. If a big domesticated dog were hungry enough do not be mistaken it will attempt to eat you. Human beings are omniverous, and meat is meat. I was not about to call you any names Willow Sword. I was simply stating my opinion, that the brutality of clubbing dogs to death was disturbing. You may be American, but you live in the world, so think globally. Some animals are revered and worshipped in one country and eaten in others. If I eat animals I think it would be hypocritical for me to condemn other people for doing the same, regardless of the reason, for verility or for basic sustainance, even if the animal they eat is of a different species than what I am accustomed to eating. May I also remind you that while your views are probably reflective of a very large demographic, you do not speak for everyone in your country. There are Americans who do not share your point of view, playing that card proves nothing.
    I'm truly sorry for the domesticated dogs and thier "owners". China and "rights" are not usually synonymous.
    Brutality and Palette are two different things though.

My friend has a pet pig. It's named "Sprog". Last night I had pork chops for dinner.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Pigs are typically more intelligent than dogs as well
    Eating dogs I can kind of understand, but cats have little nutritional value AND are highly intelligent.
    My real problem with Chinese meat consumption though is their abysmal animal welfare practices. Throw a lobster into boiling water and it dies instantly. Throw a cat in and it takes at least a minute
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

having loving dogs I am appauled by china's display at this. but then again its china i cant really be disapointed at anything.

i wish they had regular vets over there for vacinating their animals. they said only 3% get vacinated.

but as from experience when i was over there. dog tastes good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronim
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14139027/

"Dogs being walked were seized from their owners and beaten to death on the spot, the Shanghai Daily newspaper reported."

China probably consumes that many dogs a year, anyway. They slaughter them in rather brutal ways, too. They think that if the dog dies in a violent manner, it's adrenaline will be pumping like mad, which when eaten will make little Chinese ****s harder. I've heard about the tiger *****, they make wine out of it too. Ground stag horn, too.
    Deviant little *****es.

Just like any other country, it's not like everyone in China agrees with what their government does. I personally disagree with it completely. And don't forget how the government has delt with overpopulation.

And if brutality (towards animals) is the problem, how do you think we get white (bob) veal? Veal in general is acquired in an incredibly inhumane way. Actually, most animals are slaughtered or basically tortured in terrible ways for human consumption. Chickens are crammed in little cubbies with a food tray in front of their face so they can just eat and lay eggs. And of course, there are slaughterhouses where the workers kill cows and pigs in a violent matter as well. It's just the way it is.

BUT of course, not ALL farms are like this. There are some farms that do things to Humane Society standards.

Cows, pigs, chickens, ducks, deer, bear, dogs, fox, minks, ostrich... they're all animals. Some are killed for food, some for fur, some for no reason besides sport, all in a time where it is no longer a necessity. What's taboo is in the eyes of the beholder.
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.

Lucky Numbers 11, 8, 39, 46, 5, 17

Cruel *******s. Primitive method isn't it.

the humane society kills over a million dogs a year in the US alone.

Are they better only because you don't know about it?

pssshhhaaww.

Listen, I'm not down with beating a dog to death in the street of front of its owner and I also think the call was made by some low level official which the country of china is rife with due to it's huge and clunky bureacracy, but this kind of story is just sensationalist schlock. On any level.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

TWS, we ate dogs all through out the Civil war. It's basically this: When you're hungry, you'll eat anything...even Rex or Kitty.

I agree with SC107. The main thing here is brutality. Yes, the Human Society Euthenizes a million dogs a year, but they do it in a much more human fashion than beating the dog to death. I don't agree with killing them off, but population control is sadly a U.S. standard.

It's sad, but to think that ignorance doesn't exsist globally is twice as ignorant as what happened in China. The Chinese aren't a superior race, TWS. Nobody is superior as we are all retards in our own right.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gash
    Pigs are typically more intelligent than dogs as well
    Eating dogs I can kind of understand, but cats have little nutritional value AND are highly intelligent.
    My real problem with Chinese meat consumption though is their abysmal animal welfare practices. Throw a lobster into boiling water and it dies instantly. Throw a cat in and it takes at least a minute

Did you know it takes a domestic pig one week to become a feral boar? It's strange. I was watching a special on "Hogzilla" on NGC and they basicallly said that when a pig escapes, it takes one week to grow coarse hair, grow tusks, and become extremely hostile. Very interesting.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

thats cool as ****. the pig is releasing the beast i suppose. were-pig?

i hafta look that up.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronim
    Deviant little *****es.
    The ignorance in this is staggering. I guess people will believe what they want to. First go reread Davies post but then.....you just made up so much dumb **** in that post I'm only glad it's not longer because just with this little bit, I don't know where to start so in the order of your post:

They think that if the dog dies in a violent manner, it's adrenaline will be pumping like mad, which when eaten will make little Chinese ****s harder.

What nutjob piece of "yellow scare" propoganda did you get that out of? While it's true that dogmeat is believed to have specific "medical" properties, that is not one of them. Dog meat keeps you warm. It's eaten mainly in winter because after a meal of dogmeat, even though it's snowing out, you will be warm and toasty.

The killing methods are no more brutal than what you see in western slaughterhouses, arguably less so. No one is going to give a lethal injection to it's food. The stuff about the adrenyline is just drivel.

I've heard about the tiger *****, they make wine out of it too.

And why exactly is this relevant to the story? Mainly though, NO they used to use the tiger bones not the ******. DEER's ****** is commonly seen soaking in a bottle of high proofe though. Tiger parts are not really available these days. Back in the days when tigers were still killing people, yeah, they had no problem eating it when the people won.

Ground stag horn, too.

Mostly they don't grind it up. They cut off the tips of deer raised on farms for just that pupose. I am not sure how this affects the deer but deer are hardly an endangered species or anything. I think beyong the fact that they are raised in captivity, not terribly cruel.

But here's the really dumb part about your entire reaction, trying to get people worked up about "deviant little ****s" and all that:

1. The dogs were clubbed to death because that's all they could afford.
    2. Dogs that are eaten are "meat dogs". They have a specific species of dog that is raised on dog farms just like we raise cattle or chicken. No one was going to actually eat the pet dogs which are generally yappy little things that wouldn't feed an 8 year old.