Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monkey Kung fu clip

I believe monkey uses mantis footwork. It's been a while since I've read up on this stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymus
    I believe monkey uses mantis footwork. It's been a while since I've read up on this stuff.
    Its the other way around actuallty. Mantis uses monkey footwork.

I got a film that shows a few old men who are doing kungfu, as well as a lot of wushu stuff, but anyway... There's one old guy who does monkey. A few years ago, I found a chinese language book about the form that the old man does in this film.

The set with the person named Gus is the one that most closely resembles what is shown in the book and on that film, though not exactly, it's just closest in flavour.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Heres an old clip from the wong fei hung series..u see a fight between drunkenstyle and monkeyfist...mind u this is from 1969

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-gCj8LrhZo

Quote Originally Posted by Laukarbo
    Heres an old clip from the wong fei hung series..u see a fight between drunkenstyle and monkeyfist...mind u this is from 1969

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-gCj8LrhZo

That's some really bad choreography.

BSRoy The story I herd was that when preying mantis was developed it borrowed the monkey foot work since it's fast and nimble.

That's why at first glance preing mantis (northern Mantis) resembles monkey style.

As far as the section of the form that I do, that is actualy a southern monkey set I believe I've sen the same form being done by one of Sifu Yim Tai's student since my Sifu CTS knew Hung Fut it could be part of the HF system but don't quote me on that.

Of course all the forms my Sifu taught me had his endelable imprint, so there are some slight variations.

I also learned Dai sing Pek gwa wich doesn't have any monkey screams or any type of acrobatics with the exeption of an areal and some dive rolls.

The teck. in dai sing have a lot of long arm teck hense the name Peck gwa, it's got finger strikes wrist strikes lots of visible elbow strikes and clawing and riping.

As far as Ape style all I have seen is tong bei wich doesn't resemble monkey and Lama wich has lmostly long arms tech. and doesn't resemble monkey style

The version of Dai sing that I learned from CTS does a lot of in close fighting and focuses on grabing joint locking throwing and ground fighting.

In the open karate circute you will see many made up versions of monkey what usualy gives a made up monkey set is monkey screaming lots of gymnastics and no visible fighting tech.

Any one can act like a monkey so that is why you see so mutch of it in open torneys. I hope this info helps peace.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPandaBear
    That's some really bad choreography.
    like I said this is from 1969...

What does that have to do with anything

the first vid ... monkey stick ... was fun to watch.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud
    What does that have to do with anything
    huh?

he did a bad impersonation of a monkey
    You mean "un-personation"? :P

The teck. in dai sing have a lot of long arm teck hense the name Peck gwa, it's got finger strikes wrist strikes lots of visible elbow strikes and clawing and riping.
    What does this mean?

sifu stevin chin's monkey is pretty legit and good. he's very good and has done a lot of good stuff in the past. wouldnt expect anyhting less form his students.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Ahh Steve Chin. He is a former student of SiGong Chan. They are not on talking terms. Sigong Chan told me that he only taught him Lost monkey and he didn't complete training for it. However, I spoke to Steve Chin about 7 years ago and he claimed that Sigong taught him all of the monkey style. Steve Chin broke some promises to Sigong Chan and they don't talk.

Steve Chin learned another monkey style. I forgot what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey
    Ahh Steve Chin. He is a former student of SiGong Chan. They are not on talking terms. Sigong Chan told me that he only taught him Lost monkey and he didn't complete training for it. However, I spoke to Steve Chin about 7 years ago and he claimed that Sigong taught him all of the monkey style. Steve Chin broke some promises to Sigong Chan and they don't talk.

Steve Chin learned another monkey style. I forgot what it was.
    he learned monkey from leung lee fu as far as i know, thats all i know. i never heard of your sigong ever mentioned. then again i never heard it form steven chin's mouth himself. just from other source's who knew steven chin and leung lee fu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.