48. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

40 83.33%
  • no

8 16.67%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe "Chi" exist?

Greetings..

Chris: Humble thanks <bows>.. you post is well thought-out and on point.. Johnny might have some credibility, i wish he could, as you put it, join the community.. i dislike posting matters of negativity, i think we are all better than that, but.. i feel strongly that this forum has value and am confused whenever people see it as their personal playground.. Johnny is correct in that "wisdom" often comes from unlikely sources, but.. "wisdom" also understands the value of presentation.. Johnny's tactics are not unusual, they are put out there with a condescending authority, in hopes that no one will challenge them assuming such forwardness to be born knowledge.. but, there is a knowledge base in here that is sufficient to not be hoodwinked by such tactics.. simply put it out there, speak with heart and an open mind.. i am nobody's master or answer, i come here to share and learn..

Green Cloud: Saki it is!! with Tequila chasers.. I am not a "fish", fish are way too lightweight for this match... Now, we need to select a venue and rules, ooh, and who will video-tape the ugly results..?

Be well, brothers and sisters..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt
    ya know, if you took the time to read a lot of what Bob posts, you'd actually have more to go on than your psychic friends network info - he's actually one of the most humble folks around, given his background, obvious knowledge base, etc. - and he is always very forthcoming in his posts, shares his experiences and insights in a manner that invites even the least experienced reader to participate,
    TaiChiBob is a master of humbleness. That is why he rubs me the wrong way. I don't believe it. He is doing exercises for his humbleness class. I do not beleive he is sincere. I do not beleive someone can really talk like that day to day. I believe it is a forced persona. I could be wrong. I do not know him that well.

I would agree that his soft attitude makes beginners feel safe and welcomed so that they might be more likely to participate.

see, what you seem to get confused is this: no one really cares, ultimately, about what you may or may not know
    If you are going to go the philosophical route, why are you alive? Why not just end it all because life on this earth is just a step to what we really are? Why waste time here when you can go directly to the next world?

- you can say anything you want, we really can't verify;
    The only thing limiting your verification of what I say is your intelligence. If you are an accepting person who has little curiosity and little drive, you will not be able to verify what I say. I refuse to spoon feed people. I force them to go with me step by step through whatever I say so that not only do they learn the information that I have, they learn how to think.

If you are an intelligent and curious person who enjoys the work involved in solving a puzzle or a challenge, you will have no problem verifying what I say.

what is actually important here is the notion of community, or inter-relationships -
    I cannot stand kung fu classes that are social clubs. I will not voluntarily be part of a social clique with all the time wasting power and status games. I want to go to a class, learn kung fu, then leave. Social games are a waste of the 70 or 80 short years I have on this planet.

if all we do is focus hatred onto you and defecate all over your posts (an image that you seem to be fond of repeating...what's up with that?), if this whole experience is so negative for you, then why, sir, do you keep coming back?-
    You are YiLiQQuan1 aren't you? Now that I have refused to respond to your blatant hate, you are couching it in politeness and courtesy. But inside that sandwich of politeness is still the same kind of evil psychological attack.

You are a quitter. To you, if people reject someone, that someone should turn their back and walk away. I understand that kind of philosophy. I do not like it. It is not for me. I work with people until I am absolutely certain there is no hope. Some people would call that being a pest. Some people would call that being stubborn.

I call it having hope.

Quote Originally Posted by TaiChiBob
    Greetings..

Chris: Humble thanks <bows>.. you post is well thought-out and on point.. Johnny might have some credibility, i wish he could, as you put it, join the community.. i dislike posting matters of negativity, i think we are all better than that, but.. i feel strongly that this forum has value and am confused whenever people see it as their personal playground..
    Me too bob. That is why when I come here and see you wrapping cotton around the newbies, I am offended. Instead of filling their head with fluff that makes them go to sleep, a person could fill them with hard facts and information that will help them in their practice of kung fu. Or stimulate their thinking so that they come up with their own inspiration to improve their kung fu.

Johnny is correct in that "wisdom" often comes from unlikely sources, but.. "wisdom" also understands the value of presentation..
    Right again. I could present myself as an airy fluffhead who wouldn't hurt a flea. Or I can present myself as a no nonsense person who hates wasting time and does not see the value in putting on a pretty dress and makeup before I start talking about kung fu. If a person wants someone dressed up pretty and talking fluff, they do not want to deal with me.

Johnny's tactics are not unusual, they are put out there with a condescending authority, in hopes that no one will challenge them assuming such forwardness to be born knowledge..
    You wish. I have all but begged you to say something substantive. Say something that can help someone right this minute improve their kung fu practice or their knowledge of kung fu.

Instead, just like 98% of the people on the internet, you avoid the subject at hand and dive into a dissertation about my behavior and what you think are my psychological motivations. Admit it Bob. You like to talk kung fu. This is your living room where you blather on about nothing because people beleive the blather and listen to you.

I do not like speaking to you like this. I feel kind of bad. But if you are going to put out these psychological analysis you made up while you were walking from the living room to the refrigerator for another beer, I have no choice but to open people's eyes to how you really are.

but, there is a knowledge base in here that is sufficient to not be hoodwinked by such tactics..
    Could you please point these people out to me? I need them. So far the people I see are all hoodwinked by your all knowing and understanding attitude. If you notice, it is you, cjblahblah, and YiLiQuan who are posting all the negativity. Most other people are watching, or they are posting innocous posts, or they post something pertinent to the discussion.

simply put it out there, speak with heart and an open mind.. i am nobody's master or answer, i come here to share and learn..
    I think you come here for worship. You have been here solid for 2 or 3 years that I know of. Check my posts bob. I made about 80. About 50 of those have been in the last week. I come here when I have something to say. I don't come here looking for bright eyed followers.

Be well, brothers and sisters..
    Be well brothers and sisters. Avoid the forces of darkness and evil. Always keep your head up and looking into the light. Do not allow your attention to wander to those that speak in a sedative type of cadence. They are hypnotizing you into immobility so that they can then have their way with you.

When you worship someone children, you give them your energy. You tread softly through this world on your way to enlightenment while your mind is always thinking of Bob. My flock, your energy follows your thoughts or intentions. If Bob dominates your thinking as you live your daily live, all of your energy follows your thoughts and goes straight to bob. This of course makes bob health and powerful. Instead of working to build his own energy, he has convinced all of you to voluntarily give him your energy that you worked hard for.

In closing my loved ones, I would advise that you beware smiling people who make your head feel like it is floating on a cloud. No good will come of it. In a few years, when you wake up, you will realize that you just wasted years giving your energy and power to a lazy man.

Greetings..

What do you want bob? I like to give people what they want.
    No, Johnny.. you like to play power games..
    TaiChiBob is a master of humbleness. That is why he rubs me the wrong way. I don't believe it. He is doing exercises for his humbleness class. I do not beleive he is sincere. I do not beleive someone can really talk like that day to day. I believe it is a forced persona. I could be wrong. I do not know him that well.
    Nothing forced, here, Johnny.. humility is just a foreign concept to you.. your belief or lack thereof has no bearing on the truth of the matter.. but, given the appropriate circumstances, my demeanor can abruptly change (it's that Yin/Yang thing)..

Good luck with this quest of yours Johnny, you have elevated trolling to a new height.. but, until you present something with substance, i must abstain, it's not even amusing anymore..

Be well..

Greetings..

Well, contrary to my last post, dang, it.. Johnny, please take the time to browse the several threads where Connective Tissue Systems are thouroughly discussed (with links to sources).. Then, comment.. this is a direct assist to anyones quest to improve their Art.. I have seen you offer not one substantial or even useful hint of practice or self-improvement.. your entire persona is based on criticism and self-gratification.. really, show us something~anything!! you are great at telling people how useless i am, so.. show us something better, no deflection by critique, offer something that can be used to improve our practice of the Arts..

Be well..

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMnemonic
    If you are going to go the philosophical route, why are you alive? Why not just end it all because life on this earth is just a step to what we really are? Why waste time here when you can go directly to the next world?
    If that's how you feel, same questions back at you...

The only thing limiting your verification of what I say is your intelligence.
    The only thing limiting verification of what you say is actually coming out and saying something instead of the endless, amorphous, poorly worded drivel...

I force them to go with me step by step through whatever I say so that not only do they learn the information that I have, they learn how to think.
    Obviously you're not "forcing" anyone to do anything, since it seems nobody is really listening to you "saying nothing."

If you are an intelligent and curious person who enjoys the work involved in solving a puzzle or a challenge, you will have no problem verifying what I say.
    More of the "I'm so much better than the rest of you" business...

You are YiLiQQuan1 aren't you? Now that I have refused to respond to your blatant hate, you are couching it in politeness and courtesy. But inside that sandwich of politeness is still the same kind of evil psychological attack.
    Nope. Ask the admin folks to verify the IP address... Not the same person at all. But you knew that, right Psychic Johnny?

There are no "psychological attacks," just questions asked that you refuse to answer...

You are a quitter. To you, if people reject someone, that someone should turn their back and walk away. I understand that kind of philosophy. I do not like it. It is not for me. I work with people until I am absolutely certain there is no hope. Some people would call that being a pest. Some people would call that being stubborn.

I call it having hope.
    Your hope is that others will stop resisting your attempts to set yourself up as an authority "just 'cuz." Authority demands validity, validity is based on substantiation, substatiation requires evidence.

So you could always just "pony up" and put the whole matter to rest.
    Matt Stone

I heard you bob. I just let my lunch get cold because I felt guilty for kicking you.

Please look at this picture

I work in steps so everyone clearly sees what is happening. No possible source of confusion.

First question. Trivial.

Where is the left arm of the man on the left side of the picture?

Greetings..

Johnny: I will humor you for the moment with the unlikely expectation that you will provide something of interest..

The person's ("man' could be an assumption) arm (assuming the person has one/not amputated) is concealed.. it could be holding a weapon, but.. based on experience i would feel safe in assuming that the person's left arm is attached to their left shoulder, and inside the attire.. Beyond that, speculation..

Riddle me this, riddle me that.. LOL, Johnny is this a Zen game.. Substance, KungFu, Taiji, if you have a point make it..

Again, i responded to your request.. your turn, address the Connective Tissue System as presented in my posts.. Yin and Yang.. give and take.. your turn..

Be well...

cjurakpt Guest
    OK, NOW I know who this guy is, so to speak - he was on the forum about a year ago, but I can't remember what his handle was - he has some strange website that has all these crazy ideas up on it - I didn't realize it was him until he started showing pictures of celebs, etc. as examples of body structure and how it can be analyzed in some bizarre way - he did the same thing then, and actually once again under another handle; I do remember that he was BANNED, but good; I'm gonna try to figure it out; in the mean time CRAZY TROLL, why don't you post us the link to your WACKO home page so everyone can see what a FREAK you really are?

guys (Bob, Yliquan), don't waste your time on this guys any more - he's a looney tunes who can't resist going back to his old ways (showing the pics), and that's what gave him away...

Greetings..

Johnny: I will humor you for the moment with the unlikely expectation that you will provide something of interest..

The person's ("man' could be an assumption) arm (assuming the person has one/not amputated) is concealed.. it could be holding a weapon, but.. based on experience i would feel safe in assuming that the person's left arm is attached to their left shoulder, and inside the attire.. Beyond that, speculation..
    It is not about riddles Bob. It is about determining what you or someone else knows. I think that any person who feels they are teaching another would need to determine what that other person knows. They do not want to patronize the person by telling them things they already know.

After I asked my question, your reply could have contained everything I want to say, plus a bunch more stuff that you know. The only way I can be sure is to set up a situation where you demonstrate your knowledge.

I am a fan of Japanese culture. You and the others say what I do is "Bait and Switch". If you watch Japanese anime, cartoons for their children and adults, you will see that "Bait and Switch" is the way the Japanese do things. I can provide all kinds of examples where a child asks a question or even an adult asks a question and the person who has the answer tells them to wait. They do it on purpose to teach the meaning of patience and other lessons.

Anyways. The man is an announcer at a fight. It is highly unlikely that he is holding a weapon. I find it.....odd that you think his arm is inside of his clothes. Everyone would think he was strange if that was true.

To me, his arm is hanging down at the side of the table. His torso is leaning up against the table with his arm hanging down at his side so it is hidden both behind the other man and underneath the table.

Why does the man's arm look like that? If you look at the man on the right, he has both of his hands in front of him on the table. Why doesn't the man on the left have both of his hands in front of him on the table?

As a kung fu or Tai chi man, what would be your opinion?

OK, NOW I know who this guy is, so to speak - he was on the forum about a year ago, but I can't remember what his handle was - he has some strange website that has all these crazy ideas up on it - I didn't realize it was him until he started showing pictures of celebs, etc. as examples of body structure and how it can be analyzed in some bizarre way - he did the same thing then, and actually once again under another handle; I do remember that he was BANNED, but good; I'm gonna try to figure it out; in the mean time CRAZY TROLL, why don't you post us the link to your WACKO home page so everyone can see what a FREAK you really are?

guys (Bob, Yliquan), don't waste your time on this guys any more - he's a looney tunes who can't resist going back to his old ways (showing the pics), and that's what gave him away...
    That is an interesting way to prevent people from learning. Wave your hands and yell real loud as if Godzilla is coming so everyone gets scared.

I would ask a question of any person who is reading this. Why would someone want to prevent you from learning something? To me, the only people that would want to stop me from learning something would be bad people. Someone who wanted to hold me back so that they could take advantage of me.

Anytime you see someone banned or a message censored or a person going to extreme lengths to stop someone else from talking, I think a thoughtful person would have to ask themselves why? Why is it so important to that person to stop what is being said?

You are an adult. You are perfectly capable of making your own decisions. You can listen and look at what is said, then decide on your own terms what it is you do and do not believe.

Why does this other person want to stop you from being your own man? What is he trying to cover up or hide?

You must remember that kung fu is about power. All of us want power. Power to defend ourselves, power to be good members of society, power to protect our families. By it's nature, power is a competitive thing. There is only so much power to go around so people challenge each other over it.

Some people believe that it is OK to do anything in order to gain power. As a kung fu man it is your job to be on the lookout for these people. If I show up here and offer you something for free, it looks like I am giving you power. If someone shows up and tries to stop me, it looks like they are trying to stop you from gaining the power I want to give you.

Think about it.

Greetings..

Well, i was waiting for the "punch-line", but Chris beat me rto it.. yeah, the MO is too similar.. the poster of about a year ago was hideously pathetic..

Johnny: You have failed to provide any credibility.. you have failed to respond to my question in kind.. so, i will assume Chris has made a correct assumption, as was my own inclination..grab your bag of phobias and move on..

Greetings..

Well, i was waiting for the "punch-line", but Chris beat me rto it.. yeah, the MO is too similar.. the poster of about a year ago was hideously pathetic..

Johnny: You have failed to provide any credibility.. you have failed to respond to my question in kind.. so, i will assume Chris has made a correct assumption, as was my own inclination..grab your bag of phobias and move on..
    Gotcha huh bob? You got nothing. You are nothing. No knowledge. Just a bag of hot air blowing wind across the forums

It has been bothering me from the minute I read your reply. You thought the man might have been holding a weapon? Or that his arm might be inside of his clothes?

And you are a kung fu man?

A kung fu man has the ability to read the body language of another person to a high degree. If your "tai chi skill" tells you that a man with his hand at his side in a public area is holding a weapon or has his hand inside of his shirt, then your Tai Chi skill is worthless.

You are a coward. You are so afraid that you will not even participate in this simple experiment because you know for a fact that you will be exposed for the fraud you are.

Run away little man. Run away as fast as your legs can carry you.

Greetings..

Without a doubt, Johnny..you are too weird for words.. i'm just guessin', but.. if the individual's arm wasn't "in the attire", it would be exposed.. now, just for giggles, try and follow that logic.. "inside the attire" means just that, inside the coat sleeve, inside the sleeve of the shirt, etc.. whew!! you're slower than evolution (which seems to have passed you by)..
    You are a coward. You are so afraid that you will not even participate in this simple experiment because you know for a fact that you will be exposed for the fraud you are.
    My goodness, kid.. surely you can do better than that, even with your sub-human intellect you should be able to do better.. and, calling someone a "coward" can have some really strange karma attached to it, you pathetic oaf.. no, i will no longer "participate", you've had way too much time out of your cell already..
    It has been bothering me from the minute I read your reply. You thought the man might have been holding a weapon? Or that his arm might be inside of his clothes?
    Kid, i've sat across the table from folks in that posture that most certainly had a pistol aimed at me (and vice versa).. so don't BS me.. Rethink the shirt/arm comment and quit grasping at straws..

Look, we're done.. you fail miserably on all levels.. go drool over your disturbed interpretation of pictures.. Post away, foolishly, if you choose..

Johnny, you have yet to either:

a) say anything with any actual content, or

b) respond with answers to any of the questions asked of you (e.g. who have you trained under, where, how long, what style, etc.).

Until you do so, you really shouldn't expect anyone to take your BS posts seriously. Further, your failure to deny that you are, in fact, the same bizarre member who posted, and was banned, a year ago implies that that accusation may well be factual.

You're a troll of the highest order, deluded and self-righteous. I suspect that you are the "fluff head," gleaning all your information from books and movies (as opposed to actual training).

It's quite a bit of fun to watch how you dig deeper and deeper holes for yourself... Every word you type just makes you look worse than you already do.
    Matt Stone