Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mantak Chia

Mantak Chia

hey all,
    i was wondering what the people here thought of his stuff?is he for real?
    all opinions welcome
    thx

Very good stuff. The books are much better then the videos. Maybe he has a bunch of new stuff nowadays, tho.

strike!

I like M Winns Healing Dao stuff.I have been doing his 5 animals do 6 healing sounds every morning and absolutly love it.Even my wife who is not into this kind of stuff at all does it every day after work because it is hands down the best stress reliever she has found.

It's crap and Winn is worse.

Its not crap to me. I have benefitted greatly from Winns 5 animals/healing sounds and inner smile.

I like him alot. It is more meditation and chi kung, not martial arts. Good stuff though, and traditional.

Mantaks information is very deep, sometimes confusing but he has alot of info one can grasp.

I would like to do the Chi Nei Tsang Internal organ massage course, as it can be applied to my remedial massage therapy, reiki etc. I know someone doing his Iron Shirt, inner smile, chi nei tsang, mirco orbit and has many years in kung fu already, says this is by far the deepest information on chi kung around and that you can attain the levels mantak says!

The guy seems overly obsessed with his willy. He'll teach you his magical mystical "Iron Shirt" in a weekend seminar for the paltry sum of $600, though!

Quote Originally Posted by scholar
    The guy seems overly obsessed with his willy. He'll teach you his magical mystical "Iron Shirt" in a weekend seminar for the paltry sum of $600, though!

Interest is only an obsession to a negative person. Maybe he knows something you don't? Like your willy is one of the major energy sources in your body. Or that you are literally a big walking willy.

U really shouldn't bad mouth a good guy unless you know what you are talking about or you have personally met him and have a basis for your implications.

Greetings..

Mantak Chia presents information with certain claims. "your mission, if you decide to accept it", is to determine for yourself the validity of the information.. Personally, i have found some of his stuff to be quite useful.. other of his stuff a bit too far removed from my own path.. but, not necessarily invalid.. too often, we let personal preference become asserted prejudice..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMnemonic
    Interest is only an obsession to a negative person. Maybe he knows something you don't? Like your willy is one of the major energy sources in your body. Or that you are literally a big walking willy.
    What energy?

Greetings..

What energy?
    The energy that animates these otherwise inert elements, and compounds into a living being..

Be well..

What is this energy made of?

I've had some experience with Chia and others of his ilk, as well as experience repairing the damage he has caused in several people I know with his out of balance (willy-centric?) teachings.

Answering the last two posts that addressed mine; It is said that I am negative and prejudiced, but the irony is that the arguments used against me apply equally well to the people making the argument. In other words, the people saying I sling mud don't mind slinging mud at me, whom they don't know. People asked for opinions, but other people seemingly don't appreciate an opinion that differs from their own. You'll have to consider, maybe I'm a good guy, kind, well trained, who cares about his art, his teachers and his students. You don't know one way or the other, so saying otherwise reveals a bit af a negative prejudice towards me. I don't take offense, how could I? Maybe someone will appreciate this when the time is right, maybe not.

So, as far as I am concerned, give Mantak Chia your money if it makes you happy. Groups like that: Falungong, Taoist T'ai Chi society, etc., all occupy the gullible comic book reading students who want "superpowers" and would waste my time. In that, they do me and my colleagues and peers as service. I just hope that at least partially offsets the damage they do to people with their personality-driven teaching hierarchy, crap technique and shameless hucksterism.
    Last edited by scholar; 08-07-2006 at 06:03 AM.

Greetings..

Flying-Monkey: It is the dynamic interplay of Yin/Yang.. it is made of imbalance and the change needed to return to balance.. potential difference..

scholar: I am not given to take things at face value, so.. i have heard conflicting views on Mantak Chia, and decided to do a bit of research.. and, it seems that there are both beneficial and harmful contents to his perspectives and teachings.. it is my nature to discard the stuff contrary to my own journey and assimilate the stuff i find helpful.. so, rather than trash the guy, i usually offer words of caution and mention that, while there may be usefulness, there is also danger, procede accordingly.. I accept your opinion with the same consideration, without judging you as a person.. First, i don't know you except by the words you enter here.. and, second, i wouldn't want to alienate you as it seems that you may have wisdom to share.. anyway, this prespective works for me..

Be well..