Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mantak Chia

I don't understand what that means. Could you explain it in plain words.

Greetings..

Energy isn't "made" of anything.. it is what all things are made of.. everything is energy behaving in different ways.. Energy is the source, consciousness is that which shapes the source into reality.. from that understanding, Yi (consciousness) leads Qi (energy), the rest is up to the individual.. have fun!!

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Well (Total energy of a system) = u = 1/2mv^2 or E = Mc^2 = gamma*mc^2 = (mc^2)/ (1 - v^2/c^2)^(1/2). But this is only for kinetic energy. It seems like you are mixing physical concepts in a strange way. What other energy are you talking about?

Greetings..

Flying-Monkey: Rather than conduct an on-line course in advanced particle physics, unified field theory, or Zero Point Field dynamics.. read "The Field", by Lynn McTaggert.. Science is advancing rapidly into the unknown, old "truths" are being replaced by the evidence gained from advanced techniques for observation and measurement.. stay current and be open-minded!

Be well..

I am current. Physics are weird when you get down to sub-atomic level. However, all of that stuff can be explained by classical physics. There is no strange or magical energy.

Greetings..

However, all of that stuff can be explained by classical physics. There is no strange or magical energy.
    LOL.. if that were so, physics would be a dead science.. Physics are progressing daily, it is the closed mind that sees no "magic", no challenge to the existing theories.. Physics are still in their infancy, it is absurd to suppose that everything can be explained by "classical" physics.. or by any current physics.. but, that is the way of things, we will believe what we choose.. I don't think of it as "magic", just phenomena that hasn't been explained, YET.. Biophysics readily admit that there is much to be explained about the subtle workings of the human body, i say let's give them a chance.. we might be surprised!

Be well..

Quote Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey
    Well (Total energy of a system) = u = 1/2mv^2 or E = Mc^2 = gamma*mc^2 = (mc^2)/ (1 - v^2/c^2)^(1/2). But this is only for kinetic energy. It seems like you are mixing physical concepts in a strange way. What other energy are you talking about?

err, if I still remember my Thermodynamics. total energy = potential + kinetic energy.
    dazed and confused

I never stated that classical physics explain everything. It can explain just about all of the feats of Chi gung. A lot of the stuff coming out today is pure theory. A lot of it can't be or is difficult to test.

Wondering monk:

You are correct. I was guess what energy Taichibob is talking about. The second equation is kinetic energy with relative mass. Are you a physics student too?

Greetings..

Thermodynamics are basic Newtonian physics.. Quantum and particle physics are light-years (pun intended) ahead of of that.. now, if you want to get technical, classical physics can be validated by re-introducing the pesky variable as the characteristics of the Zero Point Field.. the field that introduces previously non-existent/non-perceivable energy into our perceivable universe.. it explains why electrons don't run out of energy while spinning madly around the nucleus.. and cancels the notion that the universe will enventually grind to a dead stop.. it also satisfies the variables associated with gravitational force.. and, several governments are funding research into how to harness this source of energy.. it's a new playground for physics.. just to mention one specific area..

Be well..

Quote Originally Posted by scholar
    Answering the last two posts that addressed mine; It is said that I am negative and prejudiced, but the irony is that the arguments used against me apply equally well to the people making the argument. In other words, the people saying I sling mud don't mind slinging mud at me, whom they don't know.
    Sure we know you. We know that you publicly said that Mantak Chia is "obsessed with his willy". Willy is code for the sexual organ. In my travels around the internet, I have found that a very common character assasination technique is to accuse another person of some kind of sexual perversion.

This is what you did. You used negative language, "obsessed", with the word "willy". You know what you did and I know what you did.

I didn't think you enlightened types ran away from the responsibility for your words?

People asked for opinions, but other people seemingly don't appreciate an opinion that differs from their own. You'll have to consider, maybe I'm a good guy, kind, well trained, who cares about his art, his teachers and his students. You don't know one way or the other, so saying otherwise reveals a bit af a negative prejudice towards me. I don't take offense, how could I? Maybe someone will appreciate this when the time is right, maybe not.
    "Maybe someone will appreciate this at the right time". Aaaaaooooogah! Aaaaaaoooogah! Blowhard alert! Blowhard alert!

Again. You made a negative comment about Mantak Chia. You started this. Then when someone gives it back to you, suddenly you are hurt and being unfairly characterized. You may be a nice guy, blah, blah, blah. You said negative things about Mantak Chia. Admit it.

So, as far as I am concerned, give Mantak Chia your money if it makes you happy. Groups like that: Falungong, Taoist T'ai Chi society, etc., all occupy the gullible comic book reading students who want "superpowers" and would waste my time. In that, they do me and my colleagues and peers as service. I just hope that at least partially offsets the damage they do to people with their personality-driven teaching hierarchy, crap technique and shameless hucksterism.
    And in the end, the so called "enlightened" person proves himself to be full of baloney. He goes on and on about how he is a good guy and he is being mischaracterized. Then he ends the post with more negative comments.

"Mantak Chia.......crap technique and shameless hucksterism."

Admit it. YOU are the person you are accusing us of being. YOU are the one talking smack. Grow some testicles and quit complaining when it is returned to you.

I never stated that classical physics explain everything. It can explain just about all of the feats of Chi gung. A lot of the stuff coming out today is pure theory. A lot of it can't be or is difficult to test.
    Hiya Monkey! To me it looks like you are trying to set a trap. I would ignore TaiChiBob if I was you. He will waste your time. I been around here for a few years. TaiChiBob always answers with paragraphs of buzzwords or a recommendation to go read and come back when you are smarter. That is how he portrays himself as knowledgeable.

TaiChiBob? I know you will be unhappy about that. If you really are a Tai Chi man, you know that you need to look in the mirror and face yourself. If you really are a blowhard you need to admit that to yourself and quit wasting people's time by having them talk to you because they believe you when you say you have an answer.

If you really are as smart as you say, why can't you get your ideas across to others in a way they can understand? If you are the smartest man in the world but you are unable to communicate that knowledge to anyone, what good is the knowledge or you?

Monkey? I will fall into your trap. What do you want? You want to know what energy is involved in Kung Fu? It is an energy like electromagnetic energy. It has the properties of electromagnetic energy. It is invisible. It can move through any medium with varying speeds. It can enact changes in physical objects.

Your turn. Spring your trap on me. I need to wake you up so you can see reality instead of all those lies they fill your head with at school.

Greetings..

Hi Johnny, thanks for noticing.. oh, by the way.. you might want to invest in a few mirrors of your own.. your sanctimonious and condescending attitude mixed with liberal doses of self-righteousness is just what this forum needs more of.... but, i give credit where credit is due, electro-magnetism is a good start.. but, it's just a start..

Be well..

Quantum Theory abides by the laws of thermodynamics. if it didn't, that theory would be thrown out the window. Actually, statistical quantum theory shows this.

John:

I don't claim to be any smarter than the next man. My point is that this "energy" term people throw around doesn't exist. It is all training and body conditioning

Look. talk to any prof. or physics student, and they will say basically the same thing about this stuff. Even most of the crazys would too.

My point is that this "energy" term people throw around doesn't exist. It is all training and body conditioning
    Which energy term is that? Be specific. You have the ability to lie in wait for someone, then spring a physics formula on them. You want us to beleive you are intelligent and educated.

Why do you have trouble clearly enunciating what it is you mean by energy?