Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FORBIDDEN KINGDOM: the movie

Thumbs up FORBIDDEN KINGDOM: the movie

I heard about it a while ago on Cinescape, that they both signed on to do a movie together, and even though there wasn't a script yet. Does anyone know what happened with that, and can give us an update? Thanx.

yeah. its true. its on both their websites.

Is there anything else about it? Like a name for the movie, date for when they start shooting, screenplay, something?

I heard that rumor like a year before but I thought that someone's manager/agent/whatever came out and denied them as just rumours. IF this will ever happen it will be the greatest movie in history. Period
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Well, friends, the script is done. It was just on the news, and a good friend of mine was kind enought to call and let me listen to the story over the phone. Whats it gonna be called? I missed the name...
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Maybe your friend caught it????

Jet & Jackie in Forbidden Kingdom

While this isn't really new to most of us here, I found a recent article and figured I'd share it. Still a rather nebulous project at this point, but we can all hope. Near the end of the article, Jackie also responds about his drunken hijinks at the Jonathan Lee concert in Hong Kong last month.

Original article: http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D8J7ONE81.html

Jackie Chan: Movie Deal With Jet Li Near
    Aug 1, 1:12 PM (ET)

By MIN LEE

HONG KONG (AP) - A movie costarring two of the biggest names in kung fu cinema - Jackie Chan and Jet Li - is nearly a sealed deal, with the only outstanding issue being the script, Chan said Tuesday.

"All the hurdles have been overcome. The only problem left is the script," Chan told The Associated Press after a press conference to promote his new action comedy, "Rob-B-Hood."

"We need a script that he approves and I approve. If that goes well, shooting will start in March or April in Shanghai," he said.

Asked about the plot, Chan suggested it will be action-oriented fare, saying he and Li must defer to the movie's Hollywood backers.

"It will be more American-style. It will be more suited to foreign audiences than Chinese audiences," he said. "If you make a Hollywood movie, of course you have to follow their wishes. They're paying us so much money."

He also revealed he will soon start shooting the third installment of the popular action comedy series "Rush Hour" with Chris Tucker, spending about a dozen days in France starting in September, followed by 10 days of shooting in New York and further filming in Los Angeles. He said the movie will wrap by March or April next year.

To cap off a busy filming schedule, Chan said he is also due to shoot a film in Japan that translates as "Shinjuku Incident" with Hong Kong director Derek Yee. He declined to reveal the plot, only saying it is based on a true story.

Asked about a recent Hong Kong pop concert that Chan disrupted with a surprise, somewhat drunken appearance on stage, he said he's resigned to the fact that his actions generate news.

"I'm used to it. I'll definitely be written about. I don't blame the writers," he said.

Chan appeared unannounced on stage at Taiwanese singer-songwriter Jonathan Lee's concert in Hong Kong last month. He then insulted the band and replied to heckles from the audience with a coarse insult.

But Chan, who has apologized for the incident, expressed frustration at the level of attention it drew.

"Everyone in the world has made mistakes, but it's just that we're celebrities. TV station managers, magazine editors, who doesn't drink, who doesn't get drunk?" Chan said.
    The Eye Half-Shut:
    Part of the Truth Revealed
    http://rubesroost.blogspot.com

good article

I still doubt they will ever make a movie togethter. Meltdown starring Jet Li and Jackie Chan err, Jackei Cheung I mean was just a little too forward making fun of Jackie.

And what is up with Jet? He says he is done with martial arts movies. Next thing we hear about is "the one" part 2 or some crap like that and then the tsui hark film, and now this?
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Yep, Im confused .Thought Fearless was going to be Jet's last "action" film??? Hmmm, not sure what to make of it!
    I am however, very much looking forward to watching Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin tomorrow!

check out the list of movies I just gor not too long ago

Sonny CHiba 5 pack-samurai reicarnation, killing mchine, shogun's ninja, the bodyguard, dragon princess.

Sonny Chiba 3-pack-The executioner, Golgo 13, Bulllet Train(I think).

Jet Li 3-pack- Shaolin Temple 1 and 2 and that crap movie Born to Defense(that is really what it's called).

Buddhis Fist(pretty good old school kung fu)

More chiba-G.I. Samurai, Karate for life

18 fatal strikes

Fist of legends 2

Legacy of Rage(decent)

Pride Fighting championships 1-5 box set

UFC 52 and another one

can't remember them all but I got each of those items on a 3 for $10 deal even the Pride , and the 5 and 3 packs! I may never have to buy movies again
    Last edited by jethro; 08-04-2006 at 05:57 PM.
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

Jackie Chan & Jet Li team up

Jackie Chan and Jet Li are close to signing onto a film, together!

"All the hurdles have been overcome. The only problem left is the script.
    We need a script that he approves and I approve. If that goes well, shooting will start in March or April
    in Shanghai" Chan told The Associated Press after a press conference to promote his new action comedy,
    "Rob-B-Hood."

He went onto confirm that it will obviously be action oriented. "It will be more American-style. It will be
    more suited to foreign audiences than Chinese audiences."

from an industry memo

I'd be interested to see those two in a movie together.

Quote Originally Posted by The Xia
    I'd be interested to see those two in a movie together.

ya think

Quote Originally Posted by Su Lin
    Yep, Im confused .Thought Fearless was going to be Jet's last "action" film??? Hmmm, not sure what to make of it!
    I am however, very much looking forward to watching Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin tomorrow!
    He said "Fearless" is going to be his last Kung Fu movie, not action movie. What does he mean by not doing any more Kung Fu movies but still doing action movies? After "Fearless", we probably won't see anymore great fight scenes from him.

Jackie's right about the media needing to lay off of him. We've all gotten drunk and acted like an idiot at some time or another. And it's not like he got a DUI and then went on an anti-semitic rant or something crazy like that. And besides, he is the Drunken Mastah!
    I sure hope Jet keeps making kung fu flicks. If not for Fist of Legend I never would have known how to deal with an evil samurai using just my belt. That's knowledge that'll help you in real life.

Brian
    Last edited by brianK; 08-09-2006 at 05:55 PM.
    "I will annihilate you using a combination of martial taiji, bagua, and krav maga. Now grab my arm with one hand on my wrist and the other one on my elbow... it has to be right on the elbow or it won't work." -Dale Gribble