Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: FORBIDDEN KINGDOM: the movie

Quote Originally Posted by brianK
    Jackie's right about the media needing to lay off of him. We've all gotten drunk and acted like an idiot at some time or another. And it's not like he got a DUI and then went on an anti-semitic rant or something crazy like that. And besides, he is the Drunken Mastah!
    I sure hope Jet keeps making kung fu flicks. If not for Fist of Legend I never would have known how to deal with an evil samurai using just my belt. That's knowledge that'll help you in real life.

Brian

Jet and Jackie possibly hooking up with Dead Alive's Peter Jackson! Pete Jackson also directed Lord of the rings and heavenly creatures

I don't think this thing can get anymore wierd, any thoughts?
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    Jet and Jackie possibly hooking up with Dead Alive's Peter Jackson! Pete Jackson also directed Lord of the rings and heavenly creatures

No one has heard, here is the article posted by KF cinema.

"China-based newspaper Star Daily reports that Peter Jackson is being sought as director for an upcoming Jackie Chan-Jet Li movie project. According to Monkeypeaches, the news source cites an anonymous insider for the tip. Jet Li has also reportedly been offered $9 million for his participation. But wait, there's more.

In an earlier posting, Monkeypeaches also cited The Beijing News for carrying an article on a likely story for the Chan-Li project. It appears to be inspired by China's classic fable Journey to the West. In a twist on the original story, screenwriter John Fusco (Hildago) has a teenage boy in present-day New York with a passion for kung fu movies whisked away to ancient China after picking up a magic cudgel from a pawnshop owner. The cudgel belongs to the Monkey King and in an effort to find a way home the boy searches for the imprisoned anti-hero to free him from his long confinement at the hands of the God of the Heavens. In doing so, the boy learns about the true meaning of kung fu and the redeemed Monkey King is free to go on his epic journey after helping his rescuer to get back to his own time.

The current rumor is that Li will play the Monkey King himself while Chan will play “Lan Caihe,” one of the Eight Immortals who aids the boy in his quest.

The film is reportedly being jointly produced on both sides of the Pacific by Casey Silver Productions, Relativity Media and Shanghai Film Studios. Bill Badalato (Around the World in 80 Days) is attached as one of the producers.

A time-traveling Journey to the West screen adaptation isn’t a new idea. In 1995, Stephen Chow (Kung Fu Hustle) played a reincarnation of the Monkey King who, having stepped out of time in present day Hong Kong, reluctantly goes back to fulfill his destiny in the entertaining two-part, comedy adventure series A Chinese Odyssey. Six years later Russell Wong (Romeo Must Die) starred as the Monkey King along with Bai Ling in The Lost Empire, a poorly-received network TV movie that followed an American journalist’s trip through time where he frees the Monkey King and fights by his side.

Jackie Chan is presently promoting his latest completed film, Rob-B-Hood, an action comedy scheduled for release in Asia in September. The action star is also getting ready to step into a third Rush Hour movie with returning co-star Chris Tucker.

Jet Li is just as busy with the U.S. release of his Huo Yuanjia kung fu biopic Fearless coming to theaters Sept. 22nd and his next feature, Rogue, already in post-production and slated for release in 2007."

This is definitely not sure fire but does look like it could be good.
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

this is how it went!

jet li: i don't want to do martial arts films no more i want to do regular acting!

producers: B!tch you can't act you better stick to kicking and punching thas what you do.

jet li: but i'm tired of it and my knees hurt!

producer(pulls out contract): well this here says we got five more film out your ass, and trust me there not going to be no romance comedy with, jennifer aniston. hey don't you wushu guys have a saying "eat bitter"

jet li : yeah and?

producer(whips out lemon): chow down cause ur not going anywhere.

Peter Jackson to direct Chan-Li Kung Fu classic

Peter Jackson to direct Chan-Li Kung Fu classic

Melbourne, Aug 16: King Kong director Peter Jackson may soon be at the helm of a new film that would team up martial-arts greats Jackie Chan and Jet Li.

Jackson may either direct the untitled film or produce it. According to Moviehole Li will portray the villain, and Chan as the hero.

Chan recently said the movie, which starts filming next March or April, "will be more American-style.

“It will be more suited to foreign audiences than Chinese audiences. If you make a Hollywood movie, of course you have to follow their wishes. They're paying us so much money,” he added.

Bureau Report with inputs from ANI

“Whether he does it or not, Chan and Li are making a fortune to participate. Jet is reportedly being paid a hefty $9 million to play the film's villain, and Jackie Chan has said on the record that, "they're paying us so much money." There's a reason for that. The untitled film is supposed to be a more Americanized action movie, and Jackie only does those when he wants a big paycheck. “ Cinema Blend-Josh Tyler”

more rumors

There was that old rumor about Jackie and Jet teaming under Zhang Yimou last year.

Zhang Yimou Might Unite Jackie Chan and Jet Li in his Fourth Martial Art Film
    August 17, 2005
    During an interview with Chinese newspaper Nanfang Daily, director Zhang Yimou's partner producer Zhang Weiping said they were still working on the script for the long-awaited project with Jackie Chan and they might even ask Jet Li to join the cast as well. Zhang Weiping said this film would show a completely new Jackie Chan and would not be another Jackie Chan comedy. Jackie Chan is very excited by the project but Jet Li has said he would not do any more martial art films unless he finds a really good script. Both of them said they had been looking for an opportunity to work in the same film. Zhang Yimou will do his third martial art film with Chow Yun-Fat and Gong Li first and the shooting will begin in February next year.
    Maybe mid August is the time Jackie and Jet release these rumors....
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

i think jackie chan would do better as the monkey king IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    i think jackie chan would do better as the monkey king IMO

I have to obviously second that.

jet li and jackie chan in same movie????!!!

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/2...455200300.html
    an article says hes in talks to be in mummy 3. but....
    last paragraph

"Li is now in preproduction on an untitled project, which teams him with Jackie Chan. Li was last seen in Rogue Pictures' "Fearless.""

anyone else know anything??
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

Old news, gwa sow, so I merged it with the old thread

I think the Mummy project is actually more intriguing news.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

whoops sorry, i rarely wonder over to this side of the forum
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

Angarano?

Angarano kicking it with Chan, Li
    By Borys Kit

March 23, 2007
    Michael Angarano is in final negotiations to star alongside Jackie Chan and Jet Li in the untitled J&J project. Rob Minkoff is directing, while Casey Silver produces.

Angarano will play a troubled 17-year-old wannabe kung fu warrior who, after a humiliating defeat at the hands of a street gang, is sent back in time to ancient China on an impossible mission to set free the imprisoned Monkey King (Li) and return to him his all-powerful staff. John Fusco wrote the script.

The project is due to start filming in early May in China.

Ryan Kavanaugh and Raffaella De Laurentiis are executive producing. Relativity Media is financing.

Angarano, repped by ICM and Coast to Coast, recently starred in Columbia Pictures' "Lords of Dogtown" and the Walt Disney Co.'s "Sky High." His upcoming projects include "Snow Angels" with Kate Beckinsale, "The Final Season" with Sean Astin and Rachael Leigh Cook and "Man in the Chair" with Christopher Plummer.
    I think I've seen this movie a hundred times before already...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Sounds like another sub-par Hollywood movie with Jackie Chan in supporting role to make a star out of yet another little-known up-and-comer.

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post

Sounds like we've got our Bilbo Baggins and our Gollem for the Hobbit right there!

Quote Originally Posted by The Xia View Post
    He said "Fearless" is going to be his last Kung Fu movie, not action movie. What does he mean by not doing any more Kung Fu movies but still doing action movies? After "Fearless", we probably won't see anymore great fight scenes from him.
    What i understood from the last KFM interview with Jet is that Fearless will be his last "martial art" movie, meaning a movie which has an MA philosophical message, in this case his view on the subject. In other words he'll still be doing kung fu/action movies but not "martial arts" movies.

boooo!!!!it gonna suck

well rob minkoff does alot of kid stuff so this is def. gonna be a pg film, thats one. two don't hope for a fight with jet and jackie and if there is one don't hope for a good one(anybody remember jackie's two wack a$$ fights with donnie) i don't know why but it seems to me like jackie doesn't like to be showed up. i remember when i saw police story 2 and michelle did that motor bike stunt jackie had to do the helicopter thing to try and top it. now i'm a fan of jackie like everyone else i'm just making a observation. man i rather just wait for city with no mercy(called,flashpoint now) to come out so i can see an awesome fight between collin chou and donnie yen.
    Last edited by doug maverick; 03-27-2007 at 08:16 AM.