Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: FORBIDDEN KINGDOM: the movie

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    jet li: i don't want to do martial arts films no more i want to do regular acting!

producers: B!tch you can't act you better stick to kicking and punching thas what you do.

jet li: but i'm tired of it and my knees hurt!

producer(pulls out contract): well this here says we got five more film out your ass, and trust me there not going to be no romance comedy with, jennifer aniston. hey don't you wushu guys have a saying "eat bitter"

jet li : yeah and?

producer(whips out lemon): chow down cause ur not going anywhere.
    LOLz funniest thing i've read so far, i'm having that in my sig LOLz

Lionsgate announced the project is on

Superstars Jackie Chan and Jet Li to Pair for First Time in Lionsgate Action Epic THE FORBIDDEN KINGDOM

Relativity Media to Finance and Casey Silver Productions to Produce

Principal Photography Begins May 2nd in China, Under Director Rob Minkoff

SANTA MONICA, Calif., April 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Lionsgate (NYSE:LGF) , the leading independent filmed entertainment studio, announced today that principal photography on the action epic THE FORBIDDEN KINGDOM will begin on May 2nd in China. Directed by Rob Minkoff (STUART LITTLE, THE LION KING), the film marks the first-ever onscreen pairing of martial arts superstars Jackie Chan (RUSH HOUR, DRUNKEN MASTER) and Jet Li (FEARLESS, ONCE UPON A TIME IN CHINA). The original screenplay by John Fusco (YOUNG GUNS, HIDALGO) is based on the traditional Chinese legend of the Monkey King. The film is produced by Casey Silver (LADDER 49, HIDALGO, the upcoming LEATHERHEADS, currently filming in South Carolina with director/star George Clooney and Renee Zellweger) of Casey Silver Productions. Relativity Media is financing the film, with the company's Ryan Kavanaugh (3:10 TO YUMA, TALLEDEGA NIGHTS: THE BALLAD OF RICKY BOBBY) serving as executive producer. Renowned action choreographer Wo Ping (THE MATRIX, CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON) is creating the fight sequences, and the director of photography is Peter Pau (CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON). Overseeing the production for Lionsgate are President of Theatrical Films Tom Ortenberg, President of Film Production Mike Paseornek, and President of Acquisitions and Co-Productions Peter Block. The announcement was made today by Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer.

Lionsgate plans a U.S. theatrical release in Summer 2008 and will co-release the film with The Weinstein Company. Lionsgate UK will self-distribute the film in the United Kingdom. The Weinstein Company will handle distribution in Spain, France and Latin America. Relativity Media will be handling foreign sales on the picture.

"THE FORBIDDEN KINGDOM has all the makings of a modern classic, and we are thrilled to fly its flag at Lionsgate," said Feltheimer. "Casey Silver scored a real coup in bringing together two titans of martial arts, Jackie Chan and Jet Li, for their first onscreen pairing. He also gave them a project that is absolutely worthy of their talents, built upon a very savvy script that combines Chinese legend with the story of a modern, kung-fu obsessed teenager. And Rob Minkoff is the ideal director to handle the film's combination of heart, head and lightning-fast limbs."

Commented Silver, "It's an honor to be working with Jackie and Jet, and a testament to the quality of John's script. Rob's passion and perspective on the movie promise an exciting ride for the audience. We're also terribly excited by the opportunity to collaborate with action director Wo Ping, DP Peter Pau, and a host of exceptionally talented performers and technicians from Asian cinema. Relativity has been a staunch advocate for the movie and I'm thrilled that we have the feisty folks at Lionsgate behind the release of the movie."

Said Kavanaugh, "We are very pleased to be partnering with Lionsgate again, and could not think of a better marketing and distribution platform for this film. We have truly enjoyed working with Casey on this project and know that his vision along with Rob Minkoff's will bring this adventure to life."

SYNOPSIS
    An American teenager who is obsessed with Hong Kong cinema and kung-fu classics makes an extraordinary discovery in a Chinatown pawnshop: the legendary stick weapon of the Chinese sage and warrior, the Monkey King. With the lost relic in hand, the teenager unexpectedly finds himself traveling back to ancient China to join a crew of warriors from martial arts lore on a dangerous quest to free the imprisoned Monkey King.

ABOUT RELATIVITY MEDIA
    Relativity Media, LLC is a financing, consulting and production company that utilizes both traditional and non-traditional channels in order to raise production and distribution funds, both for major studios and independent production entities. To date, Relativity has structured and consummated more than $4.22 billion in production slate financings. Relativity most recently provided financing for such films as TALLADEGA NIGHTS: THE BALLAD OF RICKY BOBBY starring Will Ferrell, RV starring Robin Williams, THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS: TOKYO DRIFT, the animated film MONSTER HOUSE, and INSIDE MAN starring Denzel Washington. Films financed by Relativity that are currently in production include James Mangold's 3:10 TO YUMA, starring Russell Crowe and Christian Bale and THE FORBIDDEN KINGDOM, starring Jackie Chan and Jet Li.

ABOUT LIONSGATE
    Lionsgate is the leading independent filmed entertainment studio, winning the 2006 Best Picture Academy Award(R) for CRASH, generating two consecutive years of $300 million-plus domestic theatrical box office, operating a $500 million-plus home entertainment business and producing a broad slate of prime time television series for fiscal 2007. It is a premier producer and distributor of motion pictures, television programming, home entertainment, family entertainment, and video-on-demand content. Its prestigious and prolific library of more than 10,000 titles is a valuable source of stable, recurring revenue and a foundation for the growth of the Company's core businesses. The Lionsgate brand is synonymous with original, daring, quality entertainment in markets around the world.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

yeah i agree jackie would make better monkey king. jet would make better monk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Directed by Rob Minkoff?

I think Jackie would make a better Stuart Little and Jet would make a better Lion King. Given the direction, I'm skeptical we'll get what we all really want out of this - the Jackie vs. Jet fight.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I don't think we'll see a good Jackie/Jet fight in this movie because 1: It's an American film. 2: It sounds like a kiddie/teen fantasy. 3: The real focus of the movie will be the guy playing the teen and Jackie and Jet will probably be acting as the frame while the kid will be the picture, though their names will be the main draw.

I'm not even sure a Jackie/Jet fight would come off very well in any event. After the way Jackie looked in New Police Story, it might be too late already. And I don't like to say that, but that's my observation.

even if it it was made in hong kong

it will still suck, jackie doesn't like to share the lime light think about the two donnie yen fights one was american the other was chinese and they both sucked donkey balls. i heard that a fight between the two has been confirmed but it doesn't mean anything its gonna suck this movie is gonna suck again i say booooooooooooooo....... but then again yuen woo ping is doing th choreo so who knows

Just off the top of my head, is Jet the biggest named actor Jackie has ever worked with? I would put him above Owen WIlson, but that is all I can think of. I agree Doug, he doesn't like to share the limelight.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Jackie co-stars

You're forgetting a lot of Jackie films. Jackie has worked with Ryan O'Neal, Eric Idle, Coolio, Sylvester Stallone, Whoopi Goldberg, Burt Reynolds, Farah Fawcett, Roger Morre, Dean Martin, Peter Fonda, Sammy Davis Jr.... and many, many more...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I don't remembre him working with some of those actors, but I am sure it was before he became big in America.
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

he did

cannon ball run buddy how old are you?

I said I don't remember him working with SOME of those actors. I don't remember Sylvestr Stallone or Coolio in Cannonball Run, but it has been a while since I have seen it.

And also, like I said, I don't think jackie worked with any big actors besides Owen Wilson once he became big in Amercia, and that was LONGGG after Cannonball Run.
    Last edited by jethro; 05-21-2007 at 04:24 PM.

Burn Hollywood Burn

An Alan Smithee Film: Burn Hollywood Burn is considered one of the worst films of all time by many. It was about the making of a fictional film titled Trio starring Sly, Whoopi and Jackie. Brought to us by that wizard of bad film, the man behind Showgirls, Joe Eszterhas.

I don't think you can call yourself a true Jackie Chan fan unless you've suffered through BHB. There's no fight scene whatsoever, but you get to see Jackie with Sly and Whoopi telling the audience to **** off.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

so funny

that its a bad movie about a bad movie. directors who direct bad movies for the money or whatever usual put alan smithie on the credit instead of their name. i got an alan smithie credit won't tell you the films name thou. kurt wong(the big hit) has one as well.

That movie sounds really bad. I have to see it!

yes you do

but its not one of those its so bad its good deals. its just bad.