Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: FORBIDDEN KINGDOM: the movie

i've changed my opinion on....

forbidden kingdom. originally i was [art of the nay sayer group but after watching the teaser and seeing the full cast line up(jet li, jackie chan, collin chou, wu jing) i gotta say this movie is going to be awesome just for action alone. all it needed was donnie yen and sammo hung to round it out as having all the top martial arts actors in hong kong in the film.

We've been waiting a long time for Jackie Chan and Jet Li to work on a collaboration. So, they are finally doing it with Forbidden Kingdom and I personally cannot wait to see it.

I was able to get a little bit of the plot summary. Plus, I was fortunate enough to have read a bit of the original Journey to the West (only part of the first volume).

There are high expectations with the choreography (at least for me) because both Chan and Li execute their Kung Fu very differently. It will be very interesting to see.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

don;t have high expectations for the choreagraphy. jackie has way tomany injuries and jet is way to out of shape to put togather soemthing truly amazing. but i think the fights are gonna look good. both jet and jackie told the public don;t get your hopes up

Well, I understand where you are coming from but I believe they still got it...so to speak.

Jackie's injuries may be taking a toll on him but that will not stop his creativity. He's been doing this for most of his life, so I think he still has some tricks up his sleeve. And he seems to persevere even through his worst injuries.

Jet is still a phenomenal martial artist. He may not be as quick as he was before but he still has speed and technique.

I'm sure when they collaborated, they came up with something good. The trailer showed some nice stuff (if indeed that was the actual trailer). It was like waiting for Fearless to be released.

In any case, it will be a good treat for any martial arts fan...at least we can agree on that
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

in any case i can;t wait to see it. i never been to much of a jet li fan. always been a big jackie fan, my mother practically drilled jackie chan movies in my head since i was a kid and she is his biggest fan(they even share the same birthday and are the saem agae) although except for the rush hour series she doesn;t care much for his american stuff. me personally i'm a big donnie yen fan, and have been for the past ten years and i'm happy all those guys are out of hing kong so my man donnie could shine he's the saviour of hong kong action. and he's the same age as jet and still moves twice as fast.

PS. jet hasn't looked good since hung yan yan stoped doubling for him.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    in any case i can;t wait to see it. i never been to much of a jet li fan. always been a big jackie fan, my mother practically drilled jackie chan movies in my head since i was a kid and she is his biggest fan(they even share the same birthday and are the saem agae) although except for the rush hour series she doesn;t care much for his american stuff. me personally i'm a big donnie yen fan, and have been for the past ten years and i'm happy all those guys are out of hing kong so my man donnie could shine he's the saviour of hong kong action. and he's the same age as jet and still moves twice as fast.

PS. jet hasn't looked good since hung yan yan stoped doubling for him.
    I haven't seen much of his work. His supporting roles in movies gives me a glimpse of his talent. He is not a household name like the aforementioned Jackie or Li but I don't doubt his abilities. He has faced off against both the former and the latter mentioned stars.

Anyhow, these period pieces of Chinese history (real and fictional) have always been entertaining for me. I think it was during the shooting of Cradle 2 the Grave, Jet was asked in an interview if he was ever going to work with Jackie.

I've been a Chan fan for a long time. Li caught my attention in Lethal Weapon 4 . After watching Fist of Legend, I knew there was a new action star on the rise in America.

I'm sure your mother is quite the fan. And it would only be natural that she introduced you to her favorite movies. She sounds like a nice person. I get something different when I watch their movies. Each has a unique style, each brings something different to the table. It just makes me wonder what they have in store for us. I would like to hear details about how they disagreed on certain things and if they generally got along with each other. I'm sure they are acquainted (to what extent I do not know) and have a good professional relationship but things change when making a movie.

Since martial arts is about evolution, growing and learning; it will be interesting to see how they perform, what their commentaries are about the movie and how it represents the literature of a rich culture.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

Quote Originally Posted by 冠木侍 View Post
    I haven't seen much of his work. His supporting roles in movies gives me a glimpse of his talent. He is not a household name like the aforementioned Jackie or Li but I don't doubt his abilities. He has faced off against both the former and the latter mentioned stars.

Anyhow, these period pieces of Chinese history (real and fictional) have always been entertaining for me. I think it was during the shooting of Cradle 2 the Grave, Jet was asked in an interview if he was ever going to work with Jackie.

I've been a Chan fan for a long time. Li caught my attention in Lethal Weapon 4 . After watching Fist of Legend, I knew there was a new action star on the rise in America.

I'm sure your mother is quite the fan. And it would only be natural that she introduced you to her favorite movies. She sounds like a nice person. I get something different when I watch their movies. Each has a unique style, each brings something different to the table. It just makes me wonder what they have in store for us. I would like to hear details about how they disagreed on certain things and if they generally got along with each other. I'm sure they are acquainted (to what extent I do not know) and have a good professional relationship but things change when making a movie.

Since martial arts is about evolution, growing and learning; it will be interesting to see how they perform, what their commentaries are about the movie and how it represents the literature of a rich culture.

if you haven;t watched any donnie films go watch them.

sha po lang/killzone

dragon tiger gate

flahpoint

in the line of duty 4

tiger cage 1 and 2

ballistic kiss

legend of the wolf

drunken tai chi

once upon a time in china 2

iron monkey(his performance of wong key ying was one of the most acurate performances in terms of kung fu of the wong family outside of lau kar leungs camp, jet li's performance as wong key ying sucked to me)

seven swords (he stole the movie)

those are some of the best donnie films.

I have some inside info on Forbidden Kingdom...

...but I can't publish it just yet. It's promising. I look forward to any new MA film, but being a lifelong fan of Jackie and Jet, I'm especially looking forward to this one. I think it's fascinating to watch J & J age on screen. It's something we didn't have with Bruce Lee. Chuck Norris has aged, but as we know, he's evolved into something very different. Of course, there have been martial actors past their prime - Kwan Tak Hing comes to mind. Aging presents a totally unique challenge for martial arts stars.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

well this film has to much ma film talent to suck. like i said all it needed was sammo and donnie to make it complete

I will watch when i have time. Thanks for the list.

I've seen movies where he is not in supporting roles;

Highlander: Endgame
    Blade II
    Shanghai Knights
    I remember watching Once Upon A Time in China II a while back

I hope his acting is better utilized when he is the leading actor in the movie. From what I saw of his supporting roles, I really wasn't that impressed. But his fighting is still good.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    ...but I can't publish it just yet. It's promising. I look forward to any new MA film, but being a lifelong fan of Jackie and Jet, I'm especially looking forward to this one. I think it's fascinating to watch J & J age on screen. It's something we didn't have with Bruce Lee. Chuck Norris has aged, but as we know, he's evolved into something very different. Of course, there have been martial actors past their prime - Kwan Tak Hing comes to mind. Aging presents a totally unique challenge for martial arts stars.
    That is similar to my thoughts in a previous post. I think they are still able to deliver. It would be hard to imagine Jackie or Jet past their prime...because they've been with us for so long. Chuck Norris...I checked your link out. Amusing.
    I've seen similar sayings on t-shirts at a certain website (I was looking for martial art themed t-shirts and came across them).

Now we shall see if wisdom does come with age and if martial artists embody those traits that make them shine above the average person...
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

go watch them. you will be impressed gaurenteed.

the trailer was posted here for a while. its what made me change my mind for this movie.

i just watched the trailer and i am doing a 180. this looks good, cant wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.